IGNORED

Big Break Sandals Resort

kennay92
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would agree that the setup/format of the show is lacking. Honestly, how many of us have a good feel for all of the remaining players' strengths and weaknesses? They just simply have not played that much. On average, any particular golfer can have 2-3 actual golf shots per episode before they are either sipping pina coladas or going into the final elimination challenge. The girl who got eliminated on the first show probably doesn't even remember swinging a golf club by the time she left. I don't think anybody played a full hole until the 3rd episode.

I would much prefer to see a format where the majority of immunity is based on full holes of golf with the occasional "challenge" thrown in but for an extended amount of shots. I want to see more golf. The show is 1 hour long, there should be plenty of golfing involved.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that the setup/format of the show is lacking. Honestly, how many of us have a good feel for all of the remaining players' strengths and weaknesses? They just simply have not played that much. On average, any particular golfer can have 2-3 actual golf shots per episode before they are either sipping pina coladas or going into the final elimination challenge. The girl who got eliminated on the first show probably doesn't even remember swinging a golf club by the time she left. I don't think anybody played a full hole until the 3rd episode.

Isn't that how they've done past seasons? The immunity was quite often a 3 hole stretch or something like that.

And the competitors not in that week's immunity challenge always stayed on the course as spectators to cheer on (or to hope defeat) the others. It seems like this season, the producers are sending the elimination winners back to the house (probably using the opportunity to film some swimsuit sessions).

Guys, it's sponsored by Sandals resort.....of course they are going to plug the resort every week. But for the format, yeah, it pretty much stinks. Too much game play and not enough golf. The better players often don't make it to the end. Go look at the Duramed money list and you'll see most of those girls on the show are playing there and the best player by a mile has already gone home. Of course they always select a predominately attractive group so as to keep the guys attention. The concept of the show is good but has gone awry corporately and commercially.

Well guys, I've got to agree that this season has been a huge disapointment to me. I really enjoy Big Break but this season lacks something. Oh yea, GOLF!!!!!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Well guys, I've got to agree that this season has been a huge disapointment to me. I really enjoy Big Break but this season lacks something. Oh yea, GOLF!!!!!

Definitely!

But all they had to do was show more bikini's (except that Lili dude) and nobody would have even known it was a golf show...

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

the challenges should be set up to give the winner(s) a break during full holes of golf.

Say they do the glass breaking challenge.. the winner of that challenge would then get to tee off from a closer tee box, or they get to subtract one stroke from one hole during a two hole playoff.

Even better, every day should be setup to where there are 2 hole matchplay competitions and all the losers then go to elimination and do challenges for staying on the show. Whatever the case, the idea of the winner should be based on golf and not on lucky shots.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Good points/ideas. Sadly, most reality TV shows these days are either about sex appeal, controversy/fighting or product placement/marketing. The substance of the show usually takes a back seat such cases.

Brandon

I thought it was kinda funny on the episode when Lily won the challenge and her and Chris got to eat as their prize. While the rest of the girls get to lay around and sip pina' colada's poolside when they win. Big Gwerls have bathing suits too, lol

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Does anybody know out of all the girls on this season who has the biggest resume' or credentials ?
For example, who was the closest to actually being on the LPGA tour ?

I just wikipedia'd the show and it said Chris Brady was 25 years old ?
huh, I thought she was more like 37-40 range. She looked like it anyway.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I thought it was kinda funny on the episode when Lily won the challenge and her and Chris got to eat as their prize. While the rest of the girls get to lay around and sip pina' colada's poolside when they win. Big Gwerls have bathing suits too, lol

Ha I didn't really notice that. Pretty funny.

Brandon

I enjoyed this past show the most, and I don't think it's a coincidence that it had no save/send card and just had a lot of golf. I guess it also helped that two of the people I wanted to see in the final were in the elimination challenge...and it wasn't looking good, either.

Brandon

Does anybody know out of all the girls on this season who has the biggest resume' or credentials ?

I think that Ryan is number 8 or 9 on the duramed money list. She seems to be by far the best player on the futures.

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

Although I enjoyed last night's show, I really would like to see Lilli go home so I was bummed to see her win the immunity challenge (although it did help that her screen time was minimized since she wasn't playing). With the 3 that were in the elimination challenge, I wanted them all to stay so it was tough to watch. The challenge itself was great, however. I really liked the format where they had to play all the way in from the 3 different locations. At the same time, what's up with a 234 yard par 4? What's worse, not only was it super short but none of them took out a driver or even a 3 wood and went for it. Taryn was down a stroke with Sara in the middle of the fairway....take out the big dog and get that stroke back!!!!

I still enjoy the show and hope they have another season coming up. I wonder if having to play under this kind of pressure will help some of them take their game to the next level.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Although I enjoyed last night's show, I really would like to see Lilli go home so I was bummed to see her win the immunity challenge (although it did help that her screen time was minimized since she wasn't playing). With the 3 that were in the elimination challenge, I wanted them all to stay so it was tough to watch. The challenge itself was great, however. I really liked the format where they had to play all the way in from the 3 different locations. At the same time, what's up with a 234 yard par 4? What's worse, not only was it super short but none of them took out a driver or even a 3 wood and went for it. Taryn was down a stroke with Sara in the middle of the fairway....take out the big dog and get that stroke back!!!!

i dont think the hole was that long, they moved the blocks up for the match

at 234 Sara could have easily drove that hole.....and should have tried IMO Here is the current Money List on the Duramed:
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i dont think the hole was that long, they moved the blocks up for the match

Ironically Carling and Sara are 72nd and 73rd!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!