IGNORED

Against Stack and Tilt? Tell Me Why.

Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

MY problem, however, was in the implementation as well. For whatever reason, my swing does not do what S&T; is supposed to do. A STILL slice the ball, no matter how much I move forward on the ball, or how much I come in-to-out. I realize it's my own mechanical issue, not an issue with S&T; - but, to me, it at least goes to show that S&T; is not going to make

have you used video?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
have you used video?

Yeah, exactly. He might feel as if he's coming in to out but it's highly, highly, highly unlikely he's doing it.

But let's stick to the topic please. I've yet to hear any really good reasons why S&T; is pooh-poohed by so many. I AM glad that nobody's tossed out "reverse pivot" or "bad for your back" or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe it is mis-information. Before I learned about it I thought it was a fad swing and thought, I don't want to swing like that. If you learn about it, you realize there isn't anything unique about it. Great players swing very much like S&T; subscribes.

Brian

Yeah, exactly. He might feel as if he's coming in to out but it's highly, highly, highly unlikely he's doing it.

Not myself but a friend, very small but very athletic, rather handsy swing, felt it didn't allow him to use his athleticism. This guy is 5 7 about 165 over 50 and consistently carries his driver 250+. Swing speed 106-107, His short iron play is erratic and he was trying to improve that area. I think he hits his 3 hybrid straighter than his 9 iron. He feels it is just another way to repackage natrual golf. Don't hurt me I know that is a silly thing for him to say.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I personally have not tried Stack and Tilt and therefore do not have anything against it. But, I'm not planning on ever trying it and here is why:

I've been playing this silly game for 23 years now. Except for learning the basics from my father and uncles, I am completely self tought and, since buying a camcorder, my own coach. I've never purchased a training tool, DVD/video set or had a lesson. I do subscribe to Golf Digest but I rarely give the tips much more than a quick read. (Except for Butch's of course! :D ) At one point in my life for a five year period, I played between scratch and +1 and was very proud to have gotten there on my own. However, real life (college, carreer, marriage, etc.) has slowly pulled me away from the game in the last 10 years or so. I guess you can call it foolish pride, but following my own "feel" based methods and not trying every tip, concept or training tool that has come out is what I'll continue to do.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I see two reasons why people don't appreciate it. The first is that it is a new concept and there are more veteran golf instructors and professionals who are going to stick to their guns. Funny thing is some of these veterans show some strong similarities. The second reason is that 15 handicap golfers go to the range and try to stack. After 4 or 5 miss hits, it becomes 'wrong.' If you really want to learn it, you can probably travel 2 hours from your home and see a qualified person, but I think this was the point to evolvr.

Once you understand how to see the principles in action and apply the right piece at the right time, you hit the ball better right now.

And how cool are the spectrums !

I've always heard it causes a reverse pivot and is bad for your back...

haha..thanks for the laugh before I go to bed.

G15 10.5 degree Driver

R5 3W and 5W

G10 4-UW Irons

Rossa Monza Corza putter

To me, Stack and Tilt is just another way to swing a golf club. I do not oppose stack and tilt; instead, I believe a golf instructor should be well rehearsed in all of the different golf swings. When it comes to teaching, I believe an instructor should not just focus on one type of swing; rather, decide which one is best fit for their pupil based on their body type, current swing tendencies, physical strength, flexibility, etc...

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

Note: This thread is 5081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!