IGNORED

World Cup

Golf Guru
Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

for us to win the World Cup now we've got to go through:
last 16 - Germany
last 8 - Argentina
semis - Spain
final - Brazil

we havent made it easy for ourselves

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, just maybe, Mexico's extensive experience at high altitudes will propel them to the upset of the tournament.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2010 Worldcup: The cup of card happy refs.

Great to see USA in. You guys play great football.

Great to see France and Italy out, you guys play disgraceful boring football with no intergrity. Keep diving and handballing, karma will keep coming.

From the 2 cups i've watched compared to the EPL seasons I've watched, World Cup is a different atmosphere and playing style. In world cup play, teams play 90% defense and 10% offense fearing giving up a goal, it was rare to see a 7-0 blowout with portugal when most games end 1-0, 2-1, 0-0, 2-2...etc. For me it seems that players in world cups thrive on screwing with ref's and then getting pissed when the love tap they got didn't result in a free goal (PK). This year there seem to be many more legal tackles and challenges that aren't being called fouls for once, but that doesn't stop Douchiano Ronaldo from flopping like a fish outa water. When the knockout stages start, its only going to get worse. They will fall any time they are remotely poked in the penalty box to try and draw a penalty kick rather than doing the hard work for a real win :/ Maybe Zidane will come out of the woodwork and headbutt Ronaldo this year. But yeah, flopping is like 30x more prevalent in world cup play, and the amount of times you'll see player screaming handball on everything that even bumps a shoulder or chest at an odd angle. Honestly, I would give them all yellows for unsporting behavior or continual infringment of the rules, normally I hate games that end up with 10 v 11, but by my hand games would likely end up being 8-8 due to cheating douches :P

The difference between the refs calls in the EPL to the world cup is much bigger than I thought. All the refs in the world cup must be from the italian league.

I can see why the EPL is the most watched league in the world. It's tough, technical football.

well, what should have been one of the most entertaining games on paper turned out to be the most boring game of the whole tournament so far. Brazil v Portugal should be full of tricks and a high quality, fast paced match but it turned out to be nothing more than 2 teams making sure they dont lose.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

for us to win the World Cup now we've got to go through:

lots of assumptions made there

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

lots of assumptions made there

im confident

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Uruguay or South Korea will be really tough, but if we beat Ghana we have a much easier road to the semifinal than the other teams do. Every other quadrant has a powerhouse team or two in it but ours.
Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

They made a good run...unfortunate to see them out.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

I was shouting for the U.S to score but they just weren't fit enough.
Towards the end they looked like they were about to pass out.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

gutted for you's but you just weren't good enough today, Ghana were just better than you

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

U.S. just got friggin lazy in my opinion. After the equalizing goal Ghana's defense was in shambles but like 10 minutes later they just didn't keep up the pressure and allowed Ghana to regroup. For every time they had a chance, they just didn't/couldn't close it out. Normally I'm not really a huge supporter of the home team since I think they have zero chance at actually winning the thing, but I still felt the U.S. played the better football today :/ they just couldn't finish it.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Poor Ireland, if that handball by Henry had been seen they would have beaten France

Poor england, if that goal had been allowed they might have beaten Germany

Poor Mexico, if that goal had been disallowed they might have beaten Argentina

Fifa have a lot of explaining to do, they've got to use camera's.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Poor Ireland, if that handball by Henry had been seen they would have beaten France

wouldnt have made a difference anyway, we were shocking yesterday

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

I dunno mcfc_nick,if that goal had of been allowed England would have had an unbelievable amount of momentum going into the second half.
As it turned out though Englands biggest problem was their defending,why had they 9 players in the German area for the free kick that lead to the 3rd German goal?

I mean Lampard was going to shoot anyway so why bring everyone up,it left them wide open at the back and the German counter attack.
I can't believe Im saying this but I actually felt sorry for England at half time yesterday,I admit I did want them to lose but it's not nice to see any team lose to a awful mistake from the ref or linesman.
Its just as well Germany scored another two goals!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

I dunno mcfc_nick,if that goal had of been allowed England would have had an unbelievable amount of momentum going into the second half.

the whole country could go on about this for weeks/months and probably will, but the truth of the matter is Germany were far, far better than us yesterday and while that 'goal' would have got us back into it we didnt deserve to be back in it, they could have been 5-0 up easily before then and then just outclassed us in the second half.

i agree with you about the free kick as well, dont ask me why having john terry and matt upson up there would have helped lampard to score directly from a free kick all in all Germany are better than us and showed it on sunday

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Note: This thread is 5010 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!