IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron

• Administrator
crime rates are generally lower where citizens have greater access to guns.

That's also a good stat that continues to hold up through the years.

Again, if a criminal knows that one neighborhood has a lot of gun owners and another neighborhood doesn't, in which neighborhood will the guy conduct his burglaries? Chicago saw dramatic increases in violent crimes when they put strict gun laws on the books. Same in other cities in the U.S.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truely sad part about all this debating is;

If your raised to be a bigot or racist, you will generally turn out to be one.
If your raised to be loving and selfless, you will probably be.
If you raised republican, you will probably be one.
If your raised to be Atheist, you will probably remain that way.
If you were raised Muslim, you will probably remain Muslim.
If you were raised Christian, you will probably remain to think you are one.

My question... Why do most people not think for themselves?

• Administrator
My question... Why do

The question for you is simply this: why do you assume we're not?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I just listed 6 reason above.

No, you didn't. You listed generalizations. If you don't think the generalizations applied here, then your post was off-topic. Enjoy the timeout. You're a nuisance, and your rapid descent to Bad Seed status is a testament to that.

no offence but its things like this that make me love it that im English and not American, id hate to have to carry a gun around to protect myself wherever i go, it'd be unthinkable to even contemplate that over here to be honest

We have the right to bear arms. Its in that big document that seperated us from England.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• Administrator
This is a golf forum. If anyone signs up seemingly for the purpose of discussing only gun laws, they've come to the wrong place.

I'm also not a fan of the glib comments or the name-calling by association. If the thread even hints to get out of control, it's going to be closed by myself or any of the other moderators or admins.

A friend playing at a different course, dropped his clubs into the bed of his pickup truck and drove the cart to the storage area and turned in the key at the starter's area. When he got to his truck the cap door was open and the clubs were gone. If he had a weapon in his golf bag; he would not have protection, he would have a lot of paper work for a lost weapon, someone unauthorized to have a weapon would have one now. A gun in a golf bag would require your constant supervision. Inside the belt holster would be much better.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

I'm guessing Kieran123 hasn't traveled much because the MAJORITY of the US (suburbs and various other cushy rural areas) looks like fairy land to MANY places outside the US.

its the very few select inner city areas that are a problem...and that exists every where else, if not exists in worst conditions.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

• Administrator
its the very few select inner city areas that are a problem...and that exists every where else, if not exists in worst conditions.

Yep. I said before that the "gun problem" is an economic problem, not a gun problem or a mindset or a violence issue or anything like that. U.S. gun violence stats are high because of the inner cities.

Even Michael Moore agreed in his "documentary," and so does every criminologist or sociologist I've read (which numbers at least 7).

And - for the umpteenth time - criminals don't care about rules.

This fact seems to get ignored over and over. The gun laws in America in regards to criminals are as strict as they are anywhere else-they can't have them, can't be near them, can't have ammunition even. In many states, anyone convicted of a domestic violence crime, even a misdemeanor, is forbidden from owning or possessing a firearm. As a former police officer, and intern with the Public Defender's office I'll reiterate what had been said already. Criminals don't abide the law, and the police

will not be there until after the fact . This does not mean that you have to walk around scared all the time, or that you have to carry a gun. Most people don't, and violent crime is at its lowest level in America since the late 1950's/early 1960's. But it does happen, and it's easy to dismiss until it happens to you or someone you love. It's a choice, one that carries with it tremendous responsibility. But the ability to defend yourself and your fellow countrymen/women from violence and/or tyranny is an essential natural right, and is enshrined in our Bill of Rights for a reason. "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Someone (I read it earlier and can't find the quote) mentioned the Va Tech killings and said that if more people on campus had guns the situations would have been averted. Let me say that the last thing I want a college to allow is guns. You can't even trust many/most college students not to drink and smoke, and you want to give them guns? I can see teaches, but not students. That's where I draw the line. If students had guns in that case maybe he would have been stopped after a few murders, but there would have been many more (albeit smaller) shootings on college campuses over the years.

Had there been some law abiding citizens on those planes, carrying guns, that tragedy probably wouldn't have happened.

Wowwww, guns on a plane? I don't know about that. That crosses my personal line.

HAHA - we continually vote in the people who continue to support handgun restrictions. Where is the loss of freedom.

I like Canada. If only it wasn't so damn cold...

The people who claim "brainwashing", I don't understand. If they really wanted guns in NZ they would a) get one illegally, b) move to the US, or c) vote for pro-gun legislators. I guess my gun views are pretty neutral. I have never felt the need to carry a weapon, and I don't know if I ever will. Quite frankly, they creep me out. But the statistics don't lie and when you make guns illegal, violence goes up. And that happened in England when they made them illegal, so it's not an American thing. I just prefer strict restrictions on who can attain them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

damn you sound like a red neck. You sound just as ignorant as the guy opposed to guns. Give it a rest and let's not make ridiculously bold generalized statements.

And you sound just like the ones that are oppressed and can't carry, but then, your opinion of me surely means about as much as the guys from Canada that say that they are glad their government doesn't trust them to carry and protect themselves.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Probably most were "illegal alien" related. You know, they break the law to begin with just by being here. So they don't care if they break more laws. You know, we DO have a problem with that situation here in America.

Sorry bub, our prisons are not filled with illegal aliens. They are filled with African Americans.

Yeah, because no one was ever attacked in a dark alley in New Zealand or Europe...

Not near as much, no. But obviously does happen. Sigh...But the FACT is is that it doesn't happen near as often. Except you somehow read it as me saying no alleyway crimes ever occur on NZ or Europe.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm guessing Kieran123 hasn't traveled much because the MAJORITY of the US (suburbs and various other cushy rural areas) looks like fairy land to MANY places outside the US.

No, I haven't visited the alleys of inner city america.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter