IGNORED

Common causes of a hook?

Note: This thread is 4187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes. Check out some of the information on ball flight laws (new). Fighting a hook by swinging farther from the inside can often result in larger hooks. Took me years to learn that!

Warning to anyone who reads this post: the poster seems to be completely unaware of the actual ball flight laws.

Not harsh at all. The purpose of this section of the forum is to learn so we can all become better players. Being that I respect your opinions iacas, you are right. Now that I think about it, it absolutely cannot be an over the top swing. As for ball flight laws and hitting to right field, I was referring to this

"The true ball flight laws tell us that a push-draw is a result of an open clubface with a swing path that's more inside-out than the clubface is open. For example, if the clubface is 3° open at impact but the swing path is 6° inside-out, the ball will start right (open clubface relative to the target) and curve left (closed clubface relative to the swing path)." Obviously, my original post gave the complete wrong message and yes, as a S&T; believer, that was careless. There is no way to really know exactly what is happenign anyway without seeing a video. As I said, we are all here to learn and there is nothing wrong with that? Cheers...

Note: This thread is 4187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • But most trades do not require a college degree. That goes back to the bifurcation between college prep and trade skill training.
    • Depending on course length...driver, 5, 7, pw and putter. I am just more comfortable hitting these clubs in a variety of ball flights and distances.
    • This x1000. To appear (I know that it is just an appearance) completely hopped up and out of it a couple of days before the incident is a huge reason why the questions are there, and IMO rightfully so. There is history there. He's recovering from surgery, so the access is almost certainly there. And we have video of what could be seen as him high as a kite shortly before, though not so shortly that any intoxication from the TV appearance would have worn off had it existed. Until I personally see toxicological reports dated and sign from that date, I will believe he was intoxicated. Some (most here) may call this unreasonable, but I would argue it is unreasonable for him to be going that speed and crash, then have no citation from the cops, even more unreasonable. I voted 1 as far as Tiger saying anything himself is concerned, but I think it is a terrible look, and close to a silent admission at this point given his history, the previous TV appearance, and the circumstances of the crash.
    • Nice rant.  Aren't those the same people who when they are on their deathbed from Covid are saying they wish they had gotten vaccinated?  Or that they would now be happy to take the science-designed monoclonal antibodies?
    • I haven’t posted much these days, just been busy with life, unfortunately I spend more time driving my kid around to soccer games these days than golfing but I like the idea of this thread. My incomplete list is full of old timers.    @iacas for honest, insightful, and intelligent posts about golf. Always. The energy to make sure we all understand what’s important is uncanny.    @Golfingdad for moral support and always a fresh attitude. Barney lives life right.    @kpaulhus for the positive gamblers mentality. And Newport Cup drives that could range from 300 yard bombs to 65 yard duck hooks. Like a box of chocolates.    @DaveP043 the best match play opponent anyone could dream of.   @mvmac for discovering the secret to golf. Forget Ben Hogan he needs his own Life magazine article to explain it to us.    @JetFan1983 for the Amanda videos.    so many others I should mention but the truth is there are so many great people on here. Always been the best place to talk golf on the internet. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. B_easy20
      B_easy20
      (29 years old)
    2. GolfClubbas
      GolfClubbas
      (22 years old)
    3. Jimmy1
      Jimmy1
      (26 years old)
    4. KTMrider
      KTMrider
      (54 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...