IGNORED

Big Break Sandals Resort

kennay92
Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I expected to Ryann all the way to the end. Though she pretty much sent herself home can't figure out why she didn't go for it in two. Well I can see but it seemed like a weak choice when you are supposed to have the distance to really put some pressure on. Almost like she was thinking play to tie and hope the opposition would hand it to her.

Don't know that I'd say Seema advanced based on great playing ability. Her opponent completely blew up, and Seema still went off the back of the green on her approach. I just haven't seen her perform under pressure and me and the mrs both agree she seems to be the weakest one and the save send is a big part of why she's still there.

Carling is still my favorite. Kind of occured to me she reminds me of the womens version of Andrew Guiliani, except umm hot. She's just involved in her own game and being real I can respect that.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carling is still my favorite. Kind of occured to me she reminds me of the womens version of Andrew Guiliani, except umm hot. She's just involved in her own game and being real I can respect that.

She's a good player, but just like Guiliani, I wish she'd shut up every once in a while. If she was mute, she'd be perfect.

I guess you're saying that since Ryann was eliminated, it proves she's wasn't talented enough (which was your original comment). Her winning on the futures tour already proved that she's one of the more talented players on the show. I'm not sure why anybody would root against a strong player winning.

First I didn't root against her. She behaved unstable on the golf course. She is probably a completely awesome player when she doesn't psyche herself out. I observed weakness in her game. I don't think just because she is a great hitter makes her a good tourament player. If she can get her head straight she will do well. I thought that this weakness leveled the playing field with the other weaker players.

Seema should go next for sure, then the red head. Taryn I thought was better but after that wiff...wow. Confidence wise Sara, Carling and Lili will be the final three but even though Taryn wiffed she did come back with a awesome shot and may still hang around.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ryann was the best talent in the competition, but her course management skills completely did her in. After hitting her drive in the bunker against Sara, she decided to go for broke with a fairway wood (a 1 in 20 shot in ideal conditions, let alone in a beating rain), and her aggressiveness completely backfired. The mistake clearly factored into her overly conservative decision to lay well back from the middle of the fairway versus Taryn, who promptly pulled the rug out from under her.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think the show would be far more interesting if they were forced to play in bikini's!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Yeah, I think it would be more interesting if the save/send card was either or. What I mean is, sometimes they are given a send card and sometimes they are given a save card. Not a dual sided card. That way nobody would feel like the bad guy (or girl) for sending someone and someone would actually get sent!

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Yeah, I think it would be more interesting if the save/send card was either or. What I mean is, sometimes they are given a send card and sometimes they are given a save card. Not a dual sided card. That way nobody would feel like the bad guy (or girl) for sending someone and someone would actually get sent!

I personally think the save/send card zaps what little credibility is left in the show. Bad players should not be saved. If there is a card it should be send only. If the player has the skills she will be fine if not well there you go. Although I still feel it should be up to the player to keep themselves out of the eliminations but someone has to go to them. All I know is that women seem to hate other women on a regular basis for whatever reason and this card is there to create tension/hate between the players so I will just call this a game/gimmick show. They are not interested in furthering anyone's career just exploiting it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I personally think the save/send card zaps what little credibility is left in the show. Bad players should not be saved. If there is a card it should be send only. If the player has the skills she will be fine if not well there you go. Although I still feel it should be up to the player to keep themselves out of the eliminations but someone has to go to them. All I know is that women seem to hate other women on a regular basis for whatever reason and this card is there to create tension/hate between the players so I will just call this a game/gimmick show. They are not interested in furthering anyone's career just exploiting it.

I agree. Players should either stay or go based on their ability, not on whether they are liked by another competitor.

Side note: It seems like the biggest expense for this show is on lip gloss for the interviews. They all have lips that look like a glazed donut.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Can't stand Carling - she just needs to keep quiet ALL THE TIME and just play
Ryann should still be here, Sheema (or whatever he rname is) has kept going on pure luck, ZERO skill - she will be next
Sara will go to the end - my guess is w Lili - they got some serious game
Taryn's wiff was....well embarassing - i felt for her, thats a tough one

The best BB to date was BB PEI hands down
co-ed was sweet and Derek Gillespie (pictured in my Avatar) is a stand up dude
I followed him at the Dakota Dunes Casion Open this year, and that guy can play....didnt win, but he had to grind it out all day and stayed focused
there is a reason he won
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Ultimately I agree... the show was better when it was all based on ability and not a save/send card (Seema). However, if anyone wants to exploit my career by giving me a club sponsorship, $10,000 in cash and another $10,000 shopping spree, just let me know where to sign.

Edit: Prince Edward Island was my favorite Big Break also. I really liked the co-ed format.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Remember BB Mesquite, when Robert, the one who wanted to win so badly and was eliminated in the fourth or fifth show? The remaining contestants were nice guys who just played the challenges and the show was as boring as could be.

Sorry, Robert, wherever you are. I meant Anthony.

My ranking of players left: 1- Sara Brown, 2- Carling, 3- Taryn, 4- Lili, 5- Chris, 6- Seema. I think Seema is next out, Chris will stay a little too long, and Sara will leave early. I think the finals are Carling and Lili, and Carling wins.

Also, I didn't think Taryn's wiff was that bad, she hit the bush. It's not like she totally missed everything and still missed the ball.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I love the fact that this season has split viewers into Sara fans and Carling fans, and each group absolutely hates the other.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

True. I find it odd that I'm one of the few people that like both. My favorites overall were Maiya, Sarah, Carling and Ryann. Of those, I thought the last 3 were the strongest players. My favorite personalities are Carling and Sarah. They're both funny, and I like that Carling actually has a personality and isn't a cardboard cutout.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Sarah is a biatch. If you can't stand someone doin some gloating and that shakes you up then quit competitive sports of any kind, right now. A great player will find your weakness and exploits it.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

Ryann was my favorite. She blew up.

Carling has some serious game and just plays her way.

Sara is also a very good golfer. I am hoping for a Sara-Carling final.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Carling gets on my nerves, but I think its great she is being herself. She is confident and she is showing it. Carling/Sara would be a good final. Based on what the show has shown us they don't really like each other. That will make for a better final than two players that like each other and don't want to see the other loose.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!