IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Post things that you find exceptionally annoying that are commonplace and can't really be changed. For example, don't post slow play since it's obvious and everyone hates it.

HAHAHA I HATE NOT taking a break after 9. I like to grab a quick snack, some swing medicine, smoke a cigarette and count the first 9 and take a few minutes to myself then start the back 9.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My number one complaint is people that hit into your foursome. There just isn't any excuse for that. I know it is frustrating to have a course or group playing slow but there are much less dangerous ways to address the problem, like calling the ranger or ask to play through. My number two complaint is the slow play.

Butch

My number one complaint is people that hit into your foursome. There just isn't any excuse for that. I know it is frustrating to have a course or group playing slow but there are much less dangerous ways to address the problem, like calling the ranger or ask to play through. My number two complaint is the slow play.

I agree..it gets to be a dangerous situation!

I spend a lot of time at the practice area so I have some pet peeves for that:

1. People who scatter their divots all over the place on the range. Hit a shot, take a divot, then place your next ball behind that divot. Repeat until you have tidy little divot patch from all your shots.

2. While on the practice green, once you're done holing at one hole, move your balls and body away from the hole so other can use it.

3. I hate it when the hottie in tight exercise shorts and tight top picks a practice stall behind me. Now, I have to go the club cleaning station or act like I'm working on something behind the stalls in order to ogle her. It's much easier if she just picks a stall in front of me like she did the other day.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I hate playing a round of golf for 5 hours behind a very slow group in 90*+ weather. A 20 minute wait on one hole is absolutely ridiculous.

909D2 10.5* Driver | Diamana Blue 65 stiff shaft
909F2 15.5* Wood | Aldila Voodoo S-core stiff shaft
909H 21* & 24* Hybrids | Aldila Voodoo S-core stiff shaft
MP-58 5-PW Irons | DG-S300 stiff shafts
Spin Milled Tour 52* GW, 56* SW & 60* LW | LWStudio Select Newport 2 Putter
Calloway Tour i(z) Balls | AeroLite III Stand Bag

I hate playing a round of golf for 5 hours behind a very slow group in 90*+ weather. A 20 minute wait on one hole is absolutely ridiculous.

I ran into this just yesterday . the worse it is the more my game is affected . having to wait on every shot just ruins the round for me

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

I know exactly what you mean. I shot a decent 40 in the front, waited 20 minutes on the 11th and proceeded to butcher the back. Up until that time, we were all within a shot of one another - every one of us shot poorly in the back.

909D2 10.5* Driver | Diamana Blue 65 stiff shaft
909F2 15.5* Wood | Aldila Voodoo S-core stiff shaft
909H 21* & 24* Hybrids | Aldila Voodoo S-core stiff shaft
MP-58 5-PW Irons | DG-S300 stiff shafts
Spin Milled Tour 52* GW, 56* SW & 60* LW | LWStudio Select Newport 2 Putter
Calloway Tour i(z) Balls | AeroLite III Stand Bag

I have a playing partner that takes about 5 minutes on each putt. He looks at his line, marks his ball, looks at his line again, walks to the other side of the green and looks at the line from that side, then walks back to his mark, looks at his line again, puts his ball down juuust right, often remarks it to look at the line again, then stands over his ball before putting for about 30 seconds. This would all be fine if he was a good putter, but he is literally the worst I've ever seen. His misses are so severe it's amazing.
He takes a long time on the tee box too, but it doesn't bother me as much as the putting.
I don't know him well enough to say something - soon....

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Lack of water on the course. Saturday it was 95+ and we played a fairly high end course, I think they had two water stations per side and no cart girl.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Lack of water on the course. Saturday it was 95+ and we played a fairly high end course, I think they had two water stations per side and no cart girl.

haha saturday we were at a better than average course . we were waiting on yet another t box when one of the maint guy`s pulled up and put a fresh bag of ice into the water then used his bare hands to move the ice around and flatten it out . I asked the guy I was golfing with if he was thirsty now ? he said did that kid just do what I think he did ? I said yep lol

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

I'm surprised by how many people "hate slow play"...you're playing golf, not speed walking. Now, before anyone says anything..my longest round of the year was 4:20 on Independence Day weekend. I don't understand the desire to blaze through a course but maybe I get enjoyment out of different things than others. I love to be outside, I love to see all the green, I love to observe the course, I find the relative quiet and the openness to be very peaceful and refreshing.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I'm surprised by how many people "hate slow play"...you're playing golf, not speed walking. Now, before anyone says anything..my longest round of the year was 4:20 on Independence Day weekend. I don't understand the desire to blaze through a course but maybe I get enjoyment out of different things than others. I love to be outside, I love to see all the green, I love to observe the course, I find the relative quiet and the openness to be very peaceful and refreshing.

I love to be outside, and a 4-4.5 hour round is fine by me. It's the 5-6 hour rounds where you're waiting a couple minutes for every shot (and more than that for many) that most people complain about. It's not that we don't want to be outside so much as it's hard to plan around your round being 25-50% longer than expected, and it makes it hard to maintain your focus.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I completely agree-up to about 4 1/2 hours. I've tried explaining this to my Dad and brother, that if I'm not out on the golf course I'm looking forward to getting back out on the links, but they're too used to teeing off at the crack of dawn and playing 27 in less than 3 hours if they feel like it.

people who have a custom golf cart with a radio in it, and blare loud music while they play, like we are at a rock concert instead of a golf course

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

people who have a custom golf cart with a radio in it, and blare loud music while they play, like we are at a rock concert instead of a golf course

Ok Judge Smails......j/k...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play a small course that doesn't get much traffic. Its pretty annoying to hear someone complain that the course isn't up to their standard, or not as good as ______ . I don't understand why they don't just play elsewhere if it doesn't meet their satisfaction.

Yesterday, my dad and I were playing a round. The group ahead of us were getting ready to tee off, or so we thought....

They took 10 minutes from the time they walked to the tee box until the first guy teed off. The first guy took at least 20 practice swings, then proceeded to hit his driver probably 200 yards with a nasty slice.

The second guy took his obligatory 20 practice swings, hit his drive shorter than the first, and yes... also a nasty slice.

All in all, they took about 20 minutes for them to tee off.

The reason?

They were waiting on the 3rd guy.

He finally shows up, duffs his drive 100 yards.

3 guys; three tee shots, took about 25 minutes total. They were holding the tee waiting for the 3rd guy.

They could have easily allowed my dad and I to play through. We had a cart, there were only 2 of us, and we'd have been done with the hole by the time they teed off (not that we had to finish it before they teed off anyway; it was a par 5).

I understand they are under no obligation to allow us through, but c'mon. Decency dictates you do. Whenever I've gone golfing and we are waiting on someone to show up (hey, it happens, I understand), I allow anyone to go ahead of us.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

I already posted to this thread but my round on Sunday brought up some new ones......

I am walking alone early and get behind a 4some. An old man and wife and I am assuming their son and his wife. # 1, they weren't playing ready golf. They drove to each ball and sat there and watched each other hit every ball. #2 They see me waiting at the box for them on 6 straight holes and never once wave me through, finally on #18 they ask if I want to play through......uhhhhh, no thanks, its the last hole! #3 The old woman and young woman can't hit the ball more than 15 yds at a time, they must have swung the club 20 times on each hole, after 10 swings pick up and move on for crying out loud. The worst part was both of them would eventually get to the green and then putt the ball 4-5 times to get it close to the hole and then pick the ball up when it was within 3 feet. Are you kidding me, at least give me the satisfaction of seeing your abused ball go in the stinking cup!! #4 I hate when people who can't play insist on going out early morning Saturday or Sunday. They bog up the hole course for the serious golfers who can't play during the week. Please wait for the afternoon to play your turtle golf. I find old ladies particularly like to go out Sat/Sun morning in some sort of post feminism display of their rights. I don't care if you are man/woman or goat, if you can't play stay off the course on the weekend mornings.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!