IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

Haney isn't really teaching and Limbaugh isn't really learning.

I have a bad feeling you'll be correct. Still going to watch it though.

Well, despite enjoying the libs having their panties all wadded up, I can't wait for the show to start next week. I have not looked forward to a new season of a show since 24's last season.

David

I'm a conservative, but I don't like extremist. I will not watch.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I thought the show was interesting enough to watch next week's episode. I so-so enjoyed Barkley and got bored with Romano so I don't have high expectations for the show. I'm no big Rush fan but I'll be pleasantly surprised to enjoy this show. A few observations:

1. Rush seemed genuinely interested in learning and getting better.

2. He mentioned that he'd tell Hank he's an 18 but in reality he's probably a 28.

3. I think Hank was right on the money when he said Rush doesn't have much confidence in himself on the course. Which of course Rush tries to cover by being, well, Rush. He didn't seem to have any qualms about admitting his shortcomings as it relates to golf though.

I found the show to be pretty entertaining with his smart ass...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

I don't like the guy, but he's the best student so far for Haney. I just can't stand the fact that TGC only included about 5 minutes of actual Hank-Rush time. The rest was all previews and interviews and stuff.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also don't like the fact that they are going to show Hank teaching his wife.  Don't get me wrong, she's easy to watch, but I could care less about him trying to teach his wife to play better.  I am going to watch this show as long as the shows don't follow the same lay out as the first one.  More substance, less preview.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Originally Posted by Dave H

...A few observations:

1. Rush seemed genuinely interested in learning and getting better.

2. He mentioned that he'd tell Hank he's an 18 but in reality he's probably a 28.

3. I think Hank was right on the money when he said Rush doesn't have much confidence in himself on the course. Which of course Rush tries to cover by being, well, Rush. He didn't seem to have any qualms about admitting his shortcomings as it relates to golf though.

I think you hit it right on the nose here.  I enjoyed the show and will keep watching it.  Rush was unexpectedly humble - and actually seems to be a better golfer than the preview clips made him out to be.  It won't be as funny as watching Charles Barkley's spastic, contorted swing, but it looks like it may be an enjoyable season to watch.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

It is tough to watch the show. On one hand, it will be the most entertaining. Limbaugh is one of the those guys where, if you're smart, you roll your eyes and not take in anything he says. And he says a lot of words in an entertaining manner.

On the other hand, his fans seem to take him seriously, he thinks he is a great American, a great listener, etc., and knows he is influential. And to put it as nicely as possible,he makes his money by dividing people in a questionable manner and using the type of rhetoric that dehumanizes people he opposes.

At the same time, you want to give the guy a fair shake and separate what he does from who he is as a golfer.

I'm sure some will enjoy the show. I can't support watching this guy. On the other hand, Hank's wife is easy on the eyes. I wonder if they brought her in to soften up the show to keep viewers who don't appreciate Limbaugh --- viewing.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Rush is a lot better than what the previews make him out to be.  All he needs is some upper/lower body connection and some short game instruction and could easily be teens.  I didn't know if that was Haney's wife or his daughter.  Either way, she will soften up the show especially in the paddle surfing bikini she will be sporting.  I am not sure why she is on the show other than the obvious reason.

The course they were on last night is Emerald Dunes in West Palm Beach and just a few miles from me.  I used to play there when they opened, had my wedding reception there, and it is now very high end.  It is a sweet track, no question.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by Dave H

His GHIN number suggests otherwise. So is he a 13, 18, or 28?

Picture 1.png

Plus, I love it when Rush hit a bad shot, immediately turned to Haney, and said "OK, what did I do there?" And Haney just blankly stared at him silently, with a wry smile, saying absolutely nothing. No answer. Conventional golf instruction in a nut shell!

I'm sure Rush would love to know what the ballflight laws are. Doesn't look like Haney cares to share those, if he even knows them himself.

Constantine

Jet Fan, I strongly question those scores.  There's twenty rounds over two years with a total of only two scores submitted below 85.  The two scores below 85 are in the 70s, with one score being a 77!

Rush is entertaining in small doses.  His pompous grandstanding for the camera will get tiresome quickly.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

RAll he needs is some upper/lower body connection and some short game instruction and could easily be teens.

From my (poor) experience with Haney instructors, they are more arm swing driven, and connection is not something they discuss. When I saw Limbaugh's swing, I thought - "arms", he needs more lower body - and Haney types are normally not the ones to fix that issue. Someone, somewhere, mentioned Limbaugh has a tough time getting of his "right" side -- (didn't look closely) not surprising.

Hank is great at knowing what's wrong -- but solving issues? I don't see Haney using anything but "old" solutions and don't think anyone here will be too impressed. But we'll see. That's why they play the game, or in this game, produce the show.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Quote:

Either Rush doesn't play very often (2 1/2 years and only 20 rounds) or he doesn't record all of his rounds (a ego handicap?).  If this is real he doesn't need an instructor.  Anyone that can score this well on what are difficult courses and play less than once a month and from his own mouth (I don't ever practice and I don't warm up before a game) just needs to play more and practice some.  Having said that it is clear he has some ability.  It will be an interesting series.

Butch

Originally Posted by uttexas

Jet Fan, I strongly question those scores.  There's twenty rounds over two years with a total of only two scores submitted below 85.  The two scores below 85 are in the 70s, with one score being a 77!

No, you're right. They're pretty questionable.

Here's the rest of his profile, which includes rounds from Naples National, Pine Tree, and the Dye Preserve Golf Club.

Picture 2.png

No rounds in the three digits shocks me, given his index.

Constantine

Ok, looking at the list I am getting course envy.   The Everglades club is a small track on the Island of Palm Beach...very exclusive.  Pine Tree is in South County and is stellar.  The Dye Preserve is in Jupiter used to be a more semi-private club that was the club that I wanted to be at (eg serious golf without the entire country club mentality of tennis, social, pool, etc).  It went exclusive a few years back and a friend of mine is now the superintendant there.  I would ask to play but because of the big money, there would be too many restrictions.

Looking at the GHIN, he has posted some nice scores on the big boy courses...71.9/134 usually means you have the opportunity to hit most of the clubs in your bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I am Canada, I though I am sure I cold find Rush on the radio if I wanted to, I have don't really have much reason to listen to his show given the focus. As such I don't have any direct knowledge of the guy, but I don know his reputation. So for me the show is just about Hank working with student. Rush reminds me of allot of guys around my golf club, they have done well in life have plenty of confidence in life, but can get golf figured out. He seems like he will be a student, and Hank seems to have 'light' goal this time of just making him better - five strokes better. This kind of goal will work better then Ramono show as trying to shoot a number ads all kind of pressure you don't need when making swing changes.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!