IGNORED

How to Increase Swing Speed?

Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Swing path determines the line that a ball will start it's flight on, but has ZERO bearing on whether the ball will fly straight, hook, or slice. The spin which causes a ball to move in a certain direction is caused solely by the angle of the clubface at impact.

What now?

The initial direction of the ball flight is 85-100% dictated by club face angle , not swing path. Of course swing path is a factor on the spin imparted on the ball. Spin is imparted at a rate depedning on the relationship between swing path angle and club face angle, you can't curve the ball without either. Both swing path and club face angle are factors needed to curve the ball.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, back to the topic, without seeing a video, it's hard to tell what you should work on but a couple of basics would be work on your core strength and lower body and start working on flexibility. You'd be surprised what a full shoulder turn will do for your distance and it takes flexibility to get that. Good luck
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

• 3 years later...

hi well im 5' 8" 168 lbs i also jog, but i do push ups, pull ups well i work out, but it did NOT matter too much as i noticed from the tips i got from my brother in law, last week he got me out on the course and explained how i bend too much forward, i didn;t bend my knees, and instead of going for a wider backswing i put the club too high up, and my left arm used to bend too early instead of having the V formation. my hands were too far down and too close to my body but he got me sorted out a little bit and i went from 200 to 230 yards, and from 82 to 90 mph, i asked him where he learned it from because i was ejoying the golf time but you all know if you spend too much time sucking at something you get tired he told me to google Jacob Bowden and i did and found this http://swingmangolf.com/ and i will sure be to check it out what do you think?? i did some research on the guy and found out impressive stuff!!

• iacas changed the title to How to Increase Swing Speed?
Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!