IGNORED

Golfsmith Preowned Clubs

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am interested in some of the preowned irons Golfsmith is offering on their website. Does Golfsmith have a set of standards their clubs must pass before they sell them? Have any of you bought clubs for them used? If so let me know about condition of the clubs when you got them.

I got a fair trade in value for my ping i3's when I got my RACs from them. Grooves were excellent, clubs were clean and the bottom of the clubs were not beat up too bad. I would have a hard time buying them without looking at them first, but I am lucky to have a Golfsmith a couple miles away.

I've heard both good/bad things about buying used online. I would check out the stores or other golf places to see if they have what you're looking for first. Craigslist, too

I was just at the store and most of the stuff there that they are selling pre-owned is in pretty good shape. There were some of the drivers that looked a bit rough and not taken care of too well, but for the most part not too bad.

I wasn't too fond of their pre-owned prices though. Some seemed a bit high.

I ordered a hybrid with a graphite shaft and got one with a steel shaft. Sorting it out right now - still waiting to hear back from them. I'm sure it'll be just fine though, I imagine they got where they are with great customer service, especially because they know golfers talk.

Note: This thread is 3961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Hit the 9 wood on a 186 yard par three, hang time was incredibly long. It finally landed and only bounced about 6' forward. I was 20' to the right of the pin. Lipped out the bird, easy par. I think I like this.
    • Shot 86 on a 6000 yard par 72 yesterday. After a mixed start, I'm very happy with the last 10 holes. 3 O.B. tee-shots and a tee-shot that found a bush 3 yards right of the fairway is responsible for +8 of the score and a couple of bad approach shots on the front +3-4 more. Hit 2 of the first 6 and 6 of the last 10 greens and made no 3-putts on very slow and bumpy greens (33 putts total). Hit my short irons really well from the short stuff (hit all the greens from 150 and in from fairway/semi), but struggled a bit from thick rough and with my longer irons.  Finished the round with a nice birdie on 18, a 310 yard dogleg right par 4 playing a little uphill into the wind. Hit my drive well and it ran through the fairway a couple of yards into the left rough, and left me with 50 yards to the pin. Piched a smooth AW to 7 feet an sunk the putt.  Shot of the day came on hole 11, a short, downhill (10 yards), 275 yards par 4 with a false front (uphill the last 30 yards). Hit a perfect 4 wood directly at the flag and it landed 2 yards short of the green (268y), jumped a yard back because of very soft conditions and left me with 8 yards left to the pin. Made the up and down for a nice birdie there as well.     
    • Well how well did he hit the 2-iron?
    • I had my first shot of the AZ a few weeks ago. I felt a fever coming on about 12 hours later, and spent about a day and half feeling like the poo.  After that it was pretty smooth sailing.     Of course, now Canada is looking to be in short supply of follow up shots with that vaccine, and the Pfizer became readily available about a week later.  That's my luck, but I'm glad that i at least have one shot so far.  
    • Day 80.  Today is a bit of a cop-out, and I debated not posting it and taking the miss.  I gave blood this afternoon and hadn't practiced by that point, so I just did more wall drill rather than swinging a club after giving blood.  I'm not sure swinging a club would have been a bad idea, but I figured I need to ingrain this turn more anyway, so... 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. MasonAsher2014
      MasonAsher2014
      (25 years old)
    2. Ryoung3555
      Ryoung3555
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...