IGNORED

Balls Left, Balls Right

Harmonious
Note: This thread is 5055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's kind of a slow day after the Open, so I thought I'd post this. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I found it interesting/amusing:

I'm lucky enough to live on a course, so I sometimes take my dog out walking on it early in the morning. If the notion strikes, we will sometimes wander through the woods on either side of several holes, seeing if we can find any lost balls.

Yesterday, we went down the right side of one hole, found about a dozen balls. Pinnacles, Top Flites, Noodles. This morning, we went down the left side. Found 8 balls, 6 were Pro V1 and V1x. What does that say about hookers and slicers?

1) Hookers are optimists, and so they play a better brand of ball?
2) Slicers are realists and understand their game better. They know they will lose a few along the way, and thus play a cheaper ball?
3) ProV's are programmed to fly left? Pinnacles to fly right? (What about in Australia?)

As I said, it's a silly thread, but now I know to only look for balls along the left side of golf holes.

That is a good point, I also live on a course and walk my dogs, I must have a least 300 balls in my garage, after some thought you are correct, I live on the left side of the fairway about halfway down a par 4, I nearly always find ProV's and NXT's and Srixons in my yard and RockFlights (TopFlights) and Pinnacles over the other side, interesting!!

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Better players tend to draw the ball and play a better ball.

That, or left-handed golfers REALLY like Pro V1s...?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's kind of a slow day after the Open, so I thought I'd post this. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I found it interesting/amusing:

I thought a lot of them were drug users!?!

:-p

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Don't really know what it means other than it seems like you have a good opportunity brewing. Find all those (hopefully) one-hit wonder Pro V1s, package them up and sell them on ebay for $20/dozen. Heck, you'd have the best of both worlds; you'd be getting some additional exercise and some extra pocket change. Plus, I'm sure your doggie would love to spend more time checking out all the different scents.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

I've found the more expensive balls will be on the left side too.

I think as iacas said, better players hit a draw.
Worse golfers are normally slicers so they play the cheaper ones.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Don't really know what it means other than it seems like you have a good opportunity brewing. Find all those (hopefully) one-hit wonder Pro V1s, package them up and sell them on ebay for $20/dozen. Heck, you'd have the best of both worlds; you'd be getting some additional exercise and some extra pocket change. Plus, I'm sure your doggie would love to spend more time checking out all the different scents.

My daughter did that last summer, we had over 350 balls, at least half of them Titleist and Callaway, my daughter asked if she could set up a stall out the back and sell them, she bagged them up in 6's and sold them for $3:50 for 6 or $6 a dozen, she sold the lot and made over $150.

We find on average about 3-4 balls per day just on the one hole out the back of my house, there are trees all the way down the right side and OB all the way down the left where the houses are and the fairway is only about 40yds wide.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

1) Hookers are optimists, and so they play a better brand of ball?

I'm thinking its more about better players tend to hook the ball more - so they play a better balll and lose them left.

Then you are pretty right-on about "slicers" ... (I fall into this group).

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Better players tend to draw the ball and play a better ball.

This is the answer

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I just decided which side of the fairway to walk when I have the option of walking down the fairway on either side.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Note: This thread is 5055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!