• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Fat Slice

Biggest front 9 / back 9 disparity?

63 posts in this topic

I got a big one today:

Front 38
Back 49

I thought I might be in for an epic round, but, NOPE!

36/52, years ago. It started on the 10th hole after I got a lost ball and had to run back to the tee to hit again (it was a tournament). That got me all flustered and I played like a big baby for the rest of the round.

I'm going to guess the "shoot good front nine then collapse epically on the back" routine is a bit more common then the other way around.

My buddy shot 34/46 in a tournament. For me, it's 39/46. It's "only" 7 shots, but I guess it's good that my nines are somewhat consistent.

I got a big one today:

haha..i did almost the same thing last week...but worse... Front 38 Back 52 consistency is a bitch...

a couple weeks ago i shot 33/45 for a disgusting 78. not so much that the score was disgusting, but the back nine.

Largest recent was last fall.... 33-43 for 76. It was my lowest 9 holes ever (actually lowest 11 holes at -3), so in that respect it was great, but from the 11th hole on I shot bogey golf. The swing just went away... suddenly I couldn't get off the tee.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 front/40 back

the front has horrible, but i birdied 8 which kinda turned it around. bogeyed a hard 9 then had only one double on the back while making a couple pars and a couple bogeys.

38/48 on 5/14/10. That 48 was with one birdie as well. yikes!!

Was match play.

Dropped 5 holes on the front.

Finished the back only down 1 hole.

my biggest difference this season was the 1st time I went out after a long winter....

shot a 54 on the front...
shot a 42 on the back........

the reason I shot so bad on the front is I lost $15.00 between the 1st and 2nd holes...and I was very upset about it.....I took a 7 on holes 3 and 4, (but Par 4's) just wasn't into playing.

My biggest difference is (on a 36 f 36 b course)
54 on the front nine (18 over)
39 on the back (3 over))

The first time I played South Winchester in England

Just yesterday I shot a 44/36. Worst I can remember was last year, 50/38 (new course to me and strong wind).

I also did a 38/52 last week. The front nine was the best in my life, starting out the first 5 holes at 1 over. I finished with 15 on the last two holes, just playing stoopid.