IGNORED

Big Break Sandals Resort

kennay92
Note: This thread is 4965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If the chicks werent attractive, i got to admit, i wouldnt be watching this show. Man, the golf is so awful..lol.

I cut the contestants a break on the quality of play, at least in the early rounds. They're hitting random shots without much preparation dot what their next challenge is. That's a tall order for any player.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the chicks werent attractive, i got to admit, i wouldnt be watching this show. Man, the golf is so awful..lol.

I saw a dozen or so shots from 50 yards out that landed withing 5 feet of the flag. A few were almost holed. Don't discount the substantial amount of pressure that these young ladies are under. They're hitting those shots with thousands of dollars of sponsorship money on the line along with a year long exemption. That changes things a bit.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I saw a dozen or so shots from 50 yards out that landed withing 5 feet of the flag. A few were almost holed. Don't discount the substantial amount of pressure that these young ladies are under. They're hitting those shots with thousands of dollars of sponsorship money on the line along with a year long exemption. That changes things a bit.

Yea, thats true i guess. But at the same time, i imagine a professional, male or female, can hit shots that i cant. I didnt get that impression from the parts of it that i have watched.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Agreed, the caliber of play has been very good. Many of the wedge shots backed up from 50 yards. Ryann managed up and down from 50 yards 3 consecutive times, topped by Carling's 4 straight. We've seen 14 drives in 2 shows and only 2 missed the grid. The putting has been excellent by Big Break standards, Maiya holing 2 straight to advance then several players draining mid range putts last night to stay alive in the up and down challenge. Several of the putts that barely missed were well executed. It almost seemed like a generic cut and paste comment, ripping the quality of play, one that could attach to early stages of previous Big Breaks but certainly not this one. The final shots by Seema and Kelly were awful, but nothing else. Maybe that poster only saw a portion of the episode.

Otherwise, I doubt Kelly would isolate Sarah again, to Save. It seemed like an odd choice to begin with. I'll be rooting against Sarah after her whispered comments to the other players about Kelly. Naturally someone who Saved you a day earlier is going to kid around that you should help them out. The Save/Send option has wildly varied weight depending on the number of players sent to elimination. The first episode was only 2, last night 4. The player with the choice apparently doesn't know the format. As a viewer I hate Save/Send but while making the choice if I knew it was only 2 to elimination I'd darn sure Send someone. And in this case it would be Ryann. The female bombers have huge advantage in Big Break, as demonstrated recently by Kim winning, Gerina advancing deep, and Blair making the final. Ryann is 3rd on Futures Tour driving distance this year at 261, and that lends itself to 4th on tour in par 5 scoring average. That's two consecutive episodes without a completed hole(s) deciding elimination. In fact, there hasn't been a full hole yet. Welcome to Carling. I hope you are participating in Golfgal's interviews.

It's hard to gauge the level of talent remaining, since no complete holes have been played yet, but Ryann looks to be the best player on the show. If she is consistently out-driving the rest of the girls by 30+ yards and converting from close range, she'll be very hard to beat.

On the other end, the weak link in the competition is clearly Seema, who hasn't hit a quality shot yet. She should have been eliminated in the last episode, and I can't see her lasting much longer.

Maiya is hard to figure out. She's definitely in the bottom half of the cast in terms of pure talent, but her performance in the first elimination challenge suggests an ability to find ways to deliver in the clutch. Assuming she'll be saved from elimination by Ryann later on, she may be to player who advances much further than expected.

Sara may be a great player, but she's a real lightweight between the ears. I cringed a little during her attempt to rationalize Stacey and Kelly's bad drives in the challenge. Odds are she's the first victim of the Send card.

Carling's shown the goods so far, but she hasn't hit anything greater than a wedge. I'm curious to see how she handles longer challenges.

Chris had been unimpressive until she really locked in at the end of the elimination challenge. She's definitely worth watching.

Stacey, Lili, and Taryn are the median competitors so far. I'd rank Taryn the lowest of the three, but that could be because I find her accent grating.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Carling is gorgeous, and she has game!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

I'd rank Taryn the lowest of the three, but that could be because I find her accent grating.

Wait just a minute here, You;re from GA and you find Taryn's accent grating???

Wait just a minute here, You;re from GA and you find Taryn's accent grating???

Two things:

1. I grew up in Illinois until my mid-teens, 2. The Mid-South/Tennessee-Cumberland Valley dialect is not the same as the Appalachian dialect spoken by the locals here.

It's hard to gauge the level of talent remaining, since no complete holes have been played yet, but Ryann looks to be the best player on the show. If she is consistently out-driving the rest of the girls by 30+ yards and converting from close range, she'll be very hard to beat.

Very good summary. Ryann is definitely the best player. I posted that on a few sites before the series began. Her scoring average on the Futures Tour this year is 2 shots better than anyone else among this group who is playing that tour.

But that also makes her a logical candidate to face the Send card, perhaps more than once. Maiya was supposed to make her Futures Tour debut this week. She was in the preliminary field and she was mentioned as scheduled to play in a Big Break-related article on the Duramed website yesterday. But today Maiya's name disappeared from the final roster.

Ok, so I watched the 2nd episode and I'm not sure I can hang in there for a whole season. The whole save/send thing is too much like every other "Realty" show out there, and the whole thing has an "MTV Real World" feel to it. This how I see episode 3 going: Stacy: "Taryn stole my lip gloss!" Taryn: "I did not and now I will form an alliance with Lilli & Chris to have you thrown off the island" Chris than finds Stacy's lip gloss in Taryn's bag while secretly looking for illegal golf balls.......... Pillow fight breaks out with all girls in their nighties. Fade to black.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, so I watched the 2nd episode and I'm not sure I can hang in there for a whole season. The whole save/send thing is too much like every other "Realty" show out there, and the whole thing has an "MTV Real World" feel to it. This how I see episode 3 going: Stacy: "Taryn stole my lip gloss!" Taryn: "I did not and now I will form an alliance with Lilli & Chris to have you thrown off the island" Chris than finds Stacy's lip gloss in Taryn's bag while secretly looking for illegal golf balls.......... Pillow fight breaks out with all girls in their nighties. Fade to black.

Don't forget the intermittent cuts to the girls in their bathing suits while going to and from commercial. Except for the bigger girl....

Don't forget the intermittent cuts to the girls in their bathing suits while going to and from commercial. Except for the bigger girl....

So true. You don't see Lilli in a bikini, do you? It seems like the golf is secondary this time.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very good summary. Ryann is definitely the best player. I posted that on a few sites before the series began. Her scoring average on the Futures Tour this year is 2 shots better than anyone else among this group who is playing that tour.

That touches on a potential flaw of the show. Maybe it won't happen because of ego (nobody wants to continually show they're afraid of another competitor) but if she is sent to the elimination match enough times, she will eventually do poorly one of those times and could go home. In that sense, she would have gone home

because of how good she was. One could argue that if she's great she'll continue to perform well, but it's about finding who the best player is, and even great ones have weaknesses in their games and/or bad days. On another Ryann note, isn't she the teammate of Maiya from UCLA, and didn't Maiya beat her out for the roster spot? How did that happen? Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I agree with the whole "reality show" look. Its definitely a sign that the show is about to jump the shark.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I've enjoyed all the previous BBs immensely. I turned this one off 10 minutes into the first episode and never looked back. From the tone of these posts, sounds like I made the right call.

Bill

I've enjoyed all the previous BBs immensely. I turned this one off 10 minutes into the first episode and never looked back. From the tone of these posts, sounds like I made the right call.

I like the show, just my opinion :)

S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Note: This thread is 4965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!