IGNORED

Rickie fowler has a stupid hat

Sandy Sammy
Note: This thread is 4484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm getting old. The new style looks dumb IMO. I know that's the style of some kids these days. Long hair, skinny jeans, wearing "military caps", but it looks kinda rediculous on the golf course IMO. If you want to make a statement, give me the Payne Stewert style every day of the week :)

Some people can pull off the painters cap, I just think Ricky's head is too small for it and his choice of colors hurts my eyes. Looks like a kid snuck into his dads closet to get a hat. Last I checked OSU wasn't neon orange. He's just one yellow stripe away from looking like candy corn.

Saw Daley in one that his company started selling and it didn't look bad. Granted he's got a big ole noggin and it was a more subdued color, though what isn't compared to the pants.

I think i'm getting old. The new style looks dumb IMO. I know that's the style of some kids these days. Long hair, skinny jeans, wearing "military caps", but it looks kinda rediculous on the golf course IMO. If you want to make a statement, give me the Payne Stewert style every day of the week :)

I can live with Fowler's gear because, unlike Payne Stewart, he actually seems like a nice, very genuine guy. I love the way PS was given a personality makeover after his tragic death.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

True that homes.

I'm waiting for the day where in one group, Garcia dresses in banana yellow, Fowler in orange, Poulter in pink. Queer Eye will go nuts.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can live with Fowler's gear because, unlike Payne Stewart, he actually seems like a nice, very genuine guy. I love the way PS was given a personality makeover after his tragic death.

There's a song that includes the line, "everyone's friends with a dead guy". Nick Faldo is trying to do his while he's still alive - I wish him the best of luck. Anyway, Payne's puffy tablecloth plus fours someone posted are better than Fowler's monochrome kindergarten color palette how? They all have their ups and downs, and Ricky is just trying to get some attention for his sponsor.

Speaking of Tiger's classy garb, how about those skin tight mock turtlenecks and baggy front grampa pants, with mis-matched shoes and belt - that was a good look.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Speaking of Tiger's classy garb, how about those skin tight mock turtlenecks and baggy front grampa pants, with mis-matched shoes and belt - that was a good look.

LOL, Why does he wear those baggy (parachute) pants? He looks more corporate than best dressed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its a good change of pace from the oversized polo shirts with super long short sleeves and big baggy pleated pants... but i agree, he looks ridiculous. I personally prefer the way guys like Adam Scott and even Justin Rose dress. Nice fitted polo shirts and nice fitted flat front slacks. Looks proper, classy, modern and young...instead of gaudy and flashy.

Class...but then again, not everyone is a pro golfer + Burberry model.

"Yeah I'm sexy and I play golf and make millions. What of it?"

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

LOL, Why does he wear those baggy (parachute) pants? He looks more corporate than best dressed.

I call them the 50 year old car salesman pants. big pleated ugly pants.

I call them the 50 year old car salesman pants. big pleated ugly pants.

I know it sounds kind of coughgaycough, but Zach Johnson seem to know how to buy pants.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I know it sounds kind of coughgaycough, but Zach Johnson seem to know how to buy pants.

you just wait til I bust in the scene wearing skin tight skinny pants on tour. My new outfit on course...with the hair and all.

Make no mistake about it ... R.F. is paid by Puma to dress in what they want him seen in:

So, your view is that Fowler was a khakis and baseball cap wearing golfer until Puma forced him to wear the bright orange outfit and oversized hat?

And for others, class isn't what you wear, it's how you act. Tiger Woods is classless both on and off the course, while Fowler's attitude down the stretch and in interviews after a couple of close wins speaks volumes about him as a person.

So, your view is that Fowler was a khakis and baseball cap wearing golfer until Puma forced him to wear the bright orange outfit and oversized hat?

Tiger acted like that 20 years ago too. Funny that.

Thats right, Tiger woods doesn't need to take a lesson from anyone

my comment was OBVIOUSLY referring to his style of dress on the course. We all know he's classless off of it, no newsflash there

And for others, class isn't what you wear, it's how you act. Tiger Woods is classless both on and off the course, while Fowler's attitude down the stretch and in interviews after a couple of close wins speaks volumes about him as a person.

When did this turn into a "point out the obvious fact that tiger is an •••••••" thread? Again, my comment was very very very obviously referring to the fact that I feel he DRESSES with far more class, not behaves that way

And Tiger wears those baggier pants because he has muscular legs the size of tree trunks. The tight pants might work for thinner guys like Camillo and Adam Scott, Tiger has a bit more substance to his physique...and again just to point out - NOT his personality.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Note: This thread is 4484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!