IGNORED

Tiger's Back

saevel25
Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think he is back. I didn't predict he'll win today.

Look.

All he said was 1 round doesn't mean he's back. It shows he has the potential to be back. No need to start a bitch fight over that lol. I was always a tiger supporter. I love to watch him when he's playing good, hopefully he can make some magic today.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were the guy who said that Woods didn't have a round in him to get into contention.

I always was a Tiger fan, but for some reason i dont enjoy watching him so much anymore - and that started way before his "car crash" - his game since 2009 became boring and conservative (apart from his disgusting on course behaviour) for me, not really what i want to watch. Nowadays its far more intresting to watch Phil.

At least Tiger grew some balls on the 18th and went for it instead of laying up .... That might be some progress, but i´m still a firm beliver that the times where he was a dominant force as he has been in the past are over, that doesnt mean he wont win anymore, of course he will.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I drink the Tiger "cool aid" as much as anyone. That being said, 9 holes means squat. If he wins we should start to believe. He deffinalty needs to play more like 18, and go for it. That was always his game, hitting shots that noone esle could hit. I would love to see him win, but unless Johnson and/or Mcdowell falter Tiger will not win.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Tiger is strugling, he's playing a little to conservative imo, he hit iron off the short par 4 4th when he could have easily hit a wood and be close instead the iron goes into short bunker, not the play when you are chasing a pack on sunday, Mcdowell is going to win.

When he needed to kill the driver today on the 18th hole, his old swing faults (picking it straight up over the plane, laid off at the top) cam back and he came OTT when it seemed like he was looking for a draw. He swung the club better than in past months for most of the tournament, but when he was under pressure and really needed it he just did not trust the swing changes.

That just tells me that he is making progress, but he is not all the way there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

his 31 on the back is MUCH better than phil or DL3s 31 on the front. the back is playing about 1000 shots higher than the front. literally. for the field, its been that many shots disparity for the tournament...

Colin P.

I think Tiger will have the Kobe Bryant syndrome. What I mean by this is when Kobe had his "issue" it took him about a year to settle back in. Now Kobe is playing better than ever and scoring 40pts a game. Tiger will be the same way. Once his divorce is settled and he doesn't have all the bad stuff hanging over him he will be leaving the rest of the field behind.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

I think Tiger will have the Kobe Bryant syndrome. What I mean by this is when Kobe had his "issue" it took him about a year to settle back in. Now Kobe is playing better than ever and scoring 40pts a game. Tiger will be the same way. Once his divorce is settled and he doesn't have all the bad stuff hanging over him he will be leaving the rest of the field behind.

Quite possible, but right now - dont forget to put him on your Ryder Cup team and send him over later this year for the "Tiger factor" .....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Tiger's back alright.....back in the pack

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Jesus christ. The guy gets fourth or third or something... and he's not back? What does that say for the rest of the field?

He sure looked like the Tiger of old today......

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Actually I was calling bullshit. Dude has no idea what he's talking about if he thinks a 31 on the back nine at Pebble, the way it was set up today, was routine. Hell, I think Tiger is as much of a narcissistic douchebag as anyone does, but unfortunately that SOB is back.

Not really, Tiger = scratch golfer at pebble now, that doesn't win championships

The Tiger I saw today was certainly not the Tiger of old. He continued to struggle off the tee, sending a wild hook into the weeds on one hold and hitting several traps. On 18, when he needed a long draw to set up a potential eagle chance, he sprayed it out to the right. His putting was tentative all day long, leaving putts short that we used to expect him to make.

There were two very solid rounds of golf played today, the kind that Tiger used to be known for. They were played by McDowell and Havret. Of the people who were in contention, no one else came close.

Maybe he is back to being a very good player, but he is nowhere near being the "best who ever played the game". Maybe that will come again, but without his old putting stroke, I don't think so.

As much as I hated seeing Tiger play so well yesterday, it was worth it to watch him crash and burn today. Anyone see the telling post round interviews with Tiger and then Phil? Tiger was given a "gimme question" like "what positives can you take away from today's round?". He answers negatively like a complete a-hole. Phil isn't given a gimme question because they don't need to try to protect his image and Phil talked about his struggles with the putter then talks about how great the tournament at Pebble Beach was. That's why I always want Tiger to lose right there....he's just not very likable. Phil is great and I'm always wanting him to do well. Note that I'm not saying anything negative about Tiger's game. He's unreal and will, sadly, be back on top before long. Anyone catch the pitiful dialogue on Saturday where the announcers were saying that now that Tiger's playing well it's OK to root for him again (like he's a different person because his pants are up, he's not at Denny's and he's hitting a golf ball well)?

I enjoyed watching McDowell and Havert play today and I felt really bad for poor D. Johnson. That kid just lost it and never got it back.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

As much as I hated seeing Tiger play so well yesterday, it was worth it to watch him crash and burn today. Anyone see the telling post round interviews with Tiger and then Phil? Tiger was given a "gimme question" like "what positives can you take away from today's round?". He answers negatively like a complete a-hole. Phil isn't given a gimme question because they don't need to try to protect his image and Phil talked about his struggles with the putter then talks about how great the tournament at Pebble Beach was. That's why I always want Tiger to lose right there....he's just not very likable. Phil is great and I'm always wanting him to do well. Note that I'm not saying anything negative about Tiger's game. He's unreal and will, sadly, be back on top before long. Anyone catch the pitiful dialogue on Saturday where the announcers were saying that now that Tiger's playing well it's OK to root for him again (like he's a different person because his pants are up, he's not at Denny's and he's hitting a golf ball well)?

That is why Phil has won 4 majors, while Tiger has won 14.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

honestly, why do you care what he says during an after tourney interview? it's all for show, they do it because that's what's supposed to be done. tiger is real about his feelings, and phil always says what you want to hear. i couldn't care less about what anybody says in a post round interview. and all the x-pga announcers like jmiller, the fat dude on the g.c. hate on tiger cause they never had half the talent he has playing as inconsistently as he has this year. i applaud his brilliance on the course, whatever else he wants to do is none of my business.

honestly, why do you care what he says during an after tourney interview? it's all for show, they do it because that's what's supposed to be done. tiger is real about his feelings, and phil always says what you want to hear. i couldn't care less about what anybody says in a post round interview. and all the x-pga announcers like jmiller, the fat dude on the g.c. hate on tiger cause they never had half the talent he has playing as inconsistently as he has this year. i applaud his brilliance on the course, whatever else he wants to do is none of my business.

I agree 100%. !!!!bravissimo, senorchipotle!!!!

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!