IGNORED

favorite fairway wood

Note: This thread is 4264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think you would find a lot of pros have had their 3w in the bag for a while- they find one that works and are reluctant to change.
Mine is a R7 steel head- it's the second best club in my bag-after my putter.

In my research on other forums about this subject, people always bring up the Nike T-60 as being a classic, as well as Sonartec SS-3.5, which I ordered off ebay the other day. I'm excited to give it a try!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another vote for the Ping G10, i just replaced my HiBore XLS 3 wood with a Ping G10 4 wood, no distance loss and a perfect trajectory, very solid at impact... love it. Got it second hand with a prolaunch red for $100 which is even better :)

Check out the Adams Insight BTY, I just bought the 18* 5 wood and it will be my gamer real fast.

Item specifics
Condition: Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions... Read more Club Type: Fairway Wood
Brand: Adams Model: Insight BTY
Shaft Material: Graphite Dexterity: Right-Handed
Flex: Regular

See reviews

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

taylormade burner 3w
What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

My mizuno F60 3 wood has put par 5's back into play. I love that club off the deck and it is long!

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

Hey guys whats your favorite fairway wood, 3w etc?

Callaway's Diablo Edge Tour is absolutely the best 3 wood ever made. Hands down, no doubt about it. I played with a kid in a tournament last week who has the same 3 wood, he had the same opinion of it as well. It was like we were two people speaking the same. Anyhow, get this 3 wood! I seriously hit the thing like a missle. The ball rockets off the clubhead! I can hit the thing 270 off the tee and have caught it a few times 270 from the fairway as well. Absolutely unbelieveable performance. Thank you Callaway! http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/e...rwayWoods.html

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I have a 9 wood that I like for a specific shot: low trajectory, ballooning at the end, and dropping with just a little roll.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I really have confidence and enjoy hitting my Nike SQ Dymo 2 5 wood. Its the square head which I usually don't like and a regular flex, which I usually don't like, but this club is straight down the pipe everytime and I can almost always hit a good shot with it no matter the lie. Not only my favorite fairway wood, but my favorite club in my bag

The Dymos are great.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I am physically incapable of hitting any 3 Wood produced after 1994. They go low, short, or sideways for me, which is why I play a couple of ancient Callaways that are probably buyable (if you can still find them, used, in a pro shop or on Ebay) for $11 each.

titliest 906f4 w/ Aldila Proto VS 'by yo', easily the best combination of head and shaft i've ever used.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Callaway steel head plus, three wood is by far my favorite. I have a steel shaft in it with a little added weight. I always bring it to demo days to compare it to something newer and this club always makes it back into the bag. I can find three woods that are longer and run forever, but this club in the best for length and soft landings. I also have the same set-up in a five wood that I use when I take out my 2 iron.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

Note: This thread is 4264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!