IGNORED

Srixon Trispeed

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've noticed a few of you really like the Trispeed. Are you playing the new version, and if so, how does it compare to the previous version? Also, has anyone tried the Trispeed Tour? Thanks for any feedback.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

Im surprised so many people like the Trispeed.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've noticed a few of you really like the Trispeed. Are you playing the new version, and if so, how does it compare to the previous version? Also, has anyone tried the Trispeed Tour? Thanks for any feedback.

They're crazy long, the feel nice off the putter, and they seemed to have enough bite - certainly no less than other "feel" balls I play. They fly a little higher off the irons than I'm used to , but they're longer off the irons too, so I just take less club.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

They are great!!!! My favorite ball last year.

This year I switched to Gamers bcs I feel I get more bite around the green, but similar in every other aspect, except durability in which the TriSpeeds just rock!!!! I have not tried the Tour version, but eager to do so. I just have over 4 dz balls right now and can't, in good conscious, buy more. Right now I have Gamer and Gamer V2, TriSpeeds, AD333, Mojo, ProV1, and Z Starx (tour yellow) in my bag...the AD333 are my throw-away balls believe or not!

In shots that require presicion and controls I will either pull a TriSpeed or Gamer. Depends on what i started with...
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

this ball is outstanding
it checks up like a spin ball (I can make this ball sit and hop 6" or pull it back 12") but not too spinny like a Pro V
it is long off the tee and irons
has a great pearcing trajectory
it is PHENOMENAL in the wind - I played in 35+ km/hr winds today and this ball just soared through it
the graphics are simple and a sweet black and orange
durable as all hell - i have 2 brand new Cally wedges and this ball holds u
and the best part for me - the way it feels off the putter is second to none

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it is a TAD harder than the Pro V, but BARELY

I am playing the 2010 version, sorry can't compare it to the 2009, as i just started playing it for this season

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Cheap for a 3 piece ball!

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I play it as when looking for a cheaper alterantive to the Bridgestone e6, Srixon ball fitting told me to play this if I played teh e6.
So I did, as in the UK the e6 is £19.99 per dozen and the Trispeeds are currently £24.99 per dozen but BOGOF at my local store, so £12.49 per 12

I love the soft feel of them for chipping and putting, they are long of the driver and straight due to low spin, which makes them great of the longer irons as well.

Only complaint is that my Tour-W wedges are shredding them a bit, but I have no plans to stop playing them at this price

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Its surprising that you guys are getting so much spin from this ball, considering it has an ionomer/surylin cover. Id actually looked at them, but saw they were $30 a dozen, didnt have a urethane cover and thought, "why would I buy those when Z-Stars are only $10 more?"

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Its surprising that you guys are getting so much spin from this ball, considering it has an ionomer/surylin cover. Id actually looked at them, but saw they were $30 a dozen, didnt have a urethane cover and thought, "why would I buy those when Z-Stars are only $10 more?"

I know what your saying but for me I am getting 2 boxes for the price of one, so £24.99 for 24 balls, once this deal stops I will either get them used or go back to the e6 as they are only £19 a dozen.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Most folks don't have the knowledge to back up their choices or their claims.
The TriSpeed is primarily for Seniors and slower swing speeds. It is also NOT a high spin ball... in fact it rates on the low end of the spin scale for both Driver & Short Irons. It is low compression with a relatively firm cover (also a trait of Senior & Ladies Balls). Pretty much the same stats for the Trispeed Tour, except its cover is a bit softer.
I truely believe that the majority of the folks playing the Trispeed are using the incorrect ball. But then again, its what you get use to, since the USGA specs for ball construction are so narrowly defined.

I think you are 100% correct. I could play any ball once I get used to it - seriously. I've never played a ball that I couldn't stop on a green with a mid-iron. Okay, that's not true - playing a Spalding Molitor, a Dunlop DDH, or a first generation Pinnacle makes it kinda hard to enjoy a round.

What I'm saying is, a lot of people put too much stock in magazine articles and spin data. Try a few different balls and if you find one that is a good deal that suits your game, go with it. I ever start playing 7400 yard courses with rock hard greens on a regular basis, I'll look into a Tour Ball. Until then, I'll look for a line of balls that includes a "distance", "straight", and "feel" version, and I'll go with the Feels.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This year I switched to Gamers bcs I feel I get more bite around the green, but similar in every other aspect, except durability in which the TriSpeeds just rock!!!! I have not tried the Tour version, but eager to do so. I just have over 4 dz balls right now and can't, in good conscious, buy more. Right now I have Gamer and Gamer V2, TriSpeeds, AD333, Mojo, ProV1, and Z Starx (tour yellow) in my bag...the AD333 are my throw-away balls believe or not!

How do the two compare the "Trispeed" & "AD333"?? I used the AD333 last weekend (only had one) and was impressed by the distance atleast 1 club longer (flew the first 2 greens) but didn't really get a chance to see what kind of spin (as I lost it to the woods..dam 3w..!!) So i'm intrestred in picking some up but would like to know how the two compared distance and spin and feel wise, thanks in advance.

In my TaylorMade Catalina cart bag
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5*
Cobra Baffler Pro 18* Aldila NV Hybrid Stiff
TaylorMade 300 Forged 3-PW Rifle Flighted 6.0 Stiff
Cleavland 691 Tour Action 52* CG10 58*All wraped in Itomic Tacki-mac grips Oddesy White Hot #4 cut down to 33 1/2" Tempest...

All I know is the Tripseed is very long off the tee for me, I have a 110mph SS so I guess it's not supposed to work, but it does. I consistently stop it within a foot or two with anything up to a 6i as well.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

They are great!!!! My favorite ball last year.

Are you changing ball hole to hole? Are you allowed to do that if the ball is not damaged?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I find the differences between brands of balls less and less. I do notice more spin on high end tour level balls , below a 9I and around the green, they will spin back on occasion. But since I am not good enough to do it consistently thats not a plus. I usually play Bridgestone E5 when greens get hard in mid summer and E7 the rest of the time for a little better wind performance. I have played the new trispeed, I would say the tour is similar to the E7 with a slightly softer feel, but about the same performance. The regular one seemed almost identical to the E7.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

How do the two compare the "Trispeed" & "AD333"?? I used the AD333 last weekend (only had one) and was impressed by the distance atleast 1 club longer (flew the first 2 greens) but didn't really get a chance to see what kind of spin (as I lost it to the woods..dam 3w..!!) So i'm intrestred in picking some up but would like to know how the two compared distance and spin and feel wise, thanks in advance.

I get much better responce from the Tri Speed. I think is a great ball for mid handicappers. I get very good back spin from my mid and short irons. I have been able to make stick to the green with one bounce (few inches), and roll back towards the pin.

AD333 I have used a few times, I think these fly very well...long and straight. On the greens...put well, but I have not been able to get the spin that I want with these. I tend to go for a pitch and roll in most situations with these, bcs I can't get them to bit as the Tri Speed. The gamers on the other hand have much better bite than these two balls. I have more options green side with this ball. The only drawback is the way they shred. I have not playes a round with the Gamer v2 version, so I can't speck to it's durability. I get similar results around the green as I do with ProV1's, but the ProV1's tend to stray on me off the mid and long irons.
Are you changing ball hole to hole? Are you allowed to do that if the ball is not damaged?

I play alot of practice rounds....I rather spend $16 and play 9, than drop $11 for bucket at the range. I enjoy it more, and get to really pratice scenarios this way. As for the ball I usually carry 2 to 3 balls in my pocket out of habit. When I started playing I sliced very badly, so I would drop another ball and try again when I could. So basically I play a single ball per hole, unless I am doing very well with a particullar ball, I will stick to it until i loose it, otherwise I play whatever comes out my pocket.

It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I get much better responce from the Tri Speed. I think is a great ball for mid handicappers. I get very good back spin from my mid and short irons. I have been able to make stick to the green with one bounce (few inches), and roll back towards the pin. AD333 I have used a few times, I think these fly very well...long and straight. On the greens...put well, but I have not been able to get the spin that I want with these. I tend to go for a pitch and roll in most situations with these, bcs I can't get them to bit as the Tri Speed.

How would you compare the distance of the two? Do you think the Trispeed is as long or close?

In my TaylorMade Catalina cart bag
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5*
Cobra Baffler Pro 18* Aldila NV Hybrid Stiff
TaylorMade 300 Forged 3-PW Rifle Flighted 6.0 Stiff
Cleavland 691 Tour Action 52* CG10 58*All wraped in Itomic Tacki-mac grips Oddesy White Hot #4 cut down to 33 1/2" Tempest...

not really sure where you all figure this ball is for SENIORS, LADIES and mid to high cappers???
i can hold a candle to most players and WITH this ball to say the least
yep its not a spin ball, its a distance ball - but a good ball striker can pretty much make ANY ball spin around the greens and make it work

IMO, if you cant make it spin w any ball, you spend the money on a tour level ball to compensate

HERES AN IDEA:

spend less on a ball, use the extra cash for lessons or more golf rounds???
just a thought (and this coming from an ex-Pro V player)

/ rant
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!