IGNORED

Worst round of my life

Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, not worst of my life, but I haven't shot this bad since I first played when I was 15.

Played yesterday at a tough course: Slope 135/72.3 rating and shot a 97....

I had been playing great for the last 2 months shooting in the low 80's and even broke 80, but yesterday I just couldn't hit the ball.

Now, my drives were perfect. If I didn't hit the fairway, I would be just off it.

Butmy irons were horrible in the front 9, which I shot a 53 on, and so were my putts. There is A LOT of fescue off the fairways, and you can not hit the ball. I would swing at it, it would grab my club and hook it back into the fescue. Sometimes taking me 3 shots just to get out.

I had 40 putts, because my irons were so far off i would hit the greens down in the bowls 50 feet away and 3 putt....and the greens were fast and hard to read.

But, no excuses, I just played terrible

My back 9 was fine, I shot a 44, which is relative to my handicap for that course.

I don't know what to take form it, every iron was getting pushed way right, not slicing but pushing.

I checked a few divots, and they were pointing exactly where I wanted the ball to go, but my ball would push right every damn time.

I played with a pro form another course and he said my back swing was way too fast....

I nearly quit after the front 9, but it cost me $90, so I didn't.

Time for a lesson?

Well, not worst of my life, but I haven't shot this bad since I first played when I was 15.

Time for a lesson?...perhaps, or maybe it's just golf. Brush it off and go back and play good again. I hate having a bad round unless I can get another round in soon because it really affects you mentally, at least it does me.

No need for a lesson. Stuff just happens. I had a similar experience early in the season. Shot a 96 at a similarly tough course. I had forgotten all about it by the time I returned home.

I nearly quit after the front 9, but it cost me $90, so I didn't

It's just golf - it happens.

I have had several rounds over the last few years with a horrendous front 9, briefly considered walking to my car, and then lit it up on the back nine with a 37 or 38. On these days, it seems like the issue is ball position for me. I either have it too far forward or too far back with my irons, which is apparently the difference between hitting it exactly where I want, or short / long / left.

I would shake off the front nine and put the back nine in the memory bank for the future. Perhaps you were psyched out and tense because you were playing a tough course and it took a while for you to settle down. I am playing Oakland Hills next Monday, which is certainly the toughest course I've ever played. I am going in with no expectations of score or performance and plan to play each shot to the best of my ability.

As far as lessons, I would say that it is always time for a lesson.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you have a bad round, dont worry about it and go out and play again, if it keeps happening take a lesson.

I was on a course with a slope of 117, shot a 92. Though i would have to say those greens were pure evil, i mean FAST!!! I had one chip were i had it barely trickly on the green, it ended up at the front edge with a back up the hill 40' putt.

Next day i play a course that has a slope of 130, shot an 81 42/39. Just goes to show you that bad rounds happen.

I think its just time to hit the range. Im currently in the same boat..

I had 3 or 4 rounds in a row of good scoring...

39 (3+)
35 (-1)
then....

45 (9+)
and a 42 (6+)

not good but even worse is I didnt even leave me putts for birdies so I couldnt make up for my bogeys. So today I will hit the range for 2 plus hours when off of work. Tomorrow will be a twilight round... thursday will be the range and so will friday and il be ready for a solid scoring weekend

eh it happens. we all have our days.

best thing to do is to just take a step back and breathe it in and kind of reset yourself after each hole.

Last night i was at the range and watched this guy hit some bad misshots and he was so damn angry, he kept slamming his club on the ground and on the little dividers...then when he left, he made a big commotion by kicking his bag over and walking off like a little baby.

Meanwhile, theres a guy next to him who is equally hitting hitting them bad...shanking several shots but he remained calm and stepped away for a few seconds between each shot to regroup himself.

I wonder which one will improve???

Golf is crazy. Last time I played I was +8 on front, and on back nine was +3 going into No. 15.

I triple bogie No. 15 - sky hook ball out of bounds for starters. Par No. 16 and 17 - miss birdie putts from about 20', one skipped over hole and the other slid 6" right. Triple bogie No. 18 - made adjustments on tee against hook, and banana sliced drive OB.

Finished with 43 + 45 = 88.

Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!