IGNORED

Official US Open Thread

michaeljames92
Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Remember, Rolfing's innocuous question was, "Tiger, what will you take home from this week?" I can't see how that's "an awfully stupid question."

He was asked what positives he could take from this round, not week. Here is the video to the interview. I don't think it was petulant at all. He was clearly disappointed, which he should be.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...16791#37816791

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 US Open | Pebble Beach Golf Links | June 17-20
Yes, Tiger is a mystery to me as well. Before the scandal broke, I cut him a bunch of slack because quite frankly if he felt that in order to take on the record he needed to have this closed off persona that never answers questions then so be it. I'd rather have an ******* Tiger who's contenting and winning majors than a nice guy version who is finishing T8. That said, since the scandal broke he's claimed that he wants to try and be more friendly and engaging, but save for a single press conference at Augusta that hasn't happened by all accounts. So what is the real deal? Is it possible he's struggling to find the mindset he needs to get past the scandal and get back to the business of taking down the record? I suppose that's possible. Or is it that the things going on in his family life are that distracting to him? That's easily possible too. Regardless of how he may or may not feel about his wife, you have to know he cares about his kids quite sincerely - is it possible that stuff is tearing him apart inside? I for one believe that something is, because in none of the tournaments I've seen so far this year has he looked anywhere close to the player he did before all this happened.

Personally, I think a bunch of changes are in order. He's parted with Hank Haney, so maybe getting with someone new like Sean Foley (who's widely rumored to be the next coach) will be the ticket. New feeling, new approach, new eyes on his swing. Who knows, maybe he also needs a change in caddies, or even agents or something. I know that if it was me, all of those things would help - a lot. Steve Williams is great, and fiercely loyal no question, but the bottom line is that Tiger needs to rediscover a winning formula and soon, because that record is looking farther away than ever if you ask me.

Of course he'll probably win the British by like 40 shots now, but somehow I don't think so.

My bag:

Driver: Ping G-10 (s flex, 10.5*)
woods: Callaway Hawkeye 3 and 5
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 21*Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus Wedges: Taylor Made TP satin 52* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

why do people even care if he speaks or not, would it make any difference to anybody if he would say 'i just didnt get anything out of my game today'? no it wouldnt so why is this such a big deal

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!