IGNORED

shank proof wedge

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, so I'm a sh...y golfer. After a 25 year layoff I'm back and having a ball.
Anyway, this is about the Black Magic Wedge which I ordered yesterday. I need a gap wedge so I ordered the 52*. It is supposed to be shank proof as it doesn't have a hosle (sp). They have a nice video review on the web site. I would like to know if anyone has used them. I'm a sucker for gadgets.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awwwww man that wedge looks dodgy. Couldn't deal with that. Is it meant to be a chipper, because i can't imagine that being playable for full shots!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

If it works for you go for it. Personally I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! But thats just me.
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

looks like a hybrid wedge. It's different, but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.

Let us know how it works...

If you shank a wedge, why not get a complete shank proof iron set, heck, get the woods at the same time. If it only existed that is. It's incredible that they can sell equipment as being "shank proof". Can I get a slice proof club too?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A shank is, more or less, when you catch the ball with either edge of the club. This Black Magic Wedge may not have a hosel, but it still has edges. If you swing and catch the ball on either edge I guarantee your shot will still suck.

The sole is very rounded, long, and flat. It's not going to be very useful in rough. From the fairway or the fringe, though, it might be easier to use in the same way as a chipper.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I'm not trying to be negative or someone who seems to know more than you, but shouldn't you be able to do things with a wedge other than chip? I can answer that question myself...yes. This thing definitely looks like a chipper, which would be great for a bump and run, but what about a pitch or a flop shot? Just wondering, not trying to be a douchebag about things because if it works for you that's great.
Chipping/pitching to me is one of the easiest things to work on if you have any size yard at all so maybe you can get good with this thing or work with your other wedges to quit the shanking. Good luck man!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

... but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.

That's funny

looks like a hybrid wedge. It's different, but personally I'd swing a turd on a stick if I thought I could make a great shot each time.

Wow. haha. i wouldn't.

What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

Um... What is this thing? Can someone post a picture?

And to the OP, can you like... learn not to shank it? I have hosels on all my clubs, but I generally don't use them to hit the ball.

And to the OP, can you like... learn not to shank it? I have hosels on all my clubs, but I generally don't use them to hit the ball.

That's some funny stuff!!

That club looks ugly, would be interesting to see how it plays though.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I love when the douchebags come out to comment. They'll tell you how you can't 'pure' a shot with that club. How most people have never 'pured' a shot.

F them. Hey, if that club works for you, great. Hope it does. Good luck-

CARBITE Putter

I love when the douchebags come out to comment. They'll tell you how you can't 'pure' a shot with that club. How most people have never 'pured' a shot.

Interesting, because not one person here has mentioned "puring" shots with this club, so either you're suffering from dementia, or you're an idiot. The only thing we've said is this thing is a gimick, and it's ugly. As a 25 handicap, I doubt you "pure" many shots period.

Interesting, because not one person here has mentioned "puring" shots with this club, so either you're suffering from dementia, or you're an idiot. The only thing we've said is this thing is a gimick, and it's ugly. As a 25 handicap, I doubt you "pure" many shots period.

True Dat

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!