IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

back and through is all i've heard

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Originally Posted by bkoguy07

Me too. And hat's what I tell high handicappers/beginners that ask me for advice, lol>

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttexas View Post

You saw some instruction? Dang, it must have been while I was blinking...

Yeh, not much.  So far, the only instruction I've seen Hank give Rush sounds like a broken record.  "you need to flatten out your swing and get the back of your left hand facing the target at impact"

Yeah he does need to get on plane and less steep. Also, the swing is way too contrived. Haney needs to show him how to use his pivot instead of his hands.

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkoguy07

Me too. And hat's what I tell high handicappers/beginners that ask me for advice, lol>

lol they probably are like what the hell does that even mean hahah classic.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Originally Posted by Vladimir Puttin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Will NOT watch this... Rush is a blowhard and an raving lunatic!

Same here.  I can't stand this DB.

Does anyone really give a hoot about what you haters aren't going to do in your spare time? Wow, thanks for your valuable insight! I'm think I'm not going to Taco Bell today because I hate their food.

'09 R9
'09 R9 3 wood 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3-4 hybrids
'10 AP1 710 5-GW
Vokey SM 54*/11 Vokey SM 58*/4 Barbados putter C-130

I'm not watching the show for tips.  That's ridiculous.  I'm watching because I'm a fan of the game and a fan of Rush.  I want to see how he reacts to his game.  I think that is a big part of golf; observing how folks, myself included, react to the game.

Originally Posted by kevink2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir Puttin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Will NOT watch this... Rush is a blowhard and an raving lunatic!

Same here.  I can't stand this DB.

Does anyone really give a hoot about what you haters aren't going to do in your spare time? Wow, thanks for your valuable insight! I'm think I'm not going to Taco Bell today because I hate their food.

Way to go ditto-head.  That would be totally appropriate if the topic were 'TACO BELL I HATE THEE!'.  But it's not, it's about Rush Limbaugh and the Haney Project.  It must be hell having Tourette's and blurting out random impertinent comments.  But now that I think about it, that makes you the perfect Rush fan.

Way to go ditto-head.  That would be totally appropriate if the topic were 'TACO BELL I HATE THEE!'.  But it's not, it's about Rush Limbaugh and the Haney Project.  It must be hell having Tourette's and blurting out random impertinent comments.  But now that I think about it, that makes you the perfect Rush fan.

And exhibiting such immaturity makes you the perfect member of . Stereotypes usually don't hold up well because you're likely to just hate those who disagree with you. I don't pay any attention to Limbaugh, but my guess is that you don't want to look like what you accuse him of. If all you take away from that is "He's ultra-conservative and likes Limbaugh", you're not only wrong, but you missed the point.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I want to reitereate that I like this version of the Project better than either of the previous 2.  I thought Ray was a total tool!  Rush appears to want to get better, and is taking it more seriously than Charles or Ray.

I'm not a Rush fan, but I might be now.  His personality is much more likeable than that idiot Ray Romano!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

The Haney Project is devolving as it goes along. Hank is expert at doing this (see: Tiger Woods, golf swing).

Rush is an absolutely irredeemable d*ckbag. There is no golf instruction going on in the show. I just keep waiting for the two guys to do a Loser Sandwich on Hank's chick...who looks hot for 20 seconds until you realize she is disturbingly male in appearance. That would be good. Rush and Hank crossing 4 irons while Hank's girlfriend looks like a vapid transsexual and leaks various fluids on the floor.

Haney is a quack, which falls right in line with TGC's taste in instructors lately (see Breed, Martin Hall, both kooks) and Rush is a moron. They're perfect for each other. But, I don't want to see them play golf. I want to see them go to a fast food joint, volunteer to visit kids at a local library, argue with each other while drunk and wearing bikinis, and other typical activities associated with celebutards. Put the show on VH1 where it belongs.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

So far I still like the Barkley version the best. Not only was that one actually a challenge , but Barkley had a really good work ethic. He was constantly shown putting time in at the gym, and at one point he did a "Tiger Day." Imagine what Rush would say if Haney explained to him what a Tiger Day was.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I watched this weeks show today and they had a section on hanks wife again and she was doing a photo shoot for a golf magazine. it appears she is a model of some sort, and I'm thinking 2 possible reasons for her being there. Hank insisted, possible exposure for her, or between rushs schedule and hanks there is not enough time to fill each segment so enter hanks wife as a filler. anyway I find the segments with her and hank together really boring and totally off subject. I did like the hit the board miss the tee segment, so my question is does this help a new golfer?

Originally Posted by sportsnut

I did like the hit the board miss the tee segment, so my question is does this help a new golfer?

Martin Hall does this drill too, but he explains it better than Hank does.

The part where he uses the board drill is at around the 5:30 mark of part one if you want to skip right to it. I do suggest watching the whole thing though.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

In response to sportsnut, I have a feeling in Hank's agreement for the show it was to give some exposure to his wife's modeling career. In listening to Rush's radio show he has shot over 70 hours worth of golf instruction footage but it is up to the editors what is shown. I agree, what does it have to do with golf instruction. But, it is Hanks show.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Leftee

In response to sportsnut, I have a feeling in Hank's agreement for the show it was to give some exposure to his wife's modeling career. In listening to Rush's radio show he has shot over 70 hours worth of golf instruction footage but it is up to the editors what is shown. I agree, what does it have to do with golf instruction. But, it is Hanks show.

I wonder if Hank thinks that he'd be giving away "trade secrets" if he shows too much instruction.

That, or he's heard the snickers, and has decided not to give people ammo this time around.

Perhaps.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

JetFan, thanks for posting the videos, need to make one of those boards for sure.

LeftTee,

if the info on Rush shooting 70 hours is correct, then it appears you are right, its all about the chick..............................

I guess the third installment came around - saw part of it while working. It seems the way it has progressed is that Rush is egotistical, arrogant, loud, and defensive whereas Haney knows what is wrong but is not a good instructor. You hear Haney say something and I think, "That's not gonna help the guy." Haney says "Don't do this" and believes the student will perform a correct swing by simply not doing it and making two turns.... Was anyone else thinking, maybe the student isn't getting on the front foot?" You can say don't do this or that, but after  5-6 swings, you should be able to analyze why it's not working for the student and give the student assistance -- a feeling, a method, ie, instruction....

If you're thinking, "They can't possibly be showing what Haney teaches", there is a pattern here. If you watched parts of Barkley, Romano, and Rush, the type of instruction is the same -- it's not helpful.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 4321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!