IGNORED

Phil Mickelson: longest hitter on tour?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

offended?

A little heavy... I will go with bothered
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, we should all hope to be in as good of shape as Tiger or Phil. Phil is 40 years old, and he's still got a great build. Sure, they have some pecks that stick out, but it's not a big deal. Our country is obsessed with looks, but severely obese. We are all fat, but we want our celebrities to be in perfect shape. It's a ticking timebomb.

bahahahhahaah

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Yes he's a huge driver! I remember at the Quail Hollow Championship, he drove 350 yards on one hole, I think! It's too bad it hooked left a bit.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

• Administrator
Anybody know what his lifting program is?

Couple of donuts, a pint of Ben & Jerry's, and some In-n-Out or Five Guys burgers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Boy, we should all hope to be in as good of shape as Tiger or Phil. Phil is 40 years old, and he's still got a great build. Sure, they have some pecks that stick out, but it's not a big deal. Our country is obsessed with looks, but severely obese. We are all fat, but we want our celebrities to be in perfect shape. It's a ticking timebomb.

you have to be kidding me right now. I would bet good money that Phil could not go out and jog 5 miles right now without having a massive coronary. He's by no means a fat slob like some guys on tour these days (Tim Herron), but to put him in the same category as guys like TIGER as far as physical fitness? CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOON now

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Again.. Tiger is nowhere near peak fitness either these days.He's a million miles from the kind of shape he in during, say, the 08 US Open.He has 3 chins ffs!Phil's fitness has improved slightly and Tiger's has slipped a little, so they're closer in that regard than they've ever been.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Wonder how much bigger Michelson's arms are now than 5 years ago. He has changed from a gawky kid to a hulk. Anybody know what his lifting program is?

Phil's probably taking roids.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Again.. Tiger is nowhere near peak fitness either these days.He's a million miles from the kind of shape he in during, say, the 08 US Open.He has 3 chins ffs!Phil's fitness has improved slightly and Tiger's has slipped a little, so they're closer in that regard than they've ever been.

And even then they're still on opposites spectrums in terms of all round fitness.

Tiger by a mile.

I just don't agree. phil isn't fat by any means. Not every person has the ability to be built like a greek god. He works his ass off and I thought he looked nice on Saturday in person. I guess I am biased b/c I have a similar build to Phil and I work my ass off too. Heck, I wear a gay cycling outfit and I am sitting at 19% body fat, 189 LB. Phil is definitely under that in body fat.

Phil is overweight. Period.

No some people can't be built like Adonis but that doesn't excuse him from being overweight. And where do you hear he works his ass off? I hear the opposite. I think I'm the only Phil hater here. Big fat phony he is.

Big fat phony who hits it a ton. He's definitely more fit then the last few years. He's a big rangy guy, not some little skinny guy like a lot of pros, and it contributes to his power.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

He's a big rangy guy, not some little skinny guy like a lot of pros, and it contributes to his power.

Indeed.Phil's 6 foot 3 and he's 40 years of age.. He's never gonna have a body like Brad Pitt.

And where do you hear he works his ass off? I hear the opposite.

Really?What reputable source did you hear that from?

Butch Harmon regularly says he expected Phil to be lazy when he started working with him but was pleasantly surprised.Point is, you don't get that good at all aspects of the game unless you work extremely hard.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

You got to think he may be a little heavier, but he's a good 5 inches taller that your average guy.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Big fat phony he is.

Help you I will.... maybe you should lay off the star wars and look at him 5 years ago then compare to him today. I just don't see how anyone figures he is fat my idea of fat would be Herron, Calc etc. I wouldn't even consider JB Holmes fat some people are just not built to be skinny but stay in shape. Another good example is look at NFL olinemen or dlinemen all of them over 300lbs and I'd bet they run faster 40 times than most people on this board. PGA golfers aren't NFL linemen but if you just saw a linemen you'd think he's fat too.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Help you I will.... maybe you should lay off the star wars and look at him 5 years ago then compare to him today. I just don't see how anyone figures he is fat my idea of fat would be Herron, Calc etc. I wouldn't even consider JB Holmes fat some people are just not built to be skinny but stay in shape. Another good example is look at NFL olinemen or dlinemen all of them over 300lbs and I'd bet they run faster 40 times than most people on this board. PGA golfers aren't NFL linemen but if you just saw a linemen you'd think he's fat too.

Exactly, Phil's not as Svelte as a toothpick, but he's not fat. He's in wonderful shape as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love to be in the shape he's in. Lucky for me, there's a lot of really hot young women who like us big guys, so for now I'm ok.

No matter how you slice it, people with high BMIs tend to have shorter lifespans. Add in the brain damage from playing football and possible steroid useage, it's not hard to see why a lot of football players die early and really struggle in their final years. And I'm not even just talking about the pro players - it's really sad.

Anyway, I went to school with a "portly" guy who could run with above average speed, and in sports where hand-eye and quick movements are king, he really kicked a$$. Badminton and baseball especially. When he was up to bat you could see the infielders really on edge. The ball was either over the fence or taking out the third baseman. he had this almost effortless power.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ok first off I aint laying off Star Wars and yes 5 years ago he was fat.

After looking at this pic he isn't that fat. Just slightly overweight. But he's still a phony.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5057 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!