IGNORED

If you only had time for one thing to practice before a round.......range or putting green?

Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually wind up making my tee time with about half an hour or less to spare and have always hit the range without giving it much thought but was wondering if the limited time before a roundis better spent on the practice putting green? Any opinions on this? Thanks.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Why should it be one or the other? I do both and if time is really short, just the putting.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

id hit some balls at the range forsure, always need to get a feel of my swing for the day before i just start playing.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

If I had to pick one, I'd putt. I can swing the club as much as I want to get warmed up. I'd rather get a feel for what the greens are doing so I'm prepared to putt.

Many of the courses I frequent, actually, have no driving range. So I'm used to not hitting a bucket before I play. On those occasions when i can and do hit a bucket, I'm not so sure I play a better round than when I don't hit warm up balls.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

The practice green. You could always hit some chips to get the feel of your swing.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Depending on what course im at, I would prefer to hit balls. If i am at my home course I am going to hit some balls and loosen up. If I am playing a course that is unfamiliar I will putt to get a feel for the greens.

Driver: R5 XL with Fujikira Stiff Shaft
3Wood: T60 Ignite
Irons: 735 CM with S300 Shafts
56 Degree: Carnoustie Black
60 Degree: Carnoustie BlackPutter: 34" Mini T White IceBall: : WhateverShoes: Icon Snake SkinGolf is the only sport where they encourage drug use and its not illegal,...

I'd pitch first, then putt. I can get a good feel for my swing and contact with some 20yrd shots.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Range for me. I am to the point where I really need to hit a few balls to warm up and get loose unless I want to just waste the first 4-5 holes. I don't need much, 10-15 balls will get the job done if time is tight. You can always 'wing it' for the first hole on the green, and hit a few putts after you hole out to get a better feel of the speed.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I would hit just a few balls on the range to loosen up and putt the rest. 5-10 balls on the range is good enough for me.
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

If it was before a tournament round, the putting green, but before a causal round the range.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually hit a few 1/2 wedge shots and putt. Maybe 15 mins max before my round.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

range for sure. the putting swing is infinitely easier than the driver swing. the only variable with putting is speed. and that can be gauged by dropping a ball on the practice green and hitting one or two practice rolls.

Range for me. I am to the point where I really need to hit a few balls to warm up and get loose unless I want to just waste the first 4-5 holes. I don't need much, 10-15 balls will get the job done if time is tight. You can always 'wing it' for the first hole on the green, and hit a few putts after you hole out to get a better feel of the speed.

Range 100% - just so I can losen up (body wise) before I hit the first tee.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Putting green.

I'm used to starting off cold, a few practice swings and I'm ready.
I need to get a feel for the greens though

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The practice green. You could always hit some chips to get the feel of your swing.

+1

For me- its about getting the feel of ball contact- if I can get dialed in from waist high down to the ball with some chips the rest is there too. I actually play better warming up on the 19th before teeing off, a couple of beers 1/2 hr before my tee time relaxes my swing. = ) Late-

In the bag-
Driver- Ping G15 - 9dg Serrano  3 wood- Cleveland Launcher  Hybrid- Cleveland 3i
Irons- Cleveland CG2 4-PW  Wedges- Cleveland CG15 52, 56, 60
Putter- Scotty Cameron Red X2 mid
Ball- Bridgestone 330RXS

I used to always choose the range, but lately I feel like I get more warmed up putting, especially if I'm not used to the course. Few chips around the green, take a few practice swings from the rough just brushing the rough and then I'm good to go.

Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!