IGNORED

Official US Open Thread

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger or Zach Johnson

505 yard par 4?.....shiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Tiger or Phil will walk away with the win. Golf fans have been dreaming of it for ages, but this really might be the week we see the two go head-to-head. Tiger won't have to hit driver much, and it's pretty clear his game was starting to come around at Muirfield Village a couple weeks ago. I don't really care for the guy, but he won by 15 here in 2000. That counts for something. As for Lefty, he always seems to be in the hunt at the U.S. Open, and this week will be no different. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Tiger.

Three others I like are Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, and Ryan Moore. Johnson has won this year and is starting to round into form. He was a perfect fit for Colonial, and he is a pretty darn good fit at Pebble. Mahan has also won this year, and he proved he can grind with the best of em' at last year's U.S. Open. He is a very good ball striker, but I'm not sure his putting will hold up to win a major right now. Moore has been up-and-down this year, but he is coming off a tie for fifth at Memorial. He is seventh in driving accuracy, and he is in the top 40 in greens in regulation percentage and putting. He has a pretty solid history in majors (T14 at 2010 Masters).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm excited for this years US Open, since I'll get to watch all four rounds. I really think that Zach Johnson will do well this year. I just hope that he can keep it together throughout the weekend. I also like David Duval, Ben Crane, and Lee Westwood to play well. Just like some previous posts, I think Tiger and Phil have a great chance, but I just can't seen either of them standing on Sunday with the trophy. Yes, it may appear that I'm bias towards ZJ because I'm from Iowa and he's my favorite golfer, but I just think the course suits his game management, accuracy, and wedge play.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I think Padraig will start off really good but he'll have 1 blow-up hole like he always does.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Anyone else think Notah Begay brings a big bag of nothing to the commentary table on the golf Channel? I remember he came on the scene when all of Tiger's issues were breaking. Did they purposely bring him in for Tiger insider info and now they're just stuck with him? Am I the only one?
In my Hoofer:

G15 Driver 9° | Accra Classic SE stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 3W 15° | Accra Classic SE stiff
MP-57 3-PW | Rifle flighted shafts 6.0 Spin Milled 52-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Spin Milled 56-08 |Black Nickel | True Temper Dynamic Gold Black Series I#9 putter Pro V1x

Anyone else think Notah Begay brings a big bag of nothing to the commentary table on the golf Channel? I remember he came on the scene when all of Tiger's issues were breaking. Did they purposely bring him in for Tiger insider info and now they're just stuck with him? Am I the only one?

I think most of their pro commentators bring little to the table.

IMO Tiger is not quite there yet to be winning like that. I would be suprised if he won the US open this week, I think we will be able to tell when he is at that level to be dominating again, and right now it is obvious hes not there.

He can hit a lot of 3 woods on Pebble, if he avoid the sprayed tee shots, he can definitely be dangerous. His irons are getting better each tournament.

Here is my schedule for the weekend:

US Open schedule thu/fri: 7PM to 4AM
US Open schedule sat: 10PM to 5AM
US Open schedule sun: 9PM to 3AM

I'm at work 7AM to 7PM all days, not much sleep I'm afraid. On top of that, I'll have to rely on finding a working online stream that is not blocked on my companies network.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Here are my predictions:

Players which will feature in the top 5:
Westwood
Dustin Johnson
Karlson
Justin Rose...oh no wait...
Woods
Hunter Mahan
And Phil I think will just about make the cut.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I think I like Sean O'Hair this week as a dark horse pick. Dustin Johnson also but I think O'Hair is ready to break through. Mahan's in a good mental place too imo.

My bag:

Driver: Ping G-10 (s flex, 10.5*)
woods: Callaway Hawkeye 3 and 5
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 21*Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus Wedges: Taylor Made TP satin 52* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Wide Open.

Just looked through the tee times, the list of names is staggering. Watson, Garcia, Duval, Cink, Love, Johnson(s), Cabrera, Harrington, Els, Jimenez, Villegas, Perry, Poulter, Slocum, Yang,...

Gonna be an awesome Father's Day long weekend.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

YE Yang couldn't have imagined a worse 1st three hole start. 2 bogeys and a par with misses on the green, off the tee, and on the approach thus far. Hopefully he cleans it up soon.

Not a great start for Phil....hitting it pretty darn well, but just can't convert a good look....yet.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!