IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everardo View Post
None

Man, Oregon was is busy now. I tried getting on Pumpkin Ridge Thursday and Friday while I was there and no luck. I'll get back there sometime.

Probably the best courses I've played so far are the 3 at Kapalua Bay in Hawaii.

I lived on Kauai for a bit and had the pleasure of playing the 18 hole Prince and 27 hole Makai courses at Princeville a couple times. Probobly the best golf experience ive had (and will until i get back there). My alltime favorite hole was a par 3 on the Ocean 9 on the Makai course that has a cove between the tee box and the green that you have to hit over. Thats just awsome!

Had the privilege of playing Merion CC in Ardmore, PA back in the early 80's. No yardage markers, wicker basket flag sticks, and caddies. I tried to hit my 1-iron from the plaque in the middle of the 18th fairway where Hogan famously hit his. Of course I had far worse results than he did. What an awesome experience though.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

For me it's Sanford golf course in Sanford, NC.

I've played at Quail Ridge, Sanford, Carolina Lakes (way too many houses on every course) and Knights Play.

The girlfriend likes Knights play because it's a 3-par course and she doesn't care for the 500 yard long courses. I like it well enough but my short game sucks so it kills me to go there knowing that I can't touch my driver or 3 wood.

My opinion might change when everything starts turning green again though. I started playing golf at the start of the year and I still haven't played on a course with a green fairway yet.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

I would have to say it's a toss up between Spyglass Hill and the TPC Las Vegas.  Spyglass, with all the ocean views and the wildlife (deer, sea lions) was an amazing experience to a landlocked guy like myself.  TPC Vegas was my first experience with desert golf, a great course and don't forget your "rock club".

ping.gif Hoofer C1 Stand Bag
taylormade.gif R11 10.5 Driver 

taylormade.gif RBZ #3 Fairway Wood
cleveland.gif Launcher DST #5 Fairway Wood
wishon.gif 785HF #3, #4, #5 Hybrids - Graphite shaft
wishon.gif 770cfe #6-SW - Graphite shaftodyssey.gif White Ice Putter  

I haven't traveled much outside of Michigan, but within the state the three best I've played in order are:

1. Arcadia Bluffs

2. Elk Ridge

3. Detroit Golf and Country Club

Like I said, haven't travled much, but from what I've heard and read Arcadia Bluffs holds up against any course in the country.  I personally can't imagine a course getting much better than that.

Originally Posted by akw512

I haven't traveled much outside of Michigan, but within the state the three best I've played in order are:

1. Arcadia Bluffs

2. Elk Ridge

3. Detroit Golf and Country Club

Like I said, haven't travled much, but from what I've heard and read Arcadia Bluffs holds up against any course in the country.  I personally can't imagine a course getting much better than that.

If your from michigan, try heading up to treetops sometime. They have 4 amazing courses with dramatic elevation change, and probably the best par 3 course in the world(no joke). All are  in amazing conditions, and usually they run some sort of special where you get a round on all 5 courses and 2 nights stay for $300ish. Garauntee you will have a blast.

Driver: Taylormade R9 (10.5)  3wood: Nike SQ DYMO (15)   Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo (19)  
Irons: Nike SQ Sumo (4-A)   Wedges: Taylormade RAC (56, 60)   Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Kiawah Ocean Course

2.) Silver Rock in Palm Springs

3.) TPC Boston

4.) Shining Rock

5.) The International

6.) Farm Neck

7.) Caledonia Fish Club?

8.) Sugarloaf at Sugarloaf Ski Resort

9.) Cateechee

10.) The Walker Course (sentimental favorite)

Here are my top 5:

1)  Spring Hill (Orono, MN)

2)  The Golf Club of Tennessee (somewhere in TN)

3)  Troy Burne (Hudson, WI)

4)  Rush Creek (Maple Grove, MN)

5)  Tournament Club of Iowa (IA)

Spring Hill is an amazing track in MN, but besides that I haven't gone anywhere else that is world class like many of the tracks listed above.  My only connection that I have going for me is that my cousin just got married and his father-in-law is a member at Augusta National, so hopefully sometime I will get to play out there that would be the greatest round of my life.  It has come in handy so far because he got us free tickets to the Masters whenever we want, and he even took us into the clubhouse!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't had the chance yet to play any high end courses but our local course in Northern Maine is one of my favorites, Mars Hill Country Club. There is a small course in Winter Harbor, ME I love to play called Grindstone Neck. The views are great, right on the ocean and cheap to play. Not always in the best condition but love it because it is where I learned with my Grandfather who taught me how to play. Natanis Golf Course down by Augusta is a great course, I have only played Arrowhead as that is where the state team and individual championships are held. Coaches get to play with the kids there so I always enjoy heading down there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Riviera and LA North probably two of the best courses in the world.  I personally like Riv a little more, but both are awesome.  I would love to play there on a regular, but that ain't happening any time soon, haha.  :(

So far...Fossile Trace in Colorado.  Looking to play somthing nice late summer in Destin, FL.

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

In no particular order:

Ocean course, Hammock Beach Florida

Conservatory, Hammock Beach

Skukuza Golf Course in South Africa

Copperhead, Innisbrook Florida

Great White Doral, Miami

Prestwick, Scotland

Royal Copenhagen, Denmark

Old Corkscrew, Tampa

Stadium course, TPC Sawgrass

• 2 weeks later...

The Top 6 in Order

The Duke University Course -- NC

Carnegie Abbey -- RI

Pinehurst No. 2 -- NC

Blackstone National -- MA

Kittansett Country Club -- MA

Crumpin Fox -- MA

Driver: Titleist D3 9.5, Project X
3 Wood: Adams Tight Lies
Irons: Titleist AP2
Wedges: 51 Degree Cleveland, 54 and 58 Degree CG 15
Putter: Ping Kushin (Old School Baby!)

Note: This thread is 3368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!