IGNORED

Official US Open Thread

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 5050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dustin is going to be tough to reel in. I think that it's ironic that the longest hitter out there is in the lead on a "second shot golf course". He is playing well. Let's see if he can hold off the Tiger factor.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real test is whether Johnson can hold his nerve in the final round. 3 Strokes in front of a U.S Open... he'll be nervous as hell.

Dustin is going to be tough to reel in. I think that it's ironic that the longest hitter out there is in the lead on a "second shot golf course". He is playing well. Let's see if he can hold off the Tiger factor.

i think it's all up to tiger tomorrow. if his putting matches his shot making tomorrow, there's pretty much nothing dustin, nor any other golfer can do. but if it doesn't, i think dustin will win if he plays halfway decently.

i think it's all up to tiger tomorrow. if his putting matches his shot making tomorrow, there's pretty much nothing dustin, nor any other golfer can do. but if it doesn't, i think dustin will win if he plays halfway decently.

Senor

Don't forget Graeme. You are wrong if you think he can't win tomorrow. He might not, be he can.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Umm yeah not really, hes 34th in GIR this season so not a surprise and he's near the top or top of the GIR this week.

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 R
3 Wood: SQII 15
Hybrid: XLS 19
Irons: 3-PW Ta5
Wedges: 52* CG 10 58* Vokey SM08Putter: Rossa TP Kia Ma Monaco Ball: Pro V1/V1x, Z-Star/Z-Star x

Let's see if he can hold off the Tiger factor.

What Tiger factor? "Tigers factor" fell apart with his defeat against Yang, and the last couple of Tournaments he played didnt help him. Players arent bothered by "The Tiger" anymore as they were in the past. It will be a fair shootout tomorrow and unless the 2 guys on top make some major mistakes, they will fight it out among themselves.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

• Administrator
Tiger != Paul Goydos.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

a 3 shot lead in the final round of a U.S. Open is nothing.Even the likes of Phil, 7 shots back, has a chance.I mean, you can lose 7 shots in one hole around there.So literally anything can happen yet, and anyone can win.I just hope it's not Liger.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Your kidding, right? If Dustin plays anything like he did today, the rest will be playing for 2nd place.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

NBC's zoom-in feature really should be renamed our shoddy resize and forgive the terrible resolution and be prepared to squint while we make your HD TV look like SD "feature".

Brown and grey. The fashion powers that be have decided these are the colors of the day.

Jimmy Roberts' sweater vest - dude, that's just not working.

Miller - no more "local knowledge" and "trap draw" statements, please.

Harmon has taught or teaches Mickelson, Woods, Johnson. Does he work with Els too? Should have asked for percentage of winnings.

Johnson and McDowell helped themselves out by keeping their group together and not having to deal with Tiger Woods. NBC doesn't get Woods/Mickelson together, but gets to tout a Woods/Els pairing.

Great storylines for writers:

Woods, winning a major coming from behind.
GMac - first Euro to win in awhile.
Els - comeback. Record 13? years between wins.
Mickelson - losing the US Open monkey.
Havret - who is this guy? Anti JVdV
DJ - future of American golf
Ishikawa - first Japanese golfer to win a major

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Dustin is going to be tough to reel in. I think that it's ironic that the longest hitter out there is in the lead on a "second shot golf course".

That's because he's hitting a wedge into every green. Like they say, he's almost playing a different game sometimes.

What Tiger factor?

If he gets it going again like he did yesterday, I think you'll see.

After predicting DJ would overtake the lead on Saturday, I'm going to predict he finishes 1-under on the day and takes the win, while somebody from the "runner up" pairing (Els and Mickleson) has a solid 3-under round to finish 2nd, while Woods flashes but still shows some rust in the short game to finish around even par and take 3rd. Somebody is going to fire a 66 though...who will that be? I can tell you who it won't be...it won't be Havret Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Miller - no more "local knowledge" and "trap draw" statements, please

lol, at some point yesterday I started counting the "local knowledge" references. He must have said it nearly 75 times.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up in this thread yet: there are three players who have won a U.S. Open and a normal PGA Tour event in the same year on the same course. Jack did it. Hogan did it. Woods did it twice. Dustin Johnson has a chance to add his name to that list.

Without his cap, Gregory Havret looks like Sean Connery.

If that's Goldfinger's ball, his caddy is Arnold Palmer!

Tiger != Paul Goydos.

And here I am, always getting them confused.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have not watched Dustin Johnson much in the past, but one shot he hit was impressive for a guy with his length---the lob wedge on #7, which was by far the best shot there all day long. He hit many other great irons, but that was super. If he continues to show good composure, he may not "back up" to the field.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I have not watched Dustin Johnson much in the past, but one shot he hit was impressive for a guy with his length---the lob wedge on #7, which was by far the best shot there all day long. He hit many other great irons, but that was super. If he continues to show good composure, he may not "back up" to the field.

His shot selection (and execution) to finish birdie, birdie was impressive. Almost "effortless" power (super slow motion may say otherwise) that reminds me of a young Els or Love. I really hope to see him play a final pairing round with Tiger or Phil one day, since he appears to have nerves of steel as well.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to another serving of Johnson / McDermott - some really interesting pairing today.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Jim Herman starts off with a front nine 30 with one bogey, two eagles and two birdies.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
Live Chat at 3pm eastern (when TV coverage starts).

http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2010_us_o...ound_live_chat

We did it for The Masters and it was a hoot. Hope everyone can join and chat.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On Saturday morning I thought Woods would have to shoot two 66s to win. He got one, because some putts dropped, but you can't count on that happening two days in a row. I've seen him, twice, have a pitching wedge second shot and leave it 40 feet from the pin. He's just not sharp enough overall to be a threat today. McDowell can make it close, and Mickelson will either shoot a 65 or a 75. My impression of Johnson is that he isn't worried about anybody or anything. Whatever happens, he'll have an answer.

Note: This thread is 5050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!