IGNORED

750 million!!!!!

Black Hulk
Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 750 million deal was a bogus article. Several of the primary news organization have recently stated that this 750 million article was not factual.
IMHO I think she will get approx 250 million. (but I hope she gets 1 billion)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
The number has been $100M for a few days now, folks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You sound like a freaking politician there!!!!!

In fairness, it was a response to a really sad attempt to attack him, so I think it balances out.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

In fairness, it was a response to a really sad attempt to attack him, so I think it balances out.

How was it a sad attempt. Tiger was basically saying how important it is to live up to standards if you are a role model, only a politician would try to throw in context that was never really there. Why do people still try and defend tiger on this, ok he is the worlds most successful golfer, but he is not a good family man.

How was it a sad attempt. Tiger was basically saying how important it is to live up to standards if you are a role model, only a politician would try to throw in context that was never really there.

The second thing you say is exactly my point: there isn't any context to that quote. Someone took a quote of his and provided no context. We don't know what sort of role model he was talking about

: did he mean a role model in how to live one's life, or how to play golf, or how to get better at golf? Did he mean a role model to kids, to tour rookies, to husbands, what? He didn't just walk up to a microphone one day and say that he is a good role model. Let's take a look at the quote, as provided by JWL:
Tiger Woods Quote: If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.

Consider how vastly different of a meaning the quote has depending on the question that he is responding to. I do not know the context of the quote, nor do I know if either of these is something that it is in response to. For that matter, I don't know if Tiger even said what JWL is quoting (as I noted, we were not provided with a citation, either; if we had this, we could also get context from it).

Q1. Tiger, many children view you as a role model. How do you feel about that? Q2. Tiger, it's great that you've played many practice rounds with Bubba Watson since his rookie year. He attributes some of his success on the PGA Tour to your guidance. How do you feel about that? See the difference?
Why do people still try and defend tiger on this, ok he is the worlds most successful golfer, but he is not a good family man.

I can't speak for others, but I don't feel Tiger's done anything wrong, just something immensely unpopular. That he isn't a good family man doesn't bother me at all. It's very possible to be a good role model in one aspect of life and not in another. If I were seeking to be a "good family man," I would not look to Tiger for guidance on this -- even before the scandal about the privisionals began.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

100 million is fair. If my wife inherited a nice fortune or god forbid was the sole income earner and slept with over 20 men.... I would be screaming for half too. But it's different for men.

I can't speak for others, but I don't feel Tiger's done anything wrong, just something immensely unpopular.

You don't think it is wrong to cheat on your wife with dozens of skanks?

Well I know Tiger is just human and most of us humans make some mistakes in our life, so I won't throw the first stone here. But whatever he is worth, Elin is entitled to 1/2 of that that was earned duringr the marriage. That's not a moral opinion but I believe that is the law in most states. I am not an attorney, but if I was Tiger's advisor, I would advise him to pay up and get this behind him and get back to playing golf. I think it is obvious that Tiger isn't playing to his potential and I think having this situation hanging over his head is part of the reason. So like all of us that make a mistake the best course is to own up to the mistake, pay the price of penance, learn from the error and get it behind you and get on with life. That, in my opinion, is what Tiger needs to do if he is to regain his dominance on the course. I just don't see how he can clear his mind and play golf until this is settled. As long as it is in the press and he is constantly ask about it in press conferences and guys like us write or opinions in forums like this it won't go away.

Butch

100 million is fair. If my wife inherited a nice fortune or god forbid was the sole income earner and slept with over 20 men.... I would be screaming for half too. But it's different for men.

It is different for men. Look at the election in South Carolina. The governor is caught in a sex scandel and his approval ratings go down. The challenger, a female, has two men who come out and say they slept with her and her approval ratings go up.

If Elin had cheated, she would probably still be getting the $100 million settlement that is now being reported.

20? LOL - the last number i heard was 121 + the neigbours daugther - but who knows. IMO she should strip him blank, but 100 mil was the latest i read.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I just don't see how he can clear his mind and play golf until this is settled. As long as it is in the press and he is constantly ask about it in press conferences and guys like us write or opinions in forums like this it won't go away.

I doubt he cares a hoot about what is written in these forums but you're right, having been through a divorce

with kids , its a constant distraction and its difficult to concentrate on just about anything. If he's smart, he is seeing a psychologist to help him through this. He'll be a better person (we hope) because of the experience but recovery takes a while and it just can't be rushed even if you want it to be.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

You don't think it is wrong to cheat on your wife with dozens of skanks?

1. We don't know he cheated. We know he slept with other women. You and I don't know what type of marriage he and Elin had. It could have been an open marriage. Or perhaps she could have cheated on him, too, and perhaps he is keeping silent about it for the sake of his children. Maybe Elin unilaterally ended the monogamy, and Tiger followed with what is natural (and, quite frankly, right in that situation).

2. We don't know that there were dozens of women, much less which fraction were skanks. 3. We don't know how much Elin actually cares about what he did. Perhaps she just smells a big payday and is acting up to make it appear to be a bigger deal. Maybe she has another man lined up, waiting in the wings, who she would rather be with and sees this as her out. 4. In order for me to count something you do as wrong, I believe there needs to be a reasonable expectation that you should have behaved differently. Given what we know of Tiger, pre-marriage, I don't think Elin had a reasonable expectation for him to behave in any other fashion.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1. We don't know he cheated. We know he slept with other women. You and I don't know what type of marriage he and Elin had. It could have been an open marriage. Or perhaps she could have cheated on him, too, and perhaps he is keeping silent about it for the sake of his children. Maybe Elin unilaterally ended the monogamy, and Tiger followed with what is natural (and, quite frankly, right in that situation).

Clearly you missed the 13:56 minute apology press conference Mr. Woods gave a few months after he was caught cheating on his then wife Elin, He stated on video "I cheated"

Watch here and be informed

That is the kind of response I would expect the majority of people from Cali to give...

1. He cheated 2. They were skanks 3. Come on dude, really? 4. Are we forgetting what marriage is suppose to be? When you commit to vows with another person with religious ties? I am not a religious man but dude, come on man...

Clearly you missed the 13:56 minute apology press conference Mr. Woods gave a few months after he was caught cheating on his then wife Elin, He stated on video "I cheated"

It sounds to me as though he's acknowledging the perception of what he did and isn't getting caught up in semantics.

1. He cheated

In your view, sure.

2. They were skanks

In your judgment.

3. Come on dude, really?

Absolutely. I've seen it happen to men without Tiger's fame and fortune; I see no reason to rule it out in this case.

4. Are we forgetting what marriage is suppose to be? When you commit to vows with another person with religious ties? I am not a religious man but dude, come on man...

That's one definition of marriage: two persons, to be together for one another and only for one another, and so on. Lots of people have other arrangements; this is by no means limited to the past few years. I don't pretend to know which agreement Tiger and Elin had.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!