IGNORED

My Swing (acegolfer)

acegolfer
Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Your explanation makes a lot of sense. It's easy to imagine that I'll chunk a shot, if I straighten my right arm or if I don't hold the right wrist hinge before impact.

your posture and stance look good to me. i wouldn't straighten my knees any more than they are already. everything looks great, it's just a matter of getting the feeling of not straightening your right arm until after the swing, which is hard to do at first. but what i try to do is lead the downswing with my right elbow and pull it in front of my body and through the shot.

your posture and stance look good to me. i wouldn't straighten my knees any more than they are already. everything looks great, it's just a matter of getting the feeling of not straightening your right arm until after the swing, which is hard to do at first. but what i try to do is lead the downswing with my right elbow and pull it in front of my body and through the shot.

Ok. I tried the narrower + closer to ball stance today at a golf course.

Chunked SW 4 times inside 100 yards. Chunked 7 iron twice from the fairways. Shot 84. Should I continue with the new stance?

My Clubs
Driver - Nike SUMO 13* R flex
Wood - Cobra 5 wood 18* R flex
3-PW hybrids/irons - Mizuno MX-950 R flex
Wedge - Mizuno MX-950 51* Wedge - Cleveland CG14 56* 14*Putter - RifeBall - Taylormade TP LDP RED

Ok. I tried the narrower + closer to ball stance today at a golf course.

well, whatever you want to do. when you hit a good iron shot, do you feel you've got more control with the new stance or the old one? if you've got more with the new then i'd keep it and work on keeping my hands moving forward through the hitting area so you don't chunk it. but if you've got more with the old stance then by all means go back to that. personally, i find it easier to control the ball and have a better trajectory with a narrower, closer stance. but it's all up to you.

well, whatever you want to do. when you hit a good iron shot, do you feel you've got more control with the new stance or the old one? if you've got more with the new then i'd keep it and work on keeping my hands moving forward through the hitting area so you don't chunk it. but if you've got more with the old stance then by all means go back to that. personally, i find it easier to control the ball and have a better trajectory with a narrower, closer stance. but it's all up to you.

There are several things that I like with narrower closer stance.

1. Less in-out swing. Less hook trajectory. As a matter of fact, I hit all 4 par 3s GIR. The flight trajectory was straight and where I aimed. But they were all teed up. Off the deck, most iron shots are still draws. 2. I feel my arms are more passive at impact than before. There's only 1 thing that I don't like with the new stance. 1. Steeper angle of attack resulting in chunk shots. This is a weird combination of in-out swing + steep angle. I know this is my fault. But need to address this. Overall, I like the new stance and I think it's necessary to get to the next level. So I don't mind struggling for several weeks on the course. So is this correct? Maintaining flying wedge = flatter angle of attack?

My Clubs
Wedge - Mizuno MX-950 51* Wedge - Cleveland CG14 56* 14*Putter - RifeBall - Taylormade TP LDP RED

there's not really a ''flatter'' angle of attack per se. the flying wedge should stay intact no matter what angle of attack with which you strike the ball. i wasn't going to say this earlier cause i didn't want to say too much, but in your downswing you come very far to the inside. i recommend staying on the same ''plane'' for lack of a better term in the downswing. if you look at your swing. you take the club basically straight back, but in the downswing you come from pretty far inside. i think if you came straight back and straight through while maintaining the flying wedge, you'll have a really good stroke. i try to feel like my hands come right over my right shoulder, then back down in front of my body thus preventing me from getting stuck and hooking/pushing the ball.

if you notice davis brings his hands, just like all other pros, above his shoulder then right back down the line and not inside to out. it takes a little while to get used to, but i truly think it would do you well in the long run. so i'd say keep the narrower/closer stance, and try to swing straight back, and straight through at the target.

senorchipotle,

Once again, thanks.

I have been practicing this narrower closer to ball stance for the last 4 days. I have struggled a lot initially but I think it's coming around.

9 GIRs today. Only 2 hook and 1 slice tee shots. No hook iron shots. I hit 3 pure iron shots, when normally I would hit 1 pure, if I'm lucky. Love that sweet feeling. It's like a bliss!

More importantly, I feel my swing is much smoother and effortless than before. I'll keep working at it.

My Clubs

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!