Sign in to follow this  
michaeljames92

Official US Open Thread

Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

364 posts / 27858 viewsLast Reply

Haven't seen one been made yet so I decided to start it. Well Its not long to go till the first round. Anyone going to watch and more importantly who will win?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

It's wide open.

Before I would have said Tiger. Now I don't know, there's so many players on form right now. All I know is it's going to be a brilliant tournament.

Even though tiger is at the lowest he's been in a long time he likes pebble beach and he might be able to pull this off.
I don't like the way phil is playing now, it isn't working.

I'm actually going to get up at 3 every morning to watch. I'd like to see Tiger win just to prove he has still got it. Other than him I'd like to see players like Rory Mcilroy, Dustin Johnson get up. I had a punt on Francesco Molinari to make top 25 at $4.00. Seems like a good bet to me

With all the expectation on guys like Phil and Westwood now, maybe some of the younger guys can make the breakthrough.I like Rory McIlroy too.Very much looking forward to it.4 days of the US Open is going to be better than the entire World Cup.

With all the expectation on guys like Phil and Westwood now, maybe some of the younger guys can make the breakthrough.I like Rory McIlroy too.Very much looking forward to it.4 days of the US Open is going to be better than the entire World Cup.

Especially when your country gets flogged 4-0 by Germany.

I'm going with Dustin Johnson for the win here, He's won the last two regular tour events at pebble, so why not the US Open? or sure the course will be harder, which shouldn't be a problem for this long driving young gun, 495, 502 and 505 yard par 4's, yea baby!

I'm at Pebble Beach this week for the event, The course looks good and the rough looks nasty, wish I was playing it lol, weather is ok, the usual June morning fog since we're on the ocean and the water hasn't warmed up yet for summer, lil wind as well

Headed down Friday night for the weekend, can't wait! Trying to figure out what the best gameplan is going to be for viewing. Do you guys like the walk around the course approach to see multiple holes or the sit in one spot and see everyone come through strategy? Thinking Saturday might be a good day to walk around the course a bit and find the hot players making a move and then Sunday pick a spot in the morning on the front 9 to watch guys come through and then head to 18 towards the middle of the day to grab a decent spot to watch at 18. Any tips/recommendations?

I still think Tiger is still the man to beat! My guess is he will get his head straight once his personal life situation becomes a little more settled. If all the talk about the impending divorce is true, then I think it will be a lot sooner than later.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Westwood won last week, so no chance for him. Mickelson has to hit the ball straight. What was the pinestraw at Augusta will be water at Pebble. Tiger is much like Mickelson. He has to keep the ball in play and he has to make putts. But you could say that about anyone.

Especially when your country gets flogged 4-0 by Germany.

Haha, yeah.Thought they'd put on a better show than that, but they still have 2 games.At least the U.S. Open won't have those stupid horns going constantly, it's driving me mad.

Here are a couple of good Tournament Match-Up plays for the gamblers in the crowd...

R. Moore +135 over A. Scott

S. Cink -113 over K. Perry

Can't wait for Thursday morning.....

I will be keeping an eye on our local amatuer who made it... Scott Langley, Just won the D1 NCAA Championship and shot 66, 66 in the secitonal qualifer... I hope he makes the cut

It would be nice to see tom watson do well as well but I will be rooting for Tiger, Rory and dustin johnson

If Rory's tempo and timing is on, and he is smart enough to try to learn a little bit from Mr. Watson during the first round, I'm going with him.

Such a great course too, I'll be watching in HD for sure.

Only a matter of time until Tiger puts it together, it could be now.

This year could be different of course, but US Open's have generally been won by veterans, someone who has a ton of experience in major competitions. Not necessarily long ballers, but who have great short games and putt lights out, at least for the week. For that reason, and that alone, I don't think the young guns will do well this week. There is so much patience required, and the groove changes will really show up this week with the tall, nasty rough. Straight driving is paramount, which is why I don't think Mickelson or Woods will win.

If I were to have favorites this week, they would include Els, Harrington, Stricker, Goosen, maybe Zach Johnson and maybe even Matt Kuchar as a dark horse.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Headed down Friday night for the weekend, can't wait! Trying to figure out what the best gameplan is going to be for viewing. Do you guys like the walk around the course approach to see multiple holes or the sit in one spot and see everyone come through strategy? Thinking Saturday might be a good day to walk around the course a bit and find the hot players making a move and then Sunday pick a spot in the morning on the front 9 to watch guys come through and then head to 18 towards the middle of the day to grab a decent spot to watch at 18. Any tips/recommendations?

I've been to Bay Hill a few times and I like walking the course instaed of sitting in one spot. I love getting to see all of the holes.

Dustin Johnson is my pick, he knows how to play here (despite it being much tougher for this) and the length of a few of the holes wont be a problem, if he hits it straight he wins

Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!