IGNORED

Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial

B-Con
Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Umm, there's other golfers you could watch that aren't that bad......

well, i really want to see phil in particular. can you blame me? i'm sure i'll have fun regardless, but who wouldn't be a little disappointed? true, the tickets are valid on any day, but sunday is the day that i'd been planning on attending.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i really want to see phil in particular. can you blame me? i'm sure i'll have fun regardless, but who wouldn't be a little disappointed? true, the tickets are valid on any day, but sunday is the day that i'd been planning on attending.

No, definitely don't blame you.

Sunday's the only day that works with my schedule as well. I'm really hoping he shoots well enough tomorrow to make the cut. I was originally hoping to be there to witness Phil taking the #1 ranking, but that's a fairly unlikely event at this point.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Daly looks to be on track for another bogey free round.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

phil really struggling to make the cut, scoring seems to be very good as well so its surprising that he's not playing very well

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Daily had 35 bogey-free holes and then ended today with a double bogey. A decent day, but probably not how he wanted to end it.

Phil on the other hand finished at 3 over for the day and 4 over for the tournament.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

How about Daly at -5? If he keeps it up he might have a pretty nice check this week. Too bad for phil, he probably isnt going to make the cut. Despite Augusta and Qauil Hollow, Phil hasnt played very well this season.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

How about Daly at -5? If he keeps it up he might have a pretty nice check this week. Too bad for phil, he probably isnt going to make the cut. Despite Augusta and Qauil Hollow, Phil hasnt played very well this season.

top 20 finish at the players championship.... yeah not that well.... However I agree he doesnt look like anything a Number 1 golfer should look like. Funny how tiger has a performance like that they begin finding 20 different reason and saying its the end to his reign... they also questioned Haney when tiger did this at QH... why isnt anyone questioning Butch ? i didnt see him at Colonial this week :)
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

Vijay Singh's behavior disgusts me. Directly after the commentators on TGC mention how they have never seen him angry or act stupidly, he throws a club. Especially at the Pro level, and after all this game has given to him, to act like this is a black mark on the PGA for allowing it to continue. He's the third player this year that I have see do something like this, and I'm sure there's been more that nobody saw. Singh is now the 3rd tour player on my s**t list.

Why doesn't the PGA get this under control? If they don't, golf will become like Nascar. In my opinion, this disrespect for the game warrants a DQ.

Go ahead, flame away.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

Vijay Singh's behavior disgusts me. Directly after the commentators on TGC mention how they have never seen him angry or act stupidly, he throws a club. Especially at the Pro level, and after all this game has given to him, to act like this is a black mark on the PGA for allowing it to continue. He's the third player this year that I have see do something like this, and I'm sure there's been more that nobody saw. Singh is now the 3rd tour player on my s**t list.

i know that this is wrong and everything but if there was one player that id allow this partially to it is Vijay, the dedication he has to the game and the hard work he puts in to it at his age is phenominal and i can understand his frustration at it not working at all for him for a while now, still he shouldnt be throwing his clubs about but i do feel sorry for him at the minute

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

let me get this straight... you think throwing clubs is going to degenerate the game of golf to the level of nascar? ha! so he's frustrated, i'd be too if my body wasn't holding up to hitting shots i made a year or two ago. he threw a club, so what? many a player has thrown clubs, and miraculously the tour has still been thriving all these years.

let me get this straight... you think throwing clubs is going to degenerate the game of golf to the level of nascar?

Ever seen any one of the greats, like Palmer, throw a club? You're helping to make my point. The tour has survived all these years, but IMHO, this behavior hurts the tour reputation. How do think this was perceived by someone who doesn't play golf, but now has a basis on which to form an opinion of it? We're all entitled to our opinions, so if you care to tollerate poor behavior with your partners, feel free. I won't.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

Damn, some BIG names missing the cut this week, Phil being one of them , and Vijay throwing a club, that's VERY VERY unlike him to do that ... sad to see, and I can understand why he did it, but that's besides the point, The USGA and PGA need to step up and start suspending players for throwing clubs regardless of who it is, It's childish and immature for ANY professional golfer to act in this manner period!

Ever seen any one of the greats, like Palmer, throw a club? You're helping to make my point. The tour has survived all these years, but IMHO, this behavior hurts the tour reputation. How do think this was perceived by someone who doesn't play golf, but now has a basis on which to form an opinion of it? We're all entitled to our opinions, so if you care to tollerate poor behavior with your partners, feel free. I won't.

yeah, i have seen the greatest, tiger woods, throw many a club. how am i helping you make a point? and club throwing either helps or hurts the reputation of the tour, your opinion doesn't make any bit of difference on the matter. i have not seen one bit of data that says it does. so somebody throws a club, how does that affect you in any way whatsoever?

yeah, i have seen the greatest, tiger woods, throw many a club. how am i helping you make a point?

Suppose I guit watching, stop buying tickets to events? Suppose sponsors pull out and TV coverage dies off? My point is that there has to be a point where the PGA steps in. You never answered my question...at what point do YOU think it's gone too far? When a spectator gets hurt, or what? What's YOUR limit to bad behavior?

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

For myself, I find golf more entertaining with some club dropping/throwing and general outbursts of joy or anger. But this discussion is better suited for another thread, this one is about the Crowne Plaza.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wheels are coming off JD

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!