IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll definitely watch. I'm easily amused by anything golf related on television. I enjoy watching 20+ handicaps play just as much as touring pros. Plus, hearing Haney yell "square your hand up at the bottom!" over and over and then watching his student mega-cast a deflected slice OB never gets old for me.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll probably make an effort to watch it. Barkley was annoying because, although I like the guy as a basketball player in my youth, his swing is so weird and contorted that there was nothing I could empathize about. Everything he did I did differently. I only watched an episode or two, but nothing about it seemed relateable. With Limbaugh, Haney will be working with an experienced golfer who has the ability to break 90 consistently, and 80 more than once. That's someone who can get advice that I can translate to my game in some way. He's better than I am, but he's at a level I'm still aspiring to and what applies to him I can probably learn from as well. If you are too far above or below someone else's skill level, it's hard for a lot of the advice that helps them to translate to yourself. Not all of it, but a lot of it. In short, I'm only interested in watching a golfer develop and fine tune his game in a way that has some loose connection with what I can do, I don't care about the personal aspect. [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/forum/thread/36789/the-haney-project-rush-limbaugh/90#post_562485"]

I'll definitely watch. I'm easily amused by anything golf related on television. I enjoy watching 20+ handicaps play just as much as touring pros. Plus, hearing Haney yell "square your hand up at the bottom!" over and over and then watching his student mega-cast a deflected slice OB never gets old for me.

[/quote] Last I heard, Limbaugh is [url=http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-forum/rush-is-a-137-186074/?go=1&dz;=4F622975-5CBF-4FC9-B12D-FD22A1219072]about a 13-14 handicap[/url]. My guess is that he'll be fairly competent around the course.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by B-Con

Last I heard, Limbaugh is about a 13-14 handicap. My guess is that he'll be fairly competent around the course.

Ahhh. Thanks for the link. On the commercial they make him look like a 30 handicap. Ahh, the power of editing.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Quote:

Last I heard, Limbaugh is about a 13-14 handicap. My guess is that he'll be fairly competent around the course.

Ahhh. Thanks for the link. On the commercial they make him look like a 30 handicap. Ahh, the power of editing.

No, they don't.  People just don't realize how bad a 13-14 handicap looks on video.  I'm a 6, and I look like an absolute hacker compared to a tour pro.  We all like to think we look better than we do, but we don't.

Originally Posted by Shanks A Million

Quote:

Quote:

No, they don't.  People just don't realize how bad a 13-14 handicap looks on video.  I'm a 6, and I look like an absolute hacker compared to a tour pro.  We all like to think we look better than we do, but we don't.

While I agree with that bold part, I disagree that they don't make him look bad on the commercial. And many of us here are well aware of how bad our swings look, trust me. Just read around.

Constantine

The promos make him look like he is going to be a complainer. But the promos are just a small clip out of context to grab us. I am in.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Looking at his GHIN profile, it looks like he likes to mix it up when he plays. He plays a lot of easy courses, very similar to the slope and rating I'm used to, but also plays plays some tough ones as well.

When are they going to get a Haney Project All-stars Challenge going? I heard Charles mention this during Haney's Golf Channel lesson. They could do a 4 episode mini-series between Barkley, Rush, and Ray in like a bootleg Big Break format.

My money is already on Rush since he's broken 80 a few times. But I'm rooting for Barkley of course. He says he changed to lefty this year.

Constantine

He says he changed to lefty this year.

Looks like he plays lefty only with the long clubs.  Can't recall which tourney I watched this year, but he drove lefty but played most other shots righty.  It didn't seem to help him tremendously...

I'm looking forward to it.  While I don't listen to him every day, I do listen on occasion and like his show.  My wife is a big fan and is looking forward to it more than I am.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Originally Posted by dunstert

Quote:

He says he changed to lefty this year.

Looks like he plays lefty only with the long clubs.  Can't recall which tourney I watched this year, but he drove lefty but played most other shots righty.  It didn't seem to help him tremendously...

Barkley played lefty on an episode of Shaq Vs.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Aint that the truth.  Very humbling, video is.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

For the record Barkley used to break 80 and once was a single digit capper, before he fell apart.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I know I hit some poor shots at times but wow I would pay to watch him complete 18 holes under 90. This is going to be hilarious

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

As it says in Zen Golf, it is difficult to put anything into a cup that is full.  I wish Hank luck but Rush already knows everything so I doubt much will be accomplished.

Butch

Originally Posted by Crey23

This is by far a more politically loaded thread I have ever read in golf forums...Clearly it lost sight of the OP's intention...I don't intend to bring it back to golf either....

Listen, because you disagree with the political view of a person does not make hie/her a racist. If that were the case, I would then have to feel personally singled out everytime a "brother" tells me I can't jump at the b-ball court, or I can't dance....bottom line I can't do either, but I don't feel offended by the comment...it's called a little bit of humor and tough skin.

Regarding Donovan...He has not won the big game and that is the bottom line...would people still say that John Elway was the greatest QB had he not won towards the end of his career...let's talk Dan Marino...Best QB stats wise, but never won the big one!!!! McNabb is a great QB, but certainly not the best. His story reminds me of a movie...the great white hype or something of the other. Rush was certainly not off base, when stating that McNabb was media created phenom bcs he was the first black QB with a chance to win the super bowl.

With that said....and I am going to ruffle some feathers here....and be nice!!!! Our President Obama, rallied in the polls and in the media mainly bcs of the potential historic moment in our country's history more than by his substance and content. Believe that if McCain sat in a church where the pastor was a member of the KKK, he would have been crucified by the media, and would have been ostracized from politics. Here we have President that sits in the Pews of Rev. Wright fro over 20 yrs, and the people are not offended by this, nor by the then candidate when stating that he had never hear that rhetoric from wright...please!!!! But most Americans turned the other way, the media did not even challenge him on this while campaigning, and it just got swept under the rug.

Let's not be dumb enough to think that Rush is any more racist than the average joe, simply bcs he questioned the ability of McNabb...come on people use your head to analyze what is happening instead of just accepting what the left wing media or right wing nut jobs are saying and formulate your own opinions on the matter. We as a society need to be able to think for ourselves, listen to all points of view (whether you agree with them or not) and make our own decision..stop believing the hype (or agenda) that everyone is pushing this days...THINK RESPONSIBLY!!!

Phew...rant over!

This post alone urged me to sign up for this site immediately rather than wait until later. I have a few issues with this post, but the fact that you think Donovan McNabb was the first black quarterback to have a chance at winning the Super Bowl puts into question either your knowledge of the issue on which you're speaking or your knowledge of sports history. Doug Williams won the Super Bowl XXII with the Washington Redskins to break that barrier long ago. And he is obviously  a "brother" as you so eloquently described black guys early in your post.

And you could have just said black guy instead of "brother." But I guess being just a tad racially insensitive is the best antidote for racial hypersensitivity.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, but I'm going to watch the show. I think he'll cause just enough of a stir with his comments to get the attention GC wants, but he likely won't go overboard. And if he had during taping I'm sure it's been long since edited. He is a performer at heart, and he'll put on a show. He just so happens to be working with someone whose ego is as large as his, and who is an expert in a field Limbaugh has not mastered. There should be some interesting exchanges throught out the show.

Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!