Sign in to follow this  
Jesh

Looking for some new irons

Note: This thread is 3327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 posts / 1551 viewsLast Reply

I'm looking for irons that have more feel than my current irons the A2OS, but still have some forgiveness. I am planning on buying used, hopefully so I can get them for less than $300. I was thinking about the Callaway X series irons, would those have more feel than my a2os?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I believe the X series should have a better feel than the A2OS's. You may also want to consider MP 60's.

My Pops just picked up the new Taylor Made (I believe R9 irons) He picked up 20 yards on every club!

Thats because his new 9 iron is the same as his old 7 iron.

I like my irons for ease of play, but probably can't find them for the money you mentioned. They don't show up for sale used very often.

My next advice would be to get your swing analyzed by a certified club fitter and get their reccomendation.

Lastly, check out almost any set of Pings.

Ping g5's, g10's, talyormade 320, bridgestone j33, ping s59, wilson staff Di9, precept ec603, cleveland cg2 - cg5, titleist 755, mizuno mx's and mps (many different models, you can get most of these for well under $300 and in some cases under $150

That is funny! you're probably right, but when his 8 iron goes from 120 to 140 I don't really think he cares. :)

That means his PW will go from 80yd to 100yd and he will have to buy two more clubs to fill the gaps. Marketing Genius!! Or he could not fill the gaps and not be a good short game player, that's always an option.

I was looking at the Nike Pro Combo Irons, are those irons forgiving at all? They are used from golfsmith for $200 right now.

I was looking at the Nike Pro Combo Irons, are those irons forgiving at all? They are used from golfsmith for $200 right now.

Nice clubs-but definitely on the low end for the "forgiveness scale". High center of gravity, harder to get the ball up, and pure blades in the short irons. A number of great, high quality used irons I can recommend includes Titleist 775s, 755s, AP1s, PING Zing 2s, ISIs, I3s, Mizuno MX-25s, MX-200s, MX-300s. All combine playability and forgiveness.

I was looking at Titleist 755s, but I can't really find any too cheap. I also found Taylormade rac os for 170. Are those irons what I am looking for?

Note: This thread is 3327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!