IGNORED

World Cup

Golf Guru
Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The significance of that Donavan goal is huge for England,If Germany top the group tonight they will play England,the winners of that will then play Argentina or Mexico.
If England had won the group ie if USA hand't won today ,England were likely to play Uruguay or Sth Korea in the 1/4 finals,some difference!!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been about 45 minutes since the LD goal in extra time and my dogs are still hiding from me in the other room!

This will be the game I point to when someone bitches about additional time in footie again. Go Stars and Stripes!

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

America! F*CK YEAH!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

It's been about 45 minutes since the LD goal in extra time and my dogs are still hiding from me in the other room!

I have two cats still seeking refuge in a half-bath.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

My office came into the kitchen to see what I was yelling about lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The significance of that Donavan goal is huge for England,If Germany top the group tonight they will play England,the winners of that will then play Argentina or Mexico.

Making the gigantic assumption that England would have beat Serbia or Ghana.

Plus Germany is far from a lock to win their group at this point

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Making the gigantic assumption that England would have beat Serbia or Ghana.

Not making any assumption,but the truth is the path they have now is a lot harder than the one they would have had if they topped the group.

The English media had it all sussed out at half time,they were already talking about a England v Uruguay/South Korea 1/4 Final,the presenter even said that would be a good fixture to get wouldn't it :) That was until USA won and now they will have to play Argentina/Mexico if they get to the 1/4 which is a lot tougher if you ask me,especially as I would be confident of Argentina winning against Mexico. Anyway whatever happens I just hope England are eliminated ASAP!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Not making any assumption,but the truth is the path they have now is a lot harder than the one they would have had if they topped the group.

Both England and Germany have been up and down. I thought Germany's first match vs an experienced Austrailian team was an absolute clinic of crisp passing, good decisions and not forcing the play. However, they didn't look the same in their second match vs Serbia. Granted, Serbia is a solid team, Germany really looked off their game. The same goes for England. They played a very good match against the US and again today vs Slovenia, but looked poor against the Algerians. I think it's going to be a good match, but the reward is to play the winner of Mexico vs Argentina...... with that I don't think the Brits will make it to the semi's.

I do like the US chances to get to the semi's. Ghana's only win came from a late penalty kick on a stupid handball foul by Serbia. They've looked like a middle of the road team. Uraguay also showed they can be solid vs Mexico but only tied vs a lowly France squad. I can't wait to see the other half of the bracket!

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

We seriously should not have been struggling to get through that group but we did it eventually, and major congrats to the US, i was pulling for you even though you have pretty much knocked us out with that goal seeing as we've got to go through Germany and then Argentina before we could even get to the semis but who knows, cant wait for Sunday now.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Guys/gals maybe you can help me, being a soccer newb, I really don't know or follow it ,but in watching some of this years cup.
I'll have to ask, all the teams look/appear to take so many dives like they had just been hit by a truck to get a call.
Some deserve awards for their acting, imo.

GO USA

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

We seriously should not have been struggling to get through that group but we did it eventually, and major congrats to the US, i was pulling for you even though you have pretty much knocked us out with that goal seeing as we've got to go through Germany and then Argentina before we could even get to the semis but who knows, cant wait for Sunday now.

It's England staring at a potential Germany-Argentina one-two. If they somehow find a way to the semis, the squad would never have to pay for a meal again. This is the stuff tabloid headline writers dream of.

And I'm very glad it's you with that draw and not us.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

It's England staring at a potential Germany-Argentina one-two. If they somehow find a way to the semis, the squad would never have to pay for a meal again. This is the stuff tabloid headline writers dream of.

That's why Donovans goal was so important

Italy, looks like they're out

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Well, NZ is out too, but I am proud of them. They did better than Italy, and never lost a game. Great for New Zealand football

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Guys/gals maybe you can help me, being a soccer newb, I really don't know or follow it ,but in watching some of this years cup.

From the 2 cups i've watched compared to the EPL seasons I've watched, World Cup is a different atmosphere and playing style. In world cup play, teams play 90% defense and 10% offense fearing giving up a goal, it was rare to see a 7-0 blowout with portugal when most games end 1-0, 2-1, 0-0, 2-2...etc. For me it seems that players in world cups thrive on screwing with ref's and then getting pissed when the love tap they got didn't result in a free goal (PK). This year there seem to be many more legal tackles and challenges that aren't being called fouls for once, but that doesn't stop Douchiano Ronaldo from flopping like a fish outa water. When the knockout stages start, its only going to get worse. They will fall any time they are remotely poked in the penalty box to try and draw a penalty kick rather than doing the hard work for a real win :/ Maybe Zidane will come out of the woodwork and headbutt Ronaldo this year. But yeah, flopping is like 30x more prevalent in world cup play, and the amount of times you'll see player screaming handball on everything that even bumps a shoulder or chest at an odd angle. Honestly, I would give them all yellows for unsporting behavior or continual infringment of the rules, normally I hate games that end up with 10 v 11, but by my hand games would likely end up being 8-8 due to cheating douches :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Down in Sea Point now having a few beers on the way to watch the Dutch play Cameroon. Nothing in it, but it is a nice night. Loads of hot blond girls in orange. Hubba hubba.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL @ that sellout Rossi. Viva la fail
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The US snuck into the Round of 16 by the skin of its teeth. And has anyone noticed that Slovakia is in and France/Italia are OUT!!!!!
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!