IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll remind you that he missed the cut last year with a good swing and switched 3w's, now he doesn't have a swing and switched putters

Maybe you didn't watch the last time he played and his swing was pretty darn good. His putting was not.

Any online viewing like the U.S. Open? I didn't anything on espn....

The ESPN page with the TV schedule seems to imply that they will concurrently have streaming coverage on "espn3.com". Never heard of it before, but I'll be looking into it while at work. Is anybody else going to be up at 4am to watch before going into work like me?

Damn straight Tiger won't win, but yet these pathtic Woods fans can't seem to grasp the concept that you need a swing to win

There appears to be many things you cannot grasp.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESPN page with the TV schedule seems to imply that they will concurrently have streaming coverage on "espn3.com". Never heard of it before, but I'll be looking into it while at work. Is anybody else going to be up at 4am to watch before going into work like me?

I'll be up at 1:00 am when the coverage starts on the west coast. :) I get off work at midnight so its perfect.

It used to be espn360.com, but they removed the "60" and made it espn3.com, following ESPN and ESPN2. I've never used it but, there you go.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
http://thesandtrap.com/thrash_talk/s...0_british_open

Go there, post your winner and his score, and if you're right (winner's name, score within three strokes), you'll win a license to Scorecard.

One guess per person. More than one and you're DQed. Use the same email address or username as you use on the forum so I can identify you.

Comments posted in this thread do not count. Post on the article itself. Answer the other questions we ask while you're at it if you'd like.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm very disappointed that the 4-hole challenge with all the old winners was canceled because of the wind and rain over St. Andrews today. That would have been a lot of fun to watch.

I spent the day there...it was horrific weather: rain, wind

and it was cold. The last 4-ball to go off for practice was Garcia, Quieros, Scott and Bjorn...and they did the first four, then walked across to the back three. Around 1.30pm, it was pretty much certain play was over for the day. I'm also there tomorrow at 7am and expect the same....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Here's the Thursday schedule for ESPN3 streaming.

Thursday, Jul. 15

04:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship - 9th/10th/11th Hole (Day 1)
04:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship - BBC Coverage (Day 1) ------> What's this?
04:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship - 17th Hole (Day 1)
04:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship - 1st/18th Hole (Day 1)

04:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship (Day 1, Part 1)
07:00 AM GOLF Golf The Open Championship (Day 1, Part 2)

If you have a computer attached to your living room TV (like, moi) or watch with a laptop, you can have 4 screens on at once.

Hope the weather isn't rubbish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Groupings:

Martin LAIRDSir Nick FALDOSoren KJELDSEN

Ha, ha, *SIR* Nick.

Ian POULTERErnie ELSStewart CINK

If we put two former winners, maybe it'll rub off.

Padraig HARRINGTONRyo ISHIKAWATom WATSON

Again?

Jim FURYKGraeme McDOWELLGeoff OGILVY

The US Open crew

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Here's the Thursday schedule for ESPN3 streaming.

I believe that is the live feed from BBC, i.e., the "actual TV" coverage.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'll be up at 1:00 am when the coverage starts on the west coast. :) I get off work at midnight so its perfect.

Crap, I'm on the west coast too. I went home at lunch to set the DVR and noticed it starts at 1AM here. I forgot the times on ESPN were EST. I'm definitely not getting up at 1AM for this. I'll just get up as early as I can and watch the DVR recording.

Brandon

Im here all week and Just got back from Ladbrokes after placing all my bets. They totally let you be on pretty much anything here - it's pretty fun. I bet on Phil to win at 16-1, then took each way bets on Martin Kaymer and Sergio at 40 and 80 to one respectively, so I get the full payout if they win, or 1/4 odds if they finish top 5. I also took Harrington, Westwood, Chris Wood and Rose to finish top five, and for a real flier I took Paul Goydos to finish top ten at 25-1. I also went in with my buddy on a Tiger Woods bet on him shooting 74, 75, or 76 at 7-2. He tees off at 900am and if the weather then is like it was this morning that would be a pretty good score. Anyways if any or all of it comes in I could cash a nice ticket, and if not I'm not in for too much.

Meanwhile I can tell you that the town is just an amazing place, and the course is totally awe-inspiring. The view up the 18th fairway with the clubhouse and grandstand in the background, and the buildings running up the right side is...well, breathtaking barely covers it. On thing that tv really doesn't show is how severe the bumps and undulations are through the fairways and up onto the green. The slope at the front of 17 is waaay more severe than i ever thought, and so is the slope between the green and the road. The right side of 18 is the same, it's a severe slope up there, and of course so is the valley of sin, and it's similar throughout the course. The greens by the way are HUGE! One takes up an entire acre I'm told, and almost all of them are compareable - except 17 of course. That green must look like just a sliver to the guys after all the room they've had up until then - plus pretty much anything that misses is going either in the road bunker or on the road. It's just a rough motherf**ker. Magnificent though.

My complaint is that a lot of the course isn't very fan-friendly to say the least. It's really hard to see anything from behind the tees, or even to follow the groups because of all the swutchbacks. I think our plan is going to be to climb to the top of the grandstands next to the 11th green. Because of the crossover we'll be able to see like half the course - 6 green, then all of 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12, and even the 13th tee. With the BBC headsets they rent that should keep us pretty informed with everything. Now we just need the weather to take it a little easy and we'll be set.

My bag:

Driver: Ping G-10 (s flex, 10.5*)
woods: Callaway Hawkeye 3 and 5
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 21*Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus Wedges: Taylor Made TP satin 52* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Maybe you didn't watch the last time he played and his swing was pretty darn good. His putting was not.

Oh I watched alright, I watched the number one player in the world tie for 46th with that swing, lol

There appears to be many things you cannot grasp.

At least I have a grasp on reality, lol

Sergio? Does he still play golf? Seriously.

Thats harsh, he always does well in the open, he,ll be back soon I assure you, on a side note dinovirus you bet on phil to when the open!! haha your joking I like the guy but a bit of rain and hes back on his jet to cali

Oh I watched alright, I watched the number one player in the world tie for 46th with that swing, lol

You keep telling yourself those things.

Brandon

Thats harsh, he always does well in the open, he,ll be back soon I assure you, on a side note dinovirus you bet on phil to when the open!! haha your joking I like the guy but a bit of rain and hes back on his jet to cali

I agree with you to a point. However, I think that Phil is really pumped about making a run here, and he hits it far enough to have tons of birdie chances to do that. My feeling is that he'll either do really well and make a run, or he'll miss the cut. Either way I think it's worth a bet.

My bag:

Driver: Ping G-10 (s flex, 10.5*)
woods: Callaway Hawkeye 3 and 5
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 21*Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus Wedges: Taylor Made TP satin 52* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

I'll remind you that he missed the cut last year with a good swing and switched 3w's, now he doesn't have a swing and switched putters

he switched putters? since when? nevermind, just saw it...

Colin P.

and i "love" how they call the "The" Open Championship...so pretentious, like those Ohio State morons who call it "The" Ohio State University. like there arent other open championships...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 4883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!