IGNORED

Official US Open Thread

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On Saturday morning I thought Woods would have to shoot two 66s to win. He got one, because some putts dropped, but you can't count on that happening two days in a row. I've seen him, twice, have a pitching wedge second shot and leave it 40 feet from the pin. He's just not sharp enough overall to be a threat today. McDowell can make it close, and Mickelson will either shoot a 65 or a 75. My impression of Johnson is that he isn't worried about anybody or anything. Whatever happens, he'll have an answer.

why does he need to shoot a 66?

If dustin has a meltdown it'll be just him and Gmac

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kidding, right? If Dustin plays anything like he did today, the rest will be playing for 2nd place.

that's just it, he won't. his scoring avg. on sunday is 75. just look at the arnold palmer to see how he has a tendency to melt on the last day. some guys just aren't closers. he's not a good enough putter to be able to play it safe, shoot for the middle of the green and rely on the flat stick. he has to try and get it close, and that will be his demise.

• Administrator
that's just it, he won't. his scoring avg. on sunday is 75. just look at the arnold palmer to see how he has a tendency to melt on the last day. some guys just aren't closers. he's not a good enough putter to be able to play it safe, shoot for the middle of the green and rely on the flat stick. he has to try and get it close, and that will be his demise.

I don't know if DJ will wilt today, but he won the Clambake this year with a 74 on Sunday, I think, because Goydos (et al) DEFINITELY wilted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

els is lurking just behind the leaders.
could do something crazy!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Put a fork in DJ. He is DONE!!!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bye bye DJ. What a melt down. Wow. Triple Double and who knows with him hitting into the Water. Guy is done.

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

Senor. You called it, Dustin seems to have imploded.

Have you the lottery numbers for nest weekend?

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Is it me or is Tiger just pressing more and more on these Major Sundays? I mean lets go back a bit. The guy almost coughed up the 08 US Open to a major unknown. 09 He couldn't seal the deal against Y.E Yang when he was the leader after Friday and Saturday. Today hes in IDEAL striking position and he's shot himself out of the tourney. With all the stuff that has gone down in his life and him inching in on Jack could we finally say perhaps Tiger is pressing?

Is it me or is Tiger just pressing more and more on these Major Sundays? I mean lets go back a bit. The guy almost coughed up the 08 US Open to a major unknown. 09 He couldn't seal the deal against Y.E Yang when he was the leader after Friday and Saturday. Today hes in IDEAL striking position and he's shot himself out of the tourney. With all the stuff that has gone down in his life and him inching in on Jack could we finally say perhaps Tiger is pressing?

I wouldn't say he's out.

I'd be surprised if he didn't make a charge.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

I wouldn't say he's out.

If he was playing Even par id say he'd probably win this thing but hes not playing the same from yesterday. Dug himself into a hole.

If he was playing Even par id say he'd probably win this thing but hes not playing the same from yesterday. Dug himself into a hole.

never say never.

Cmon Tiger!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

never say never.

Thought you'd be gunning for McDowell? He has been in pretty good form lately, won the Wales Open a few weeks ago so he is my pick.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

I see your point but is 5 shots back "IDEAL striking position" ?

Going to wonder will this round affect Johnson for the rest of his career? Its like Boxing.....once you get knocked out bad once your never the same fighter......... Go ask Roy Jones Jr.

Thought you'd be gunning for McDowell? He has been in pretty good form lately, won the Wales Open a few weeks ago so he is my pick.

going for both of them.

But tiger would be more of a story. -9 for the back nine, you can always hope!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

I see your point but is 5 shots back "IDEAL striking position" ?

If he was shooting Par right now wouldnt he be?

At a US Open 3-5 strokes is not a lot. Specially on a Sunday.

that's just it, he won't. his scoring avg. on sunday is 75.

How much would Dustin have given to have carded a 75 today?

I thought he'd be able to put the brakes on his runaway train after the 6th or 7th hole all he could do was slow the train down a little. smh...

Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!