IGNORED

Phil Mickelson: longest hitter on tour?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that the surgeries have taken a toll on Tiger, but the harder he tries to hit the ball the worse off-line it gets. Short and crooked are going to make 18 majors difficult...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and Butch said, "hey, you don't need a driver if you hit your hybrid 300!" So, you know Phils huge bomb drives? That's a 4h! Seriously.

Interesting fact did you know that the 4 hybrid he uses is a Dunlop? He's got a special deal with them.

Back to the OP, Phil has gotten huge he used to be shorter than tiger but last year at the HSBC i think, which was in China I think, I haven't got a good memory but I know it was in Asia. Phil was hitting his driver 10-20 yards past tiger consistantly and taking one less club on his iron shots.

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 R
3 Wood: SQII 15
Hybrid: XLS 19
Irons: 3-PW Ta5
Wedges: 52* CG 10 58* Vokey SM08Putter: Rossa TP Kia Ma Monaco Ball: Pro V1/V1x, Z-Star/Z-Star x

Yeah, Phil hits it long, but he swings so frikken hard compared to a lot of players.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

This is one the very few distance stats that matters to me. These are all the players I suspected would be near the top. Number one and two are sure no surprise. Go for it!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I went to the memorial Sat, first event ever for me. I watched Tiger, Phil, Adam Scott, a bunch others. Didn't see Holmes. I can say one thing for sure. No one else's drivers sounded anything like phils. He hits it so far past where the others hit it. It was number 6, I watched scott, ohair, another guy tee off, followed them then droped back. All hit driver, Phil was 30 yards past those two and they aren't short.

He was by far the most impressive player I followed.

Brian

I don't know if he's the longest but a 7 irons for a 215 yard par 3.... an 8 iron for a 189 yard par 3... just one thing... impressive!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I've also noticed that when he uses the driver, there is no holding the 'pose' after contact...quite often he takes a few steps back or to the side, as if he is off-balance due to the effort he's put into the shot...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

He's long because he doesn't give a damn about how nice his swing is. He just all-out swings as hard as he can. He can do this because of his strength, though. It's so much fun watching him play.

He's long because he doesn't give a damn about how nice his swing is. He just all-out swings as hard as he can. He can do this because of his strength, though. It's so much fun watching him play.

where are all these "core exercises" when it comes to getting rid of his love handles and man-boobs? He looks like such a fat slob in those 2-sizes-too-small shirts he wears...even my 60 year old mother in law refers to him as "gay boy". Not saying I endorse that nickname...just saying

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

he does have a thing for those tight shirts. the occasional apparent nipples cause me to change the channel.

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

Tiger's man boobs over the last year or so have been challenging Phil's.

Rivals in every way.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I just don't agree. phil isn't fat by any means. Not every person has the ability to be built like a greek god. He works his ass off and I thought he looked nice on Saturday in person. I guess I am biased b/c I have a similar build to Phil and I work my ass off too. Heck, I wear a gay cycling outfit and I am sitting at 19% body fat, 189 LB. Phil is definitely under that in body fat.

Brian

A couple years ago Phil was looking pretty rough but he definitely looks a lot more in shape over last year. I also don't think his shirts are too tight it's not like he's got a beer gut hanging out. I was more offended by Fowler's need to dress up like a cone.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I've heard that his irons are 2* stronger than most.

This and he's freakish.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

Wonder how much bigger Michelson's arms are now than 5 years ago. He has changed from a gawky kid to a hulk. Anybody know what his lifting program is?

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

A couple years ago Phil was looking pretty rough but he definitely looks a lot more in shape over last year. I also don't think his shirts are too tight it's not like he's got a beer gut hanging out. I was more offended by Fowler's need to dress up like a cone.

offended?

Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!