IGNORED

Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial

B-Con
Note: This thread is 5072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

KJ's on fire

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now blowing up

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

KJ's on fire

And now cooling off in the water. What a terrible finishing hole, just awful. Too bad, he was on a really good run.

Drive to left rough, left rough to left rough, left rough to water....

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And now cooling off in the water. What a terrible finishing hole, just awful. Too bad, he was on a really good run.

drop in rough to through the green, through the green to through it again and back down the fairway...

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

nice 8, good way to finish

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

followed JJ Henry and Charlie Wi for all 18 holes today. Great ball striking from both, lots of barely missed putts and lip outs by Charlie.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Ever seen any one of the greats, like Palmer, throw a club? You're helping to make my point. The tour has survived all these years, but IMHO, this behavior hurts the tour reputation. How do think this was perceived by someone who doesn't play golf, but now has a basis on which to form an opinion of it? We're all entitled to our opinions, so if you care to tollerate poor behavior with your partners, feel free. I won't.

Yes. You look at the old videos you would find Nicklaus, Palmer, Hogan etc. throwing a club in disgust. Id admit, you rarley see a player of Veejay's s age and experience fling one but most of the best players have done so in competetion at one point or another. Woody Austin wrote himself into golf lore during an act of club abuse..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Suppose I guit watching, stop buying tickets to events? Suppose sponsors pull out and TV coverage dies off? My point is that there has to be a point where the PGA steps in. You never answered my question...at what point do YOU think it's gone too far? When a spectator gets hurt, or what? What's YOUR limit to bad behavior?

well, obviously hitting people with clubs is out of the question, whether intentional or inadvertent, that golfer should be DQ'd. though, i don't think there's ever been a point in history where the pga has needed to step in. these are golfers, not street thug NBA players we're talking about, they know how to keep themselves under control in that respect. as long as you're not inciting violence with your playing partner or the crowd, so what if somebody breaks/throws a club? i think it's kinda funny, actually. honestly, when have you ever heard of somebody not wanting to watch/follow tiger woods or some other golfer because they throw the occasional club?

well, obviously hitting people with clubs is out of the question, whether intentional or inadvertent, that golfer should be DQ'd. though, i don't think there's ever been a point in history where the pga has needed to step in. these are golfers, not street thug NBA players we're talking about, they know how to keep themselves under control in that respect. as long as you're not inciting violence with your playing partner or the crowd, so what if somebody breaks/throws a club? i think it's kinda funny, actually. honestly, when have you ever heard of somebody not wanting to watch/follow tiger woods or some other golfer because they throw the occasional club?

although i partly agree with you, it does put the crowd in danger a little bit (see tiger chucking his driver into the ground which then bounces into the crowd)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Only 3 international players in the top 20 after 3 rounds - a lot ot stars and stripes on the leaderboard.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I do understand your point, and it's just a difference of opinion. I just don't like to see it, especially at this level.

And to answer your question, yes...me. I won't follow any player that I don't respect. That includes Tiger. I know that seems nuts, but it's the way I am.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

I have a feeling that either Zach Johnson or Ben Crane will win this tourney. Zach and Ben's accuracy this week has been unbelievable and they both have looked so relaxed. They're also really good friends on and off the tour, so being paired together today will make it easy for either one of them to go really low, even with Sunday pin positions. I'd prefer to see Zach win, because he's a hometown guy, but Ben is a great guy too. If Crane wins, he should call Sabbatini and brag about winning the tourney.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I'm rooting for pavin.
I'd love to see him win.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

There's nobody on that leaderboard I'd ever root against - a lot of feel-good stories there. The most apealling story (to me) would be a win for Brian Davis.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm rooting for pavin.

Same here.

r9 Driver 10.5*
f50 3W 15*
975f 5W 18.5*
3DX 3-hybrid
i15 irons 4-PW Reg 588 Gunmetal 56* CG 10 Black Pearl 60* Craz-E Karsten series

I was rooting for Molder or Davis, but the way Zach is putting now, I don't see him losing it. Second weather delay now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

horns are getting on my nerves

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

got to the colonial about 11 this morning, got to see most of the field today. i liked the atmosphere better than a stadium course, but they rope off the fairways 20 yards or more out, so the only time you really get to see a shot up close is on the tee box. my frustration: lightning rolls in, so they stop play for about 45 min. so, i went on a mission and found some great seats in the stand right behind the 18th green to watch the finish, got some food and waited for the first restart. bam, more lightning. so, we left. i really wanted to see the finish, but one of the officials said it could be another hour, and it was hot as hell. oh well.

Note: This thread is 5072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!