IGNORED

Mizuno MP-68s From Ebay: Authentic or Knock-offs?

Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bk1az

Hi Brandon.  My name is Brad.  I too won a set of MP-68's on ebay today and am now worried that they may be fakes.  Do you remember who the seller was by chance?  Did you ever find out if yours are real or fake?  Based on your pictures, the clubs look real to me.  The only thing that is suspect is the ferrule as it doesn't match the stock photo even from the Mizuno China website.  I haven't received my clubs yet and am wondering if I just stop payment now before it goes to far.  The seller is from Knoxville, China.  Never heard of such a place and they haven't responded to my email as of yet.  Any info you may be able to provide me would be great.  Thanks Brandon, Brad.

The seller was bigbird7 or something along those lines, he was from Canada and the clubs were definitely fake.  If your seller is listed as being from Knoxville, China, that's not a good sign.  A few questions:

1. What was the final selling price.
  2. What is the return policy on the clubs?  You may want to start preparing the return/claim process now.  Don't do anything yet, just get all the information you can regarding what the return policy is and any info about the auction that would support the idea they are counterfeit.
  3. Are the pics stock or were they uploaded by the user?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This thread should be on the anti counterfeiting pages of every major company in the world!

Its amazing.

Just for peoples information. You have no legal obligation to return an counterfeit goods you buy even if your refunded. They are yours to keep or throw away or do whatever you want except one thing.

It is illegal to resell them, to anyone even if they know they are fake. In most states this is punishable by a fine up to 5000 dollars and up to a year in jail.

• Upvote 1
nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

if they are real you basically got them for cost, im guessing what happened is that someone has an account with mizuno and ordered them.  when they got them, they put them up on ebay with a starting bid of 550 so they wouldnt loose all of the initial investment of the $640 that it cost them for the clubs...its the clubs that are buy it now for like $550 that you have to watch out for because if they're real someone is willingly taking a $100 loss on them. which is extremely unlikely

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

• 1 year later...

I am a victim of  fake MP 68's. I purchased a set 2 months ago from an online seller that supposedly was a pro named Kermit Olson from Azimuth golf EGA,LLC. Online he was also listed as the president of this company and a golf instructor. I checked on him and never saw anything written that this guy was a scam. When i got to Orange County and saw the clubs, i was in love with it right when i saw it cause it looked like how he explained it to me online. so i went ahead and purchased them for $325.

Yesterday, i went to local Roger Dunn to have my grips changed and they noticed that the clubs didnt have a serial number in the hosel right of top of the engraving that says "grain flow forged". this was the thing that i should have done... check the serial number.. i made a mistake of trusting someone i dont even know.

Before you guys purchase on line have them send you the serial number so you can call mizuno and have them verify if the clubs are real.

The funny thing is i have been hitting great shots with this club not knowing i have a set of fake ones!

Originally Posted by jay2gas

I am a victim of  fake MP 68's. I purchased a set 2 months ago from an online seller that supposedly was a pro named Kermit Olson from Azimuth golf EGA,LLC. Online he was also listed as the president of this company and a golf instructor. I checked on him and never saw anything written that this guy was a scam. When i got to Orange County and saw the clubs, i was in love with it right when i saw it cause it looked like how he explained it to me online. so i went ahead and purchased them for $325.

Yesterday, i went to local Roger Dunn to have my grips changed and they noticed that the clubs didnt have a serial number in the hosel right of top of the engraving that says "grain flow forged". this was the thing that i should have done... check the serial number.. i made a mistake of trusting someone i dont even know.

Before you guys purchase on line have them send you the serial number so you can call mizuno and have them verify if the clubs are real.

The funny thing is i have been hitting great shots with this club not knowing i have a set of fake ones!

Not only that, but you can check Mizuno's site for authorized dealers.  If you aren't buying from an individual, that would be a good place to start.

Also keep in mind that some serial numbers are forged copies, so if you contact an OEM about it, the serial number may be valid.  The counterfeit set I purchased had a valid serial number.

I just went in and looked at both my MP52's and MP57's, since I had never paid much attention to the serial numbers because I bought both of them from authorized local retailers.

What I noticed that's different than most clubs is that the serial numbers on both sets isn't really engraved on like most sets, it appears to have a different process.  And every iron has the serial number on it, not just the 6 iron.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

What I noticed that's different than most clubs is that the serial numbers on both sets isn't really engraved on like most sets, it appears to have a different process.  And every iron has the serial number on it, not just the 6 iron.

Same here.  The serial number is on the entire set of my authentic MP68s, but was only on the 6-iron of the counterfeit clubs.

• 2 years later...
Note: This thread is 3150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!