IGNORED

Center shafted putters, anybody use one?

Note: This thread is 4458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Center shafted putters promote a straight back straight through putting stroke.  I actually prefer a center shafted putter because i have a straight back straight through stroke.  If you have a rounded stroke where it comes in on the back swing and in or straight on the through swing a heel shafted putter would be more beneficial.  It depends on your stroke but anyone can use any type of putter it is completely personal preference and what you feel comfortable with.  That leads to making more putts... Confidence!!

Ive dabbled with a couple center-shafted putters (Titleist Bullseye and recently a Bettinardi BC5) and I found alignment to be much more difficult with them.  With a heel shafted putter I find it much easier just to stand with my eyes over the ball and get good alignment with with a CS putter I found the ball was more inside of my sightline, which make it difficult to get lined up correctly.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Ive dabbled with a couple center-shafted putters (Titleist Bullseye and recently a Bettinardi BC5) and I found alignment to be much more difficult with them.  With a heel shafted putter I find it much easier just to stand with my eyes over the ball and get good alignment with with a CS putter I found the ball was more inside of my sightline, which make it difficult to get lined up correctly.

I also prefer heel shafted putters for the same reason. I've read that this has to do with occular dominance, but I'm foggy on the details.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody here has insight into the relationship between left/right eye dominance and putter shaft offset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

My putters of choice.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I seem to be better off with a CS blade. Still putting on an arc but find it does help me limit face rotation.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!