IGNORED

Best ball for 77-81 mph swing

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tested my swing speed at golf galaxy yesterday and came up with 80-81mph with driver and 77-78 with irons.

Golf Digest did a ball test and they were really impressed with the Noodle Easy Distance for swing speeds under 85mph. I have yet to try this ball. Are there any other balls out there that would be good for me to try ?

Currently using TF Gamer V2's and Srixon AD333's. Also have some Bridgestone e5's in the bag.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

if you can set aside a little pride, you can also go for women's balls. I've ofte heard that for people who slower swing speed, you can benefit from using a women's ball.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Tested my swing speed at golf galaxy yesterday and came up with 80-81mph with driver and 77-78 with irons.

Something very low compression.

Not necessarily these . . . but low.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Wilson Staff has a soft compression ball..I think its called Fifty Elite. I have also heard the Bridgestone Treosoft is fairly decent

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

FYI, I can get it up to 85-90mph but everything goes haywire, lol
also I play with very flexy graphite shafts so swinging hard just makes it worse for me.

I played with an elder guy once, who actually recommended ladies balls. He was using Taylor Mades ladies that day.
I could care less what i hit. I just want the performance.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

FYI, I can get it up to 85-90mph but everything goes haywire, lol

A friend told me the Precept Laddie was originally a "Precept Lady" but so many senior men played it they changed the name?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Try the Noodle+ Easy Distance. They are the best $15 dollar ball on the market, BY FAR. And they were just introduced this season so no one really knows about them.

They are well worth it. My Pro's dad who has been a PGA professional for almost 60 years started using them after hitting a few of mine.

They cannot be beat for the price....

For $15 a dozen what do you have to lose?

If you get 77 mph with a 5 iron.you should get much more than 81mph with a driver. Are yous sure the readings were accurate?

Volvik Crystals are nice low compressiom b alls.The Precept MC Lady is good,too. It was this ball that started the low compression ball phase. Men discovered them and were buying them like crazy,but of c ourse,some were too proud,that's when they came out with low compression men's balls. The Wilson 50 is just trhat 50 comp.

My swing speed is 81 with the six iron and mid to high 90s with the Driver. I think the driver number for you is off. I use the Titleist NXT Tour and really like it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are looking for a tour style soft ball, the Bridgestone 330RX. If you want a cheaper one just about any 2 layer ball will work, but try the Top Flite Gamer. THE ONLY bad thing I have heard about it is poor durability, but at your swing speed you won't be shredding many covers.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm telling you, try the Noodle. there is a reason it was Golf Digest highest rated ball.

Just try the NOODLE!!!

I don't swing much faster then you and I love the Nike Karma (old version).
It is by far the softest feeling ball I have ever hit.
Haven't hit the new version but the old ones are dirt cheap.
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Nike-Ka...category_id/96

P.S. just saw this if you wanna try out different balls. Pretty good idea from Lostgolfballs.com
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Premium...category_id/78

What's in my sweet Sun Mountain Bag
Driver: 10.5 SuperQuad
3-Wood: Burner
5-Wood: G10
Hybrids: 23 26 Gold Pro Irons: Slingshot 6-A Wedge: 54 & 58 Scratch  Putter: White Ice #1 Gotta have balls: Vapor

Srixon Soft Feel.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!