IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great, my favourite major to watch and local coverage here runs from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am, 8 hours of golf coverage that runs exactly in sync with the 8 hours of sleep I get each night . Oh well, at least I won't have to miss work to watch the final round like I did for the US Open, I'll just have to be very tired.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, my favourite major to watch and local coverage here runs from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am, 8 hours of golf coverage that runs exactly in sync with the 8 hours of sleep I get each night

Get with the times man....sequester yourself and get a DVR or Tivo.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

or be 18 and move to England, holidays from college and cancel your life from Thursday to Sunday, my schedule for these days, get up, walk to living room, turn TV on to BBC, watch 10 hours of golf (9 to 7), go to bed after a bit, wake up next day and do the same again. Gonna be amazing

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Any online viewing like the U.S. Open? I didn't anything on espn....

We've got a Tivo equivalent but I prefer watching golf live. Plus my flatmates wouldn't exactly be too happy with me coming home and watching 8 hours of golf in the evening

. I'll still record the broadcast and watch the best bits but I'd rather be able to watch the action while it happens.

We've got a Tivo equivalent but I prefer watching golf live. Plus my flatmates wouldn't exactly be too happy with me coming home and watching 8 hours of golf in the evening

I used to feel that way but as long as I don't know the outcome I am fine. Besides golf is on when it is a great time to be golfing.

I love the Open Championship! I work 3pm-3am and will be watching the coverage when I walk through the door on Thursday morning. Then put the DVR in to use and record it when I head to bed. I just wish I could be there in person for this thing.

Zach Johnson, as always for the win. Although, I watched him at the John Deere last week and I don't think he's playing his best. I would also like to see Padraig play well. Others to win, place and show: All players from the UK, especially Robert Rock. Epic name for an epic tourney. I think the jug will stay across the pond this year after Cink returns it.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Does anybody how the T.V. coverage will work this week?

Very well. The BBC is in charge and they're British, dammit!!

I'll remind you that he missed the cut last year with a good swing and switched 3w's, now he doesn't have a swing and switched putters

At

Carnoustie Turnberry. This is St. Andrews.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

At Carnoustie. This is St. Andrews.

Turnberry, actually.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Turnberry, actually.

There, I fixed it. My bad.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'll remind you that he missed the cut last year with a good swing and switched 3w's, now he doesn't have a swing and switched putters

Saying he doesn't have a swing is an exaggeration.He's improving all the time in that department, as shown by his improvement in driving accuracy.It's his putting that he needs to worry about, yes.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Saying he doesn't have a swing is an exaggeration.He's improving all the time in that department, as shown by his improvement in driving accuracy.It's his putting that he needs to worry about, yes.

I would say that if he is going to make a move this year, it will be at St. Andrews. I have heard him talk about the BO in a few interviews like that is what he is training to win and focused on. If he comes in with crappy putting it will be a no go. When I watch him play lately there seems to be an air of complacency and that translates into struggling for par and the occasional birdie. It may be my imagination but that is the impression I get.

I have an sneaky suspicion that he will come in and crush the field. If I am completely off base so be it.

Firstly I think rory will win, his record on this course is really good and hes hitting it great, but for the first time ever I would actually like to see tiger win, usually I would go for the under-dog when tigers on the leaderboard, but now he just seems so demoralised and he could quit its gotten so bad. I would like to see him win to restart his career and forget about his troubles

I'm very disappointed that the 4-hole challenge with all the old winners was canceled because of the wind and rain over St. Andrews today. That would have been a lot of fun to watch.

But hey, at least the players are going to have their hands full tomorrow.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 4883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!