IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically, Tiger has to sleep on the lead Saturday night if he's going to win. I hope he does work tomorrow like he has shown to be capable of the past few days. Also, what a shot on 18 today!?!

Why Phil needs to hit home run drives is beyond me. He could hit long irons to safe areas and have better iron shots to the greens. 40 mph winds and he's playing hero........... total idiot.

I'd normally say that's just the Phil we know and love...what's new? However, it seems that his gameplan coming in was "long and left." He was pretty vocal that he felt he could win at this course with that game plan. So far it isn't working out, but it will be interesting to see if he sticks with it over the weekend.

Judging by his extra work on the range after his round (working with both drivers), I'd say he will. I'm predicting Casey makes his push tomorrow. Brandon

Yeah-I completely respect Watson, and what he's accomplished, but I've had enough Watson over the last year. Kinda glad now that he didn't win last year, cause I've had more than enough after the 2nd place finish.

Robert Rock should take some lessons with Peltz or Utley to learn how to aim. Looks stupid with his caddie checking his alignment.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd normally say that's just the Phil we know and love...what's new? However, it seems that his gameplan coming in was "long and left." He was pretty vocal that he felt he could win at this course with that game plan. So far it isn't working out, but it will be interesting to see if he sticks with it over the weekend.

Your probably right.

is anybody watching this oosthuizen interview. i kinda like this guy, he's got a great sense of humor. who knows, maybe he can pull it off, but i doubt it.

If he does there will be a lot of "yeah buts" to go along with it. As in "he won, yeah, but if he hadn't lucked out with the early tee time he wouldn't have," etc.

is anybody watching this oosthuizen interview. i kinda like this guy, he's got a great sense of humor. who knows, maybe he can pull it off, but i doubt it.

He's a nice guy and cheerfully bears up under the nickname of Shrek, because of the ears and the gappy teeth. But, yeah, he probably goes boom today.

Very impressed with how Rickie Fowler battled back to make the cut after an opening 79.Back to Even now for the championship and playing well.He's made of stern stuff.

Yeah, very surprised to wake up and see him at even par for the tourney.

If he does there will be a lot of "yeah buts" to go along with it. As in "he won, yeah, but if he hadn't lucked out with the early tee time he wouldn't have," etc.

Well, if he wins he will have only had one early tee time. I'd say he will have earned it.

Phil started off driving it great but has yet to take advantage of it. Pretty surprising. Also a bit surprised that he apparently changed his putter and not much was made of it. Brandon

He's a nice guy and cheerfully bears up under the nickname of Shrek, because of the ears and the gappy teeth. But, yeah, he probably goes boom today.

actually, he looks more like a skinny lee westwood to me. but lee definitely looks like shrek, so i reckon he does.

It's weird listening to Nance on ESPN3, name dropping and saying his hellos and happy birthdays as always.

You just can't get rid of some people.

Good mix of nationalities at this point in the top ten.

South Africa
England
Sweden
Spain
Korea
Sweden
Germany
USA
Spain
USA

Tiger saying hes not making any putts is getting old. Hes not making them because either hes misreading them or not hitting his line/speed. If he wasnt doing either of these things hed be making a hell of a lot of putts. Its like hes not blaming himself anymore and kind of leaves it up to luck or something. Its been like this for the past few years or so.

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!