IGNORED

Tiger's Back

saevel25
Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some of Tiger on his way to a 7 over par at a Pro Am here in Ireland today.. yeah, he's not back.

So he didn't sleep well on the plane ride over. Retief and others didn't play well either.

I see this as a hopeful sign. I think Tiger will do better at the B.O. And bookies will offer better odds now for those taking a flyer on Tiger. There's an overreaction when Tiger plays well, and an overreaction the other way when he doesn't. Once he gets this divorce stuff over with and settles down in his life, he'll revert to his mean.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Saw some of Tiger on his way to a 7 over par at a Pro Am here in Ireland today.. yeah, he's not back.

It's hard to play well when there's thousands of irish fans screaming at you on the teebox lol.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

It's hard to play well when there's thousands of irish fans screaming at you on the teebox.

Or... Lets see. His Neck Hurts (used that one), Knee Hurts (used that one), Struggling w/Contact Lens (used that one), Caddie's Fault (used that one), Distracted and needs time (used that one), still adapting to life without drugs (Bingo, hadn't used that excuse yet).

That's because you have the need to be entertained. You probably like watching 'Dancing with the Stars" don't you.

Yeah i bet you watch all the spelling bees and math contests huh? If you don't like emotion you aren't a sports fan, end of discussion because its like that in ALL sports. Its the whole reason to play to get that high from a great shot, etc. Why in the world do you play?

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

You seriously think they don't curse in other sports? You are sadly mistaken. Someone once said to Fred Couples after he knocked one stiff on the hole after a 3 putt "bet you don't 3 jack that!" His response was "anythings fu**ing possible." Get a clue. Oh and Magic has aids and his wife doesn't so what does that tell ya? The press are the scum of the earth why would you care about them?

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

Or... Lets see. His Neck Hurts (used that one), Knee Hurts (used that one), Struggling w/Contact Lens (used that one), Caddie's Fault (used that one), Distracted and needs time (used that one), still adapting to life without drugs (Bingo, hadn't used that excuse yet).

Some famous chess player of the early 20th century said "I never beat a healthy man."

Now when you mention drugs, are you talking about Tiger's tranks and so forth? That usage seems documented by the cops. If you mean steroids, that isn't. Maybe Tiger used steroids, but IMO you can't infer that from his body. Based on that magazine cover, Tiger is well muscled but not extremely so; he looked like any young man with a year's lifting behind him. The inference that Tiger might have used steroids is possible from what has been reported about Tiger's preoccupation with size. Keep in mind though that while bodybuilders on 'roids are big, they also eat 6-8 meals a day, avoid any exercise except weight training, and sleep 10-12 hours a day. As far as cussin', on Sunday at the U.S. Open, I think I heard Big Ern utter the "F" word, in front of an NBC mike. And cussin is not a new thing on the big tour. It's just that sensitive microphones and frank reporting are. Wonder what, exactly, it was that Tommy "Thunderbolt" Bolt said when he blew up back in the 50s?

Ping Kushin

If you mean steroids, that isn't. Maybe Tiger used steroids. Based on that magazine cover, Tiger is well muscled but not extremely so; he looked like any young man with a year's lifting behind him.

First off, the mag Cover photo was taken several years after the end of his growth spurt of the early 2000's.

Secondly, I ran a Gym for 10 years, attended many a Bodybuilding Competition on the state and national level, and my Wife competed for 4 years. I know 'ASSISTANCE' and abnormal natural growth when I see it. As for your statements on bodybuilding, your way off, the only one you got riight was the 6 - 8 meals per day statement. Something thats also overlooked when speaking about Pro Athletes using steriods is that its not done soley for performance reasons. Go look up some photo's of that rail thin Eldrick Woods from around 1998 and compare it to phots from around 2004. Then tell me in which photo the Logo Shirt he's wearing looks better. If you marketing clothing lines and and a sponsors name... which body type are you going to wish to place your Logo on. Which body type is going to sale more shirts? People get too hung up on the performance side of steroid use.

First off, the mag Cover photo was taken several years after the end of his growth spurt of the early 2000's.

There's nothing about Tiger Woods' appearance that indicates steroid use. The only connection is the Canadian doctor, and we don't know all the facts. The whole logo on the golf shirt/marketing plan sounds like nothing but a foolish conspiracy.

Or... Lets see. His Neck Hurts (used that one), Knee Hurts (used that one), Struggling w/Contact Lens (used that one), Caddie's Fault (used that one), Distracted and needs time (used that one),

He hasn't used drugs, they have drug testing on the PGA tour you know.

His knee hurts? Are you calling that an excuse? wow. why do you have to hate on tiger?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Top heavyweight bodybuilders do get a lot of sleep, and rest, and naps, and they do avoid cardio, even avoid walking a few miles depending on where they are in their cycle; if they played golf, they would ride in carts. (I read the muscle mags, got a whole box along with supplements when my stepson closed his gym. :) )

What sticks with me was the quote from one of Tiger's ladyfriends about his preoccupation with body and size. He was upset about his small calves, she said, and got offended when she mentioned that. Well, small calves are a problem for many. (Sort of irrational, because speed or endurance sports with 20" calves is like carrying around bowling balls. Look at sprinters--heavily muscled these days, but not in calves or forearms.) The Vanity Fair pic [here's a copy at http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...nity_fair.html ] shows a fairly muscular guy who like a lot of neo-builders focuses on biceps to the exclusion of a lot of other exercises. His pects are unremarkable except in outer width (does he do wide grip decline presses?), delts unremarkable, abs unremarkable. Smooth. Bit of a belly. Not ripped and not aesthetic at all, compared to Frank Sepe or Greg Plitt. Compare that photo of Tiger to one of Jack Nicklaus when he was in college. (Nicklaus was a beefy guy, a real jock-type.)Both were muscular young men who could have played behind the line on a college football team of the 1950s-80s without standing out much as to body type. Yeah, Tiger's body does look funny to me, but I think that is a matter of genetics and his choice of exercises. Except for the biceps. I'd think he did special exercises he thought would help him in golf, which has left his body oddly developed. Lotta cable exercises duplicating the golf swing, which would explain the outer pects. How big are Tiger's upper arms anyway? He has a smallish head, and I'd guess 16-18" pumped.

Ping Kushin

REX KWON DO !

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Have you seen some of the golfers lately? You can't honestly think that. If that were the case the only golfers that would be wearing sponsered brands such as Nike, Titleist, Callaway, etc, would be the ones in shape. Ya, I'm sorry but you are just wrong about that. I mean look at Dustin Johnson he's a fairly wirey guy, you think Taylormade is telling him to go beef up those biceps? Or Graeme McDowell? He's a fat Irishman (no offense I like him). Sponsers will always sponser guys who are talented at something that will get them noticed. If they happen to look like a model then so be it.

In my Tour Sasquatch Stand Bag

Driver: 10.5* R9 460
Fairway Wood: Dymo2 3 Wood
Hybrid: SUMO 21* 3 HybridIrons: Pro Combo Forged Irons 4-PW Gap Wedge 52* Vokey Sand Wedge: iWedge 56* Lob Wedge: MX-950 60*Putter: Studio Select Fastback No. 1 35"

Have you seen some of the golfers lately? Graeme McDowell? He's a fat Irishman.

Dude, you need to rethink this... Graeme McDowell can get more women than you and I put together.

Every woman I saw watching the US Open kept staring at him and asking with a bright eyed smile "Who IS That" ?

LOL @ calling Dustin Johnson wirey and McDowell fat. Those two guys look pretty standard to me - but you seriously should have a second look at Tiger during his college years, he could have easily replaced Steve Urkel in his sitcom.

OT, but still funny - i found this when i googled Tigers college years - http://www.tabloidprodigy.com/?p=8744 - i guess "individual" taste doesnt change.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

LOL @ calling Dustin Johnson wirey and McDowell fat. Those two guys look pretty standard to me - but you seriously should have a second look at Tiger during his college years, he could have easily replaced Steve Urkel in his sitcom

Yea, at Quail Hollow the Ladies were lining up at the ropes in advance of Dustin Johnsons arrival.

Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!