IGNORED

Tiger Switching to Method Putter

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did he switch back to the Scotty for the last round then?
If so I am not surprised as he said in his interview (after final round) that he had 9 3 puts this weekend !

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Tiger misses his 5-6 footers more than ever, but his 30-40 foot putts don;t come as close as they used to either.....hence the 3 putts and the bogeys.
He needs to get the longer putts closer, then sink the 5 or 6 footers on a regular basis

Driving is FAR better now than ti has been in a long time, and his irons are looking better every tournament

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If the Wail was more absorbent and the ink didn't run, there would be a good use for it.

However, we now know that like some of Tiger's other liaisons, this one was loveless and unrequited.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

I wonder how many Nike methods will be returned this week?

They should be like big screen TVs purchased the week before the Superbowl - no refunds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

well for all you guys who think he switched to the method putter for nike giving him money then I guess you are wrong. I dont think Tiger would of basically said this putter sucks,lol and switched back in the middle of the tournament if they paid him to use it and promote it. He didnt promote it well for throwing it out

well for all you guys who think he switched to the method putter for nike giving him money then I guess you are wrong. I dont think Tiger would of basically said this putter sucks,lol and switched back in the middle of the tournament if they paid him to use it and promote it. He didnt promote it well for throwing it out

Maybe there was an escape clause? Who knows for sure!?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Maybe there was an escape clause? Who knows for sure!?!?

I was down at the nike oven last week and saw the putting lab where they showed tiger his putting stroke with his scotty and compared skid. The method putter just isn't something that you should change to right before a major. Start your new equipment out softly and practice often with it. Personally, I use the method and I think it is a great putter once you get used to it. The other nike guys use it or the prototype that became it and putted fine. Casey won match play with it and I think it was more a mistake from tiger to think that switching something after all these years would suddenly fix it for him.

He decided himself to try the new putter and they just gave him what he wanted is what I gained from the Oven. They were really hoping to see him use it well because he could pretty much screw them over by switching putters back right away.

In the bag: I'm not a complete nike fanboy.. I just happened to pull some strings and get fitted at the oven
Driver| SQ Machspeed 8.5
Fairway Woods|3,5| SQ Machspeed fairway woods
Hybrids |3,4 iron| SQ Machspeed hybrid
Irons|PW-5| Split Cavity Forged IronWedges| 54 bent to 53 and 58...

Well i'm sure he doesn't miss em on purpose. I think he has neglected his putting some to get his swing in order.

Good point.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Well i'm sure he doesn't miss em on purpose. I think he has neglected his putting some to get his swing in order.

You never know. Here is what one of the commentators said when the TV showed him hitting a couple of practice putts before the round that did not went in:

Source: BBC And here you see Tiger practicing missing putts, very unusual for him

Probably not word by word, but something like that. Best comment all week.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At the US Open I was lucky to be in a great viewing position on a few greens when Tiger came through. A couple times I was looking right down the line of his putt. He'd do his practice strokes, and the arc looked perfect, but when he'd then hit the putt there was a little hitch in his backswing - it looked like a little twitch where the putter head didn't stroke smoothly. And sure enough he missed each of them to the right. Perhaps age is starting to catch up with him a bit and he's losing some of those steely nerves on the green.

Did he switch back to the Scotty for the last round then?

I was on the 14th grandstand watching him putt, and i used binoculars to look at his putter. I was very surprised at that point to see he had changed back to his scotty. It was a silly decision for him to change in the first place.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

It was a silly decision for him to change in the first place.

How would you know? It was obviously a decision not taken lightly.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The SC or the Method, or the Anser he used in the amatuer days, they are in affect all the same putter...in shape and alignment. However, weight and materials are far different. I personally think Nike (off the rack) sticks are horrible, minus the stuff their tour guys are getting, and that stuff is protype which for Nike means "copied from another brand".
Tiger probably threw out there that he was thinking of making a putter change, and Nike jumped at the chance to add a swoosh to that 14th club. The fact that it was a Nike stick is all about his sponser. If he wanted a putter shaped like a TW with a grip made from the scrotum of the endanged Northern Atlantic Ice Otter, they would have kicked ole' Scotty out of the bed at any hour have him mock it up and sent it over on its own private jet no problems...if it were about the performance of the putter. They just had Nike copy his Scotty and add the "New and Improved" insert into it.
Tiger made the mistake of switching out a piece of equipment days before they use it. Most of those guys only switch to a new piece of equipment in the off season, or at least after weeks of testing and we are talking about the most important and "feel" club in the bag.

FYI...I walked into my local golf store on Wednesday before the Open looking for a very specific Scotty to replace my old C62 Model 02, and the salesman could not wait to pull from a pile of 20-30 of the new Tiger Woods Nike MEthod putters. This very same sales guy that only weeks ago explained the incredible virtues of the Cameron, now scoffed at me when I asked him about my specific Scotty in mind. Now for the conspiricy theroist out there...How on earth did the box golf store already have so many of this very specific $300 putter, but only had 5-10 of the other models total????

• Administrator
The SC or the Method, or the Anser he used in the amatuer days, they are in affect all the same putter...in shape and alignment. However, weight and materials are far different.

Actually Nike matched the weight and even the design of his SC with his Method putter. Same measurements, everything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Actually Nike matched the weight and even the design of his SC with his Method putter. Same measurements, everything.

so basically it was a scotty with a nike insert?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Administrator
so basically it was a scotty with a nike insert?

Yeah... and some would tell you his SC was basically an Anser with someone else's name on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!