IGNORED

Playing my first tournament at new course.(what do you think i'll shoot?)

James_Black
Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bethpage Black is a par 70 is the U.S.Open.
Those who think that par 70s are "easier" than par 72s don't know very much about golf.
In many cases, it means that there are a couple of very long par 4s. Other courses are par 72, but have two or three par 5s that should be par 4s.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

you don't think I'll break 80?

you've only played the course once before and that was time ago, its difficult when you dont know the best places to put your ball

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Bethpage Black is a par 70 is the U.S.Open.

Some par 70 courses are tough. Even at a slope of only 120 there can still be some potential blowup holes.

Since James has never played in a tournament before, he might not break 100, but I think he'll crack the 90 mark.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Some par 70 courses are tough. Even at a slope of only 120 there can still be some potential blowup holes.

I shot a 84!

I got 50 stableford points, I might be getting on the limerick junior team when I get a proper handicap. I got a birdie and 8 pars. I started off ok but on the back nine I was only 4 over. The 1 guys behind us got a hole in one, first time I've seen someone get one. I'll be playing next tuesday off around 24-25.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I didn't play off the tips though.
They played us off the whites because we're juniors so that was an advantage.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Nice Sandbagging.

In my OU Bag: Driver 9.5 Neutral Fujikura Motore Stiff
3 Wood Big Bertha
Hybrid 21 degree
Irons Big Bertha 08 Model
Wedges 60 degreeFlatstick Original Answer Winn Midsize Grip Rock Pro V 1 Black"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife...

Nice Sandbagging.

I think he's entering his scores but the handicap system in Limerick is a joke ; )

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think he's entering his scores but the handicap system in Limerick is a joke ; )

I was giving my scorecard to the junior officer.

He gave us handicaps but they weren't official ones. I stayed off 28 in the computer but I played off 16 on the course.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Did you use the wooden 2 wood off the tee?

No, lol.

I still would've broken 90 with it. The greens were really nice, fast, but nice. edit: I wish i did bring the 2 wood. I wouldn't have looked like that much of a bandit.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Nice goin james

did you get 1st place??

any prizes?

BAG:

DRIVER: G2 10*
WOODS: 3 + 5
IRONS: : MP 52`s 3-PW, stiff shaftWEDGE: TW9 60*PUTTER: white hot no.7 BALL: when playing well pro v 1

I forgot it was a par 70. I'll adjust my prediction to an 85. The reason why I wouldn't go any lower is because it's your first tournament. You will likely have some nerves...always happens for me.

I was close!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 5022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!