IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ping is racking up some wins this year. I hope their mojo gets transferred to my game :-p

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer - I read some people weren't getting it. Who is your provider? I'm on Verizon. Can u bypass via VPN/proxy?

what? how do you do that? i've got TW as well and would love to have espn3 without going through the hassle of changing providers. we wanted to do verizon but they don't have it where we live.

Yeah, nice one Shrek!

Four under-par rounds, seven shot margin, didn't crack when his playing partner blew on the home stretch. Good win.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

This is the first time I clapped for someone on TV. He is good people there. Enjoy the victory Louis.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Obviously, we're all golf fans who tend this forum. I'm definitely a BIG golf fan.

That being said.

This major was quite boring. And I'm not one to throw that term out lightly.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Lee Westwood plays the bridesmaid yet again, solo second place but seven strokes behind. This is the fourth time in twelve months that it's been said, but his time to win a major is coming.

As an American, the final leaderboard is distressing. Westwood, Casey, Stenson, McIlroy, Kaymer, and Robert Rock all appear above the first American. Colin Montgomerie can make two teams that would be better than the US team of now. An old-fashioned Britain and Ireland team would embarrass us, and we'd be a toss-up against an all-Continent team. The fairways at Celtic Manor will be stained with Yankee blood in October, and there's no way of avoiding it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

nice work luis!

I wonder who'll win the PGA, it's wide open so far.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The fairways at Celtic Manor will be stained with Yankee blood in October, and there's no way of avoiding it.

I'm looking forward to it. Should I bring a sponge and a bucket?

(Having said that, a lot can change over the next couple of months - but if it was held now I think the score would be rather lopsided. Unless the Americans get a bit of that team mojo they had last time again)

Lee Westwood plays the bridesmaid yet again, solo second place but seven strokes behind. This is the fourth time in twelve months that it's been said, but his time to win a major is coming.

I do agree that it looks like the US may be in trouble. But, the Ryder Cup is still a ways off. You can't automatically assume that the US players will play poorly and the Euro's will play well. Plus, the Ryder Cup is a totally different animal and can't be compared to stroke play events.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Let's not forget this is St Andrews, and links golf. Something the US players are not as used to. Players that frequently play the European Tour plays in more rain and wind than on the PGA Tour. Two out the top three in the US Open was European, with one from RSA, but behind them, there was a lot of Americans.

Europe probably has the strongest field in a long time, but anything can happen in the Ryder Cup.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This open was only boring insofar as one player ran away with it in the best of conditions. Look how close it was for those who suffered with the weather 3rd day from 2nd down on the leaderboard.

Did the "Champion Golfer of the Year" really wear a hat during the awards ceremony and reference the tournament during his awards interview as the "British Open".......I am sure all you Brits out there were cringing.....

Oh my...........but very well played.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

First of all this was a pretty boring finish. Second, it's time for some Americans to start winning... (C'mon Tiger)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

First of all this was a pretty boring finish. Second, it's time for some Americans to start winning... (C'mon Tiger)

An ironic post - for non-Tigerophiles, some of his major championship wins had extrememly boring finishes.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

nice work luis!

Whistling Straits is a beast of a course, quite long and pretty 'wild'.It's kind of a semi-links course.I have a feeling it'll be another brutal Major to go along with Pebble and the two hard days at St.Andrews.Grinder like Harrington might go well there.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

This open was only boring insofar as one player ran away with it in the best of conditions. Look how close it was for those who suffered with the weather 3rd day from 2nd down on the leaderboard.

It wouldnt have mattered, he was heads and shoulders above every golfer out there the last 3 days anyways. Nobody else came close to how Oosthuizen played. No one closed the gap in good weather either. Oos.....dominated the field.

Note: This thread is 4861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!