IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Will NOT watch this... Rush is a blowhard and an raving lunatic!

I agree and will also not watch this...  I was looking fwd to another series with Hank but not with this guy.

I mean I thought it was entertaining and no I'm not familiar with ALOT of the stuff he says.  I am a conservative but here's the deal, I watch the golf channel and sports and what ever else I watch because I'm interested in it.  Not based on their political affiliations.  If that were the case I wouldn't watch alot of shows.  BUT... with that being said, rush is surprisingly humble and has brought no politics into this show.  It's actually pretty entertaining.  You people should be a lil more open minded because if say a radical left-wing politician or talk show host were to be on the show, I would still be open to viewing it just because I'm genuinly interested in the game of golf.  Plus I think hank haney is pretty funny

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I'm equally intrigued and prepared to be disappointed by the show.  Intrigued because Rush does seem genuinely interested in improving his game and gave me the impression that that he's willing to take instruction.  Prepared to be disappointed because the short comings of previous seasons where an overall lack of "technicality" in regards to fixing the respective student's flaws and an over abundance of incidental interaction between Hank and his student.  It's obvious that the producers of the show feel that the show is better without being muddied down with actual instruction, but rather with the more "human" side of golf instruction.  I agree with the earlier poster that this show is far more like "typical" golf instruction than the producers and Haney imagine.  Maybe Rush will be shrewed enough to glean something from Haney to improve his game?  Lord knows it won't be easy...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I'm independent and left leaning. There's things the right says I agree with (when their not being overtly snobby and classist), and things the left says that I agree with.

Having said that, I'm black, love golf and I am really getting into the game. I tune in to GC everyday. I however will not watch this show. It won't be a change because I didn't watch the other seasons. But seeing Rush's mug on my TV screen, even during commercials pisses me off. All the Rush defenders can get mad about it, but for me, he is the same as Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and all the other right racists on FNC.

He has said things over the years that would get any normal person black balled from the industry, but since he has a following of closet racists tuning in everyday. He stays on the air. I've seen comments in this thread that make me shake my head and re-think my decision to join this site.

I hope this talk isn't typical of what goes on here, because I will be very disappointed if it is.

Nike SQ Machspeed STR8 FIT Driver

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Originally Posted by El-Boogie1975

I'm independent and left leaning. There's things the right says I agree with (when their not being overtly snobby and classist), and things the left says that I agree with.

Having said that, I'm black, love golf and I am really getting into the game. I tune in to GC everyday. I however will not watch this show.

He has said things over the years that would get any normal person black balled from the industry, but since he has a following of closet racists tuning in everyday. He stays on the air. I've seen comments in this thread that make me shake my head and re-think my decision to join this site.

I hope this talk isn't typical of what goes on here, because I will be very disappointed if it is.

Remember, golfers are typically a conservative group.

I'd add more, and it might comfort you. But it would rouse others. Let's just say, it's best to stick to golf. One can say something apolitical like "I don't like the way the guy makes his money" and leave it at that. It would be the same for any other individual who uses similar tactics at the other end of the spectrum.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having said that, I'm black, love golf and I am really getting into the game. I tune in to GC everyday. I however will not watch this show. It won't be a change because I didn't watch the other seasons. But seeing Rush's mug on my TV screen, even during commercials pisses me off. All the Rush defenders can get mad about it, but for me, he is the same as Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and all the other right racists on FNC.

I like everyone else has their opinions but I like this site because it's about golf. I am not going to get trapped into the mindset of shooting everything in my life and outside of it through an ideological prism. That's one sure fire way to get "pissed off" as you put it. You and I politically may be different but I can guarantee that you and I can sit down over a beer and talk about golf for hours. And that my friend is why we are here. So do what you have to do but consider the only thing that matters on a website such as this is our passion for this game, not some political ideology. There are a million other sites for that. And besides, when you are staring down a 6 footer for par are you thinking about Rush?!? I'll bet not and neither is anyone else. My $.02.

• Upvote 1

If you are referring to your own post, then I would say that it isn't typical.  Thankfully.

But seeing Rush's mug on my TV screen, even during commercials pisses me off. All the Rush defenders can get mad about it, but for me, he is the same as Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and all the other right racists on FNC.

Not trying to be ugly, but you must spend a lot of time being pissed off about stuff.  Stuff that if you were to ask me is about as important as belly button lint.  Actually belly button lint concerns me more than 95% of the stuff I see in the "media" today.  Notice I didn't say main stream media, or left wing media, or conservative media.  To me it's all the "media".  You see at the end of the day all those folks who work in the media sit back and relish the fact that we the "masses" get so worked up about what they the "media" have to say.  It makes them believe they actually create the reality that we all live and acknowledge when we purchase what they provide and get happy or pissed because they pointed it out to us.  If you really want to bug those media types the best way you can do that is to ignore them, and not give them the satisfaction of considering what they have to say to be relavent to anything beyond belly button lint.

• Upvote 1

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I am also a black man and I happen to like Rush, and anyone else I hear say things I can verify as true. Hopefully El won't get a headache from shaking his head so much when he reads this. But I believe you judge people by what they do and you have to go verify that, it takes work. You can't depend on others to do it for you, never listening to someone but hating what they say as reported by someone else is not a wise life strategy.  Finally if you are disappointed by finding out there are other opinions besides the one you like, you are speaking volumes about yourself.

• Upvote 2

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Originally Posted by Chief Broom

Quote:

But seeing Rush's mug on my TV screen, even during commercials pisses me off. All the Rush defenders can get mad about it, but for me, he is the same as Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and all the other right racists on FNC.

Not trying to be ugly, but you must spend a lot of time being pissed off about stuff.  Stuff that if you were to ask me is about as important as belly button lint.  Actually belly button lint concerns me more than 95% of the stuff I see in the "media" today.  Notice I didn't say main stream media, or left wing media, or conservative media.  To me it's all the "media".  You see at the end of the day all those folks who work in the media sit back and relish the fact that we the "masses" get so worked up about what they the "media" have to say.  It makes them believe they actually create the reality that we all live and acknowledge when we purchase what they provide and get happy or pissed because they pointed it out to us.  If you really want to bug those media types the best way you can do that is to ignore them, and not give them the satisfaction of considering what they have to say to be relavent to anything beyond belly button lint.

I don't know -- as part of my job, I see clients in their home, older clients, 55-80, and they always have one news channel playing on the tube -- the conservative one -- and from asking questions, they get their news and their views from this one channel. I'm sure it's the same from viewers who turn on the more liberal channel. I ask them simple black-white, factual questions and I get surprising answers, ones that frighten because of the dismissing of facts (fwiw, I tend to look at facts due to my job).

The point is ... many people take their media seriously , whether it's Limbaugh, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, or Olbermann (trying to be balanced here) and their views are molded by their one source -- most tend not to think about whether their news source may be trying to influence them one way or the other. It's sort of the "dumbing down" of the USA. Many people do not think -- they absorb.

When one doesn't filter what they're hearing or seeing, they become clones of their media sources -- nonthinking dittoheads, so to speak (either from the left or right - trying to maintain balance here).

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

Guys, as you know, and as a few of you have already said, this is a golf site, and because this thread lives in the "Golf Talk" forum it will remain that way.

Political conversations - the few we have, for good reason - are for the Grill Room or the Locker Room threads.

This thread is about how sucky some fat dude is as a golfer and how lousy his skinny instructor is at getting him to improve. Nothing more.

Political comments below this line will be removed, ok? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I watched the first episode with an open mind and really enjoyed it.  Rush seems to really want to learn and has a lot of thoughts in his head, like most amatuers do.  As long as the show keeps the amount of non-golf comments/comments that do not add to the show (such as the Oprah one) to a minimum I think I will enjoy the rest of the season.  As others said, I just want to see some instruction and what works for Rush.  I like Haney's approach with the thoughts (something along the lines of "if he can replace his 14 with 2 or 3 of mine, he will be a better player").  I find that when I concentrate on one part of the big picture it really helps.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who might have been offended by my post today. I realize this is a world wide forum and political discussions while appropriate in some settings are not necessary here. I took the bait in a moment of weakness.

• Upvote 1

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Originally Posted by iacas

Guys, as you know, and as a few of you have already said, this is a golf site, and because this thread lives in the "Golf Talk" forum it will remain that way.

Political conversations - the few we have, for good reason - are for the Grill Room or the Locker Room threads.

This thread is about how sucky some fat dude is as a golfer and how lousy his skinny instructor is at getting him to improve.  Nothing more.

Political comments below this line will be removed, ok? :-)

Damn and i was working a on a very funny post...you just wasted 5 of my best thoughts for the day!!

other random thoughts are - rush should make for some good TV here and there due to his wittyness, Hank wife is hot but if are gonna do a female version of the show we could do better (that could be an idea for next person), i would expect course management to be a larger part of the show, all of the golf on TV right now is killing me i may need to book a florida weekend for feb!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Chief Broom Stuff that if you were to ask me is about as important as belly button lint.  Actually belly button lint concerns me more than 95% of the stuff I see in the "media" today.

Funniest thing I've read in this thread so far!

To me, this series is the best so far.  I couldn't stand to listen to Romano constantly whine.  Barkley was pretty amusing though.  "I hit an Oprah", that one had me rolling!!

I actually met Rush once in the early 90's.  There was an event here in town that was spawned by a caller to his show regarding his newsletter that he couldn't afford, or something like that.  "Dan's Bake Sale".  I worked security for the event that day.  He was actually pleasant and very funny.

Hey, guys, thanks for your input. I'm sorry to take it away from Golf, so I will get it back to that.

In the preview I saw, he asked Hank what are they going to the driving range for?

I was thinking to myself, WOW, really?

• Upvote 1

Nike SQ Machspeed STR8 FIT Driver

Nike Ignite irons 3H-PW

Nike OZ Putter

Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!