IGNORED

My Swing (tfauss)

Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been struggling lately with my swing. please give me any advice you can. Thanks.

"Take two" if you can hear my brother. lol

real tough to tell in a video like this but it looks like you immediately open the clubface on the takeaway. also, make sure you really get your weight to the leftside on the finish. pretty nice swing, def. a lot of potential there.

You have a very nice swing. what problem are you having? what is your ball flight?

my ball flight is usually straight or a little draw and i'm fine with this. my problem is hitting it fat quite a bit. some days i have trouble hitting the ball solid.

Some things i've been wondering with my swing. -is my swing too flat(should my club be above my head at the top of my backswing) -am i picking the club up too much on my backswing -should i bend your right elbow so much at address. i have a few lessons and my instructer told me to do this, but i haven't really seen anybody else doing it. -should i be going down so much on the ball. I know my head really goes down at the ball at impact. i'm thinking this could be why i hit it fat. I know its a lot of questions. sorry. thanks though

Lots of nice things with your swing.
I'd work on the following
On the backswing, turn your shoulders more vertically. Your shoulders turn horizontally (parallel to the ground). You want your shoulders to turn on a plane perpendicular to your spine.
Partly because you turn your shoulders horizontally, your left arm separates from your body at the beginning of the backswing. By rotating your shoulders more vertically, your arms will be more connected on the backswing and forward swing.

The reason I think you can hit it fat
From the top of the backswing, you have a pronounced arm hitting movement (this is a natural tendency of most people)
Try hitting the ball with just using your core and leg muscles (your arms will then act later instinctively)
Think passive shoulders passive arms on the forward (downswing)

Thanks for all the help. I will work on that tomorrow.

The only thing I don't quite understand, you said, "try hitting the ball with just your core and leg muscles". Can you explain this some moe

If you are hitting it fat a lot, maybe try looking a little bit in front of the ball. That should help reduce some of the fat shots. I think you have a nice swing though.

The only thing I don't quite understand, you said, "try hitting the ball with just your core and leg muscles". Can you explain this some moe

From the top of the backswing, think stomp on the ground with the left foot, fire/contract/activate the left gluteus, left quadriceps, and obliques. This will result in a forward/downswing that starts from the ground up. The forward/downswing will then be dominated by the lower body/not the upper body.

What you are doing now (from the video) is firing/activating the shoulders from the top as your dominant move. Try keeping this move passive---your shoulders and arms will then follow your hip/leg/torso movements naturally.

My thoughts:

- Stance is a little too vertical. Back up from the ball a couple of inches, bend the knees a bit more, and start with your hands a little "lower" (so the club isn't so vertical).
- And to quote another of my posts: Your hands move outward (away from you) to start, combined with a rolling of the wrists and forearms. Notice the gap between your left arm and body has increased as you start the backswing. Hands should move inwards, while clubhead remains outward by not rolling the forearms or hinging the right wrist (this will come later when right elbow starts to fold).

• 1 month later...

here is my swing again. can anybody please help me out again. I have been really been doing bad lately. the only reason i am still doing ok is because of my short game.

thanks

2 things I noticed at first glance: your head dips considerable on the back swing, and you are very laid off at the top. Your impact positions is actually pretty good from the face on view.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Backswing-left arm separates from body early on--maybe not as severley as before.
Your wrists don't appear to be working properly for the wrist cock--hands appear to be separating at the top of the backswing right hand appears to be coming off the club
Forward swing--It looks like you are extending your right arm too soon.

• Administrator

Your hips go forward on your backswing and you don't stand up. You also don't side tilt enough, but we'll save that for another time.

Literally stand up on your backswing. Feel like your right hip slides back and up. Your right shoulder will go up too.

Feel like you're stretching the right side of your body on the backswing. Your right ankle, knee, belt/stomach area (on the right side of your body), etc.

You'll also want to stop letting your right hand basically come completely off the club at the top, too.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I Just wanted to thank everybody who helped me out with my swing, especially iacas. His simple tip of stretching out the right side of your body Om the backswing finally let me actually point my shoulders at the ball. This tip has not only made my swing look a lot better , but preform better too.

Note: This thread is 3942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!