IGNORED

Memorial Skins Game/Tournament thread...

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody watching the skins game? Looks like tiger still has a few tricks up his sleeve and phil is ready to make a real go at it this weekend. I still say tiger finds a way to win and phil comes in second, i think camillo will be a big contender as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tiger looked like he will be respectable and around on the weekend but I would count on him winning. Mickelson on the other hand would be my pick if he plays that way all weekend. He made that 30 seem effortless but both of them have to put it together all 4 days.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Tiger played better than the last couple of tournaments, but Phil just slammed his opponents, winning all 9 skins. I think both of them will be in contention, but Phil may be the better player.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger and Phil looked real good yesterday. How about those greens!? (Ernie Els)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

My top picks are Vijay and Woods

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

i didnt get to see it, those of you who know tigers swing, did it look better than it did at the beginning of the year?

Colin P.

i didnt get to see it, those of you who know tigers swing, did it look better than it did at the beginning of the year?

Yes it does, he won his skins game, his driver was better, but not perfect, but I think he woulda shot maybe 32 or 33 through the 9 holes. he looks a lot better.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Tiger played better than the last couple of tournaments, but Phil just slammed his opponents, winning all 9 skins. I think both of them will be in contention, but Phil may be the better player.

Agreed, BUT! imo Phil IS the better player at this point, and with the #1 spot as the driving force to a win, he smells blood and will go for the kill! my pick Phil wins and takes over the number one spot

yea and part of that too is that he is working on his own swing now. I heard hank hanney say that he said to Tiger one time "hey try this grip", so Tiger trys it and it feels totally unnatural to him and Tiger says "you want me to hit a ball like this, I cant hit the ball with this grip". Hank tells him to just try it and so he says ok and hits a great shot with that grip. Just because he hit a great shot with it he stuck with that grip even though to him it felt like he couldnt hit the ball with it. Tiger would be able to hit the ball great no matter what so it wasnt the grip. Hank messed around too much.

Anyone see that sprinkler head shot from Tiger? One of those "wtf?" moments.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Tiger's just playing like he has the whole year really, no major surprise there. His swing does not work... May be a result of tournament pressure he puts on himself, he did play somewhat well on the skins game. Still, he does not trust the swing. Can you say two-way miss?

Phil looks very good, as usual not giving away a lot of shots, 0 this first round. Furyk and O'Hair sitting at -4, KJ at -3.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

rickie fowler at -5, he went on a run of birdie-birdie-birdie-eagle-birdie

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Hey, Adam Scott cut his hair.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I only watched tiger play maybe 4-5 holes today but his tempo looked MUCH better. What I think is insane though is this is the first time I can remember seeing him hit poor/bad shots while having good tempo. Normally when he swings smooth like that he ALWAYS stripes it.

Tiger making a run early, can see him going really low today

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!