IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently played at Pumpkin Ridge which is close to my home, but it is probably the best course I have played, I am not a world traveler though, where are some of the best/favorite places to play?
  • Upvote 1
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

Pumkin Ridge...That place is amazing..Id love to go there..

Well I dont go to courses as much..( I do now though like every week or 2 week im at a course )

But i live in scotland and theres not many AMAZING courses where i stay..

But wishaw would have to be mine

I recently played at Pumpkin Ridge which is close to my home, but it is probably the best course I have played, I am not a world traveler though, where are some of the best/favorite places to play?

Man, Oregon was is busy now. I tried getting on Pumpkin Ridge Thursday and Friday while I was there and no luck. I'll get back there sometime.

Probably the best courses I've played so far are the 3 at Kapalua Bay in Hawaii.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got home from Alaska and shot at Moose Run. It has two courses hill side and creek side, recommend the creek side thats the one we played. We actually had to wait for a black bear to cross the second green kinda scary at first but neat. The course itself was in great shape but its only open a couple months a year, so I'm told, so plan accordingly if you go.

My top 10 courses and the number of times I've played them:

#1- Butler National (2)
#2- Whistling Sraits (1)
#3- Medinah #3 (1)
#4- Ventana Canyon (5)
#5- The Gallery (10)
#6- Tucson National (50+)
#7- TPC Deere Run (3)
#8- Harborside International (3)
#9- Prairie Landing (home course) (30+)
#10- Princeville (HI) (1)
Current bag:
Driver: TaylorMade 9.5* R-510
3-wood: TaylorMade 15* r7 TP
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX Ironwood
Irons: Hogan FTXWedges: 52* Hogan Riviera | 56* Cleveland TA 588 | 60* Hogan CarnoustiePutter: Cameron Detour 2Ball:NXT

I got some new updates after this year

1. Bethpage Black (NY, USA)
2. Old Course St. Andrews (Scotland, UK)
3. Kingsbarns (Scotland, UK)
4. TPC Stadium @ PGA West (CA, USA)
5. TPC Canyons (NV, USA)
6. Reflection Bay (NV, USA)
7. Carnoustie (Scotland, UK)

all others are pretty close, nothing that stands out....

Bethpage Black is the only course I've played that is "world class". That was one heck of an experience though.

I'm just hoping to knock off 1 or 2 in the top 100 public courses every year- and maybe sneak in a privite one through connections every once in a while. I figure if I can get a solid list of 50 world class courses played before my days are over- I'll be happy.
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

man, there was a lot of nice courses listed!! I hope to play some of these in my lifetime. I would LOVE to play some of the courses in Scotland, not to take away from the world class tracks around the states though, Bethpage Black, if the sign that is posted out front is any indication I don't have the game for that one yet!!
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

I almost forgot, Pumpkin Ridge does get awfully busy during the summer but I have been lucky enough to play for free, as my wife is employed there. Some times life is good.....

REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

My Top 10 and the number of times I've played them are:

#1 - Golden Horseshoe Gold (100+)
#2 - Spyglass Hill (1)
#3 - Pebble Beach (1)
#4 - Bulle Rock (1)
#5 - Pinehurst #4 (1)
#6 - Pinehurst #2 (2)
#7 - Homestead Cascades (1)
#8 - Spanish Bay (1)
#9 - Shephard's Hollow (1)
#10 - Tidewater Plantation or Caledonia Golf & Fish Club (tie - 1 each)

However, I'm going to Scotland next year and playing Turnberry, Royal Troon, Muirfield, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, St. Andrews, Nairn, & Royal Dornoch so I'm sure this list will change around a bit.

In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

I got lucky enough to play a little known private course near Wilmington, NC named Eagle Point . I've played the Cascades, a few of the the Pinehurst courses and a good share of the Southern Pines and Myrtle Beach courses, and nothing compares to this treasure. All caddied. Extremely private. We warmed up on the par 3 course, and then walked 18 of the best golfing conditions I've ever seen. The last 5 holes are the 5 hardest finishing holes I've ever played ending in a 586 yard par 5 with trouble everywhere, and the rest of the course compares. There is NOTHING gimicky, just fair, straight forward difficult golf the way it is meant to be played.

7170 yards. 75.5/ 146
Ouch
  • Upvote 1
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

ive been to a few courses in the last 3 months.
id rate them in this order.

1. Henllys Hall.Beaumaris. 18holes parkland. recently 'upped' to 18holes from 9. nice new clubhouse. a great course that is heading in the right direction.If i ever become a member of a golf club it will be this one.

2. Porthmadog.18 holes. 9holes parkland & 9holes links.fantastic greens
3. Caernarfon. 18 hole parkland. had my best score there 37pts in rain.
4. Holyhead. 18 hole. some very well laid out holes.
5. North Wales GC llandudno.18holes.Tough links.3x amazing par 3's on back 9
6. St Deiniol Bangor.18holes parkland. good course,greens,design.
7. Cricceth. 18hole parkland. stunning views. greens were awful
8. Rhosneigr. 18hole links.worked there for 5yrs. seen it too much so dont like.

in the bag-
R7 425cc
Halo 2i
R7 irons
X tour wedge 2-ball putter balls

Mine is a very short list but here it is:

1) Hilton Head National (Probably my favorite of the three I am listing)
2) Country Club of Hilton Head (The site of my first par. WooHoo)
3) Springhouse Golf Club (Now known as Gaylord Springs Golf Links and home of the Bellsouth Senior Classic)

I need to get my bags packed and start hitting some of these places, I have heard of the more common names but I am really interested in checking all the others out!
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

They aren't really anything special, but these are my top 5:

TPC Twin Cities, Blaine MN
The Wilds Golf Club, Shakopee MN
Brown Deer Park GC, Milwaukee WI
Royal Oaks at Oak Run Country Club, Ocala FL
Ocala Palms Golf Club, Ocala FL
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

...Bethpage Black, if the sign that is posted out front is any indication....

don't worry about it, they took the sign down! We were all set to have the pictures taken in a front of it... what a disappointment. I guess too many people were scared off (like you)

I need to get my bags packed and start hitting some of these places...

dude, you don't have to travel far! You live in Oregon. Brandon Dunes will be soon declared No#1 over Pebble Beach - at least if what I saw on the web and heard from people who played it. Start there

Note: This thread is 3342 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!